Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Ooooooooh poo poo that bait

Still, pretty good depiction of winning the tournament

And that face. "You're a mean one, Ms Gog-Agog..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"...I mean I want to save him but that's not really worth rigging fights over. I just kind of feel bad about what happened to Zaid."
"O-oh. Okay. Uh. Hold still while I kidnap Cio, please."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wonder if devils are immune to being gogged

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Tollymain posted:

Since devils are their Name rather than their flesh, devouring them might not mean absorbing them the way it does for fleshlings.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Gog just skipped past what could have been like three pages' worth of negotiation and conversation. She went straight to the part that matters for the plot, and I love her for that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think we're all ignoring the introduction of the most important character in this comic

(Played BotW, Operant?)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 18, 2019

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

Wait a minute, if somebody can beat up Solomon David, why would the matches need rigging?

This plan seems suspicious, I don't think I trust this Gog-Agog, if that's even their real name.
My guess: The match against Solomon is to first blood. All the other matches are brutal affairs to the death, so being fresh and un-wounded when you reach the center of the bracket is a big edge.

Tollymain posted:

I would guess yes, but on the other hand, Gog-Agog is a demigod.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*swirls up into a hideous homunculous of worms in front of u* THINK OF MY RATINGS

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roland Jones posted:

Nah, she's a bit more clever than that. She's offering Allison Solomon's empire, and is about to tell her about the tournament, and also maybe Zaid if she's aware that he's there too. Remember, she's pissed at Solomon, and recognizes that Allison is powerful and whatnot.

(Admittedly it wasn't that hard of a prediction; I was actually surprised when some people questioned it.)

That's a heck of a way to shapeshift there, Gog.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
guys, guys *claps a hand onto a table like im solomon david calling an empty chamber to order* gog agog owns

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You let the highly volatile Worm Queen set the brackets for your ultimate fight tournament Solomon? I know his thing is arrogance to the extreme, but that seems really stupid.

Surprised he has not been betrayed sooner.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Drunk Theory posted:

You let the highly volatile Worm Queen set the brackets for your ultimate fight tournament Solomon? I know his thing is arrogance to the extreme, but that seems really stupid.

Surprised he has not been betrayed sooner.

Of course he's been betrayed before, probably shortly before demonstrating how futile that is by flattening whoever Gog set up to win the tournament.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I need that first panel without the dialogue bubbles.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I mean, the whole point of the Ring of Power is to find a worthy successor to pass his crown to, so Gog manipulating the biggest badass to the top is not something he would have a problem with.

paranoid randroid posted:

guys, guys *claps a hand onto a table like im solomon david calling an empty chamber to order* gog agog owns

The monkey cheese lol random Hot Topic demiurge is not the best.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the fact that im being contradicted by dead reckoning is only proof positive that i am objectively correct in all things

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Honesty has rarely been popular.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

she's whimsical to the point of derangement, but she's hardly "monkey cheese". maybe... you just don't like fun?

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

Fister Roboto posted:

She's everything you want to be

She's the smiling face on the old TV

♫She's the writhing mass of worms of personality♫

She’s the cult of worm analogies

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
That tiny :goleft: Solomon is perfect.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Hostile V posted:

"...I mean I want to save him but that's not really worth rigging fights over. I just kind of feel bad about what happened to Zaid."
"O-oh. Okay. Uh. Hold still while I kidnap Cio, please."

I mean she did break into the Vault of Yre to save him

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013
Gog-Agog, you got here a whole year too late.

If you'd offered Allison that worm way back when this story started, she'd have probably taken it.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Boron_the_Moron posted:

Gog-Agog, you got here a whole year too late.

If you'd offered Allison that worm way back when this story started, she'd have probably taken it.

Yeah but Allison wasn't cool enough yet.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

In Gog We Trust

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Never stop posting Cryophage :five:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
THREE DOLLARS

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mimesweeper posted:

THREE GOGLLARS

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I just noticed that Gog's last speech bubble isn't green and wobbly.

She's definitely speaking in Zaid's voice.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

pseudorandom name posted:

Wait a minute, if somebody can beat up Solomon David, why would the matches need rigging?

I think Dead Reckoning has it right. This is gonna be like a tennis major fighter knockout tournament with qualifier rounds before the main bracket. So like 128 qualifiers go in to get to 16 qualifier spots who are put into the 128 person main bracket in a 7 round tournament, where the last person standing gains the right to go up against a fully rested and ready Swolemon David. Also, I think the last round is to the death for the challenger but only to first blood for Swolemon. So at the very least even if you're a top seed you're gonna end up having to go through seven battle to the death fights, and from the QF on you're probably facing really dangerous people who can at least hurt you. So even if you are someone who could potentially make Solomon David bleed, you're already through at least three hard fights in short succession.

Dead Reckoning is probably also right that he's fine with Gog fiddling with the brackets because of his pride.

Dead Reckoning posted:

The monkey cheese lol random Hot Topic demiurge is not the best.

He's dead wrong about this, though. Gog is so awesome. And certainly more savvy than she's given credit for being.

ALIENSDEMIURGES

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Cryophage posted:

In Gog We Trust

Really hoping that Operant is lurking and getting a kick out of these. They're amazing.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Begemot posted:

I just noticed that Gog's last speech bubble isn't green and wobbly.

She's definitely speaking in Zaid's voice.

that might be the first time she's heard his voice since the whole affair began

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Gog-agog is the best. Her pages turn to gold.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Solomon wants to lose fair and square, so he's probably not going to make his challenger fight him immediately after the last round.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SniperWoreConverse posted:

WHAT WAS SHALL BE WHAT SHALL BE WAS

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Bongo Bill posted:

Solomon wants to lose fair and square, so he's probably not going to make his challenger fight him immediately after the last round.

He wants someone worthy, that doesn't mean fair. It's entirely in character for him to have decided that to be worthy requires going through hell and then have to face a perfectly in shape SD immediately. After all, that's still probably easier than being one of the seven survivors of the Second Universal War.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

If all of Gog-Agog is worms, clothing and attributes included, what sound do the bells in her jester costume make?

I'm imagining some sort of quiet meaty flopping sound.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

nimby posted:

If all of Gog-Agog is worms, clothing and attributes included, what sound do the bells in her jester costume make?

I'm imagining some sort of quiet meaty flopping sound.

She's a demiurge, so I imagine she can control how they sound. That's not to say they don't sound like meatballs, just that it would be a deliberate decision on her part.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

she's whimsical to the point of derangement, but she's hardly "monkey cheese". maybe... you just don't like fun?

habeasdorkus posted:

He's dead wrong about this, though. Gog is so awesome. And certainly more savvy than she's given credit for being.
She's an evil clown with a dark carnival, with Deadpool's regeneration & patter, and generic Jhonen Vasquez splatter-horror. Hopefully she'll be fleshed out a bit more over the course of the book.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Dead Reckoning posted:

generic Jhonen Vasquez splatter-horror

Not enough dookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

She's a demiurge, so I imagine she can control how they sound. That's not to say they don't sound like meatballs, just that it would be a deliberate decision on her part.

Meatbells.