Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Tiberius Christ posted:

I found this image and I dont know where i got it but #27 is pretty good

According to Google Image Search, it's Woody Guthrie's 1943 New Year's resolutions. I imagine "Pete" is Pete Seeger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

yeah, it is Guthrie. i once used his bit as a jump off for a lazy op-ed i wrote when i couldn't come up with jack poo poo else to write about. and woody goddamned guthrie is always worth writing about.

my dude even wrote a song making GBS threads on trump's old man for being a racist shithead. not happy for those experiencing discrimination at the hands of a trump, but it is nice knowing leftists will continue to own that family well after I'm dead much like they were owned before I was born.

Guthrie's song Old Man Trump posted:

Old Man Trump
Words by Woody Guthrie Adapted by Ryan Harvey, Music by Ryan Harvey

I suppose that Old Man Trump knows just how much racial hate
He stirred up in that bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed that color line
Here at his Beach Haven family project

Beach Haven ain't my home!
No, I just can't pay this rent!
My money's down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump’s Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain't my home!

I'm calling out my welcome to you and your man both
Welcoming you here to Beach Haven
To love in any way you please and to have some kind of a decent place
To have your kids raised up in.

Beach Haven ain't my home!
No, I just can't pay this rent!
My money's down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump’s Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain't my home!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

some proper happy for the happy thread. here is the full version of "this land is your land"

https://youtu.be/wxiMrvDbq3s

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/CInsistence/status/1126991757831331840

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1126922012432191488

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Tesla stock is currently crashing through the floor despite just getting promised a 2 billion dollar bailout by fundraisers

Current price is 217

Please let Elon finally die

Is the strength of a grift measured by how long it endures despite being openly a grift?

So less than the republican party, but a lot longer than occulus rift

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Tesla stock is currently crashing through the floor despite just getting promised a 2 billion dollar bailout by fundraisers

Current price is 217

number go down, laugh at number

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
can't read lol

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Katt posted:

Have my bitcoin collection.

(circa November 2017)

Unlike bitcoins this collection has actual value.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Why are the bitcoin people so angry? I mean they got rich, why be angry at people who don't want bitcoin? idgi.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Current price is 217

Was it this thread or another where people were speculating that EM has used his shares as collateral for massive loans and claiming that if Tesla drops enough his creditors will force him to start selling shares, possibly driving prices even further down? If this isn’t true don’t tell me, because it brings me joy.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

An insane mind posted:

Why are the bitcoin people so angry? I mean they got rich, why be angry at people who don't want bitcoin? idgi.

it's a cult, op

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

An insane mind posted:

The people who are seriously into cryptocurrency tend to have bizarre anti-government beliefs that include a distrust of fiat currency because it's "not real money", completely missing the irony. They want stuff like Bitcoin to become the primary medium of exchange for humanity.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Loucks posted:

Was it this thread or another where people were speculating that EM has used his shares as collateral for massive loans and claiming that if Tesla drops enough his creditors will force him to start selling shares, possibly driving prices even further down? If this isn’t true don’t tell me, because it brings me joy.

It's not unusual. Enron was set up like that. They offloaded all their debt into LLC's created to keep bad stuff off their books, but you can't just give your debt to someone. You need something to back it up and they used Enron shares. Which was great when the stock was flying high, but an order of magnitude worse as share price declined.

Elon is probably not doing that, but he definitely could have used Tesla shares as collateral. If they go down too much <throat cutting gesture>.

He had teased that Saudi Arabia was going to help him go private. If Tesla tanks it's entirely possible the Saudis take a controlling share and keep it afloat. They're desperate to invest their oil wealth into technology.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
lol @ the urbandictionary entry

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Krispy Wafer posted:

He had teased that Saudi Arabia was going to help him go private. If Tesla tanks it's entirely possible the Saudis take a controlling share and keep it afloat.

they deserve so much more calamity than that happening to them but it'd be a good start

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

An insane mind posted:

Money leaving the system (or not entering it when it theoretically could) means downward pressure on the price of a completely speculative asset.

They all live in perpetual fear of being wiped out completely by a self-reinforcing negative cycle, so there's MLM-level pressure to be positive about the price and future.

It's all the volatility of gold buggery without even the pretense of fundamentals driving price movements.

Wanted By Weed
Aug 14, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Chokes McGee posted:

they deserve so much more calamity than that happening to them but it'd be a good start

It was my understanding that Saudi Arabia had denied being party to this funding, but it's always possible they could have just been lying since Tesla's brand has been significantly damaged from Musk's own antics and some Tesla cars killing people.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Wanted By Weed posted:

It was my understanding that Saudi Arabia had denied being party to this funding, but it's always possible they could have just been lying since Tesla's brand has been significantly damaged from Musk's own antics and some Tesla cars killing people.

Musk made that tweet when he was (according to Azealia Banks) high on acid and realizing that his shoddy attempt at manipulating his stock price was actually really dumb. She said he was desperately trying to contact actual Saudis to beg them to back him up before everyone found out it was fake.

Then it didn't matter if it was because it turns out that you can't ban people from Twitter and then use Twitter to post stuff that changes your stock value without falling afoul of the SEC.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
felon should sell tesla to the united states after bernie takes over. we can get rid of the cars but use the battery and automation tech to power tractors and other industrial poo poo (use the automation for dangerous poo poo or w/e).

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Loucks posted:

It's even worse than that. There's his personal shares that he's loaned out, and there's the mortgages he took out last year on four big pieces of real estate that corroborate that kind of behavior. But separate from that there's also the loans that banks have given the Tesla company itself. Those loans used Tesla shares as collateral, on the condition that they be paid back if the shares stay low enough for a few weeks. That is a "margin call". We're in margin call territory right now according to the prices people have speculated would have been typical of such a deal. If a margin call happens, the company has to pay out cash right now, which it doesn't have, meaning Elon has to sell stock, which he won't because it dilutes his control over the company, and which he can't, because he's used so much of his to take out personal loans.

If all that's accurate, we could end up seeing him personally in a very sudden much worse situation as a result of the stock price falling like this.

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

felon should sell tesla to the united states after bernie takes over. we can get rid of the cars but use the battery and automation tech to power tractors and other industrial poo poo (use the automation for dangerous poo poo or w/e).

The battery tech is another lie in the billion lies peddled by that company. They are vape batteries spot welded together, or some variation thereof. They are nothing like the advanced batteries real car companies make for their electric cars. The proper way to make them is as one piece, by rolling the li-ion material into layers, instead of thousands of cells. Designing a battery planned as a large system from the get-go instead of welding vape batteries together leads to better cooling and fewer failure points. There's also the famous problem of Tesla letting punctured, damaged, batteries out into the wild that had been filled with resin as a coverup job, and then deleting their entire industrial part tracking system when a whistleblower used said system to prove it. That's why no owners can get repair parts to this day. Their batteries are a farce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt1k3BLN7pw

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It's even worse than that. There's his personal shares that he's loaned out, and there's the mortgages he took out last year on four big pieces of real estate that corroborate that kind of behavior. But separate from that there's also the loans that banks have given the Tesla company itself. Those loans used Tesla shares as collateral, on the condition that they be paid back if the shares stay low enough for a few weeks. That is a "margin call". We're in margin call territory right now according to the prices people have speculated would have been typical of such a deal. If a margin call happens, the company has to pay out cash right now, which it doesn't have, meaning Elon has to sell stock, which he won't because it dilutes his control over the company, and which he can't, because he's used so much of his to take out personal loans.

If all that's accurate, we could end up seeing him personally in a very sudden much worse situation as a result of the stock price falling like this.

The battery tech is another lie in the billion lies peddled by that company. They are vape batteries spot welded together, or some variation thereof. They are nothing like the advanced batteries real car companies make for their electric cars. The proper way to make them is as one piece, by rolling the li-ion material into layers, instead of thousands of cells. Designing a battery planned as a large system from the get-go instead of welding vape batteries together leads to better cooling and fewer failure points. There's also the famous problem of Tesla letting punctured, damaged, batteries out into the wild that had been filled with resin as a coverup job, and then deleting their entire industrial part tracking system when a whistleblower used said system to prove it. That's why no owners can get repair parts to this day. Their batteries are a farce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt1k3BLN7pw

Not just deleting the tracking system, but firing the whistleblower and trying to get him convicted for hacking in retaliation for him getting the evidence that they were sending out explosively defective cars.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Woah

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spencer ducks

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

chitoryu12 posted:

Not just deleting the tracking system, but firing the whistleblower and trying to get him convicted for hacking in retaliation for him getting the evidence that they were sending out explosively defective cars.

Here's a big article on that if you want to read one of the craziest loving stories ever, which is about par for the course for Telsa's stories. The article even omits the punctured battery story but it includes some incredibly shady poo poo, like stalking the whistleblower, trying to get him killed by reporting him as a shooter and sending the police, monitoring his and everyone's cell phones, etc. All of which is not very "happy thread" stuff to say, but the happy news is that the source for the article is Elon's former head of security who flipped on him, lmao

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-03-13/when-elon-musk-tried-to-destroy-tesla-whistleblower-martin-tripp

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E: ducks

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
F UCLA

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
??????

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

:emptyquote:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
In today's news, virgin would-be school shooter gets tackled by chad football star / coach

legendaryRev
May 1, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hey, here’s a fun song from Florida youth. They are pretty great.
https://youtu.be/kYqz8QC4Gys

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://wjla.com/news/local/uber-and-lyft-drivers-fares-at-reagan-national

Uber/Lyft drivers are organizing for better pay by loving with The Holy Algorithm.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

30.5 Days posted:

Uber/Lyft drivers are organizing for better pay by loving with The Holy Algorithm.

I loving love that they have an app to manipulate the other app.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

It's kind of neat. an app that skirts around labour laws to fight people using apps to skirt labour laws

They should give these apps Union names because they're basically a digital union

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
here you go happy thread, enjoy genuinely good guy Keanu Reeves and puppies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOqUiXhECos

Just-In-Timeberlake has issued a correction as of 15:50 on May 18, 2019

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wanted By Weed posted:

Ah yes, the Saudis are well known for not wanting to be associated with killing people.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

legendaryRev posted:

Hey, here’s a fun song from Florida youth. They are pretty great.
https://youtu.be/kYqz8QC4Gys

Found some chill music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10-Q4vJGVY

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1129425524105785344

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
gently caress me why have I been saying 'climate change'??

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

30.5 Days posted:

finally, some happy news

slam this poo poo into my veins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

gently caress me why have I been saying 'climate change'??

Frank Luntz