Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Presumably they were taking notes during the whole film to document all anti-vegan behavior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's their thing, she does it for every movie.

Can't quote as it's nested, so links to previous posts. I think she's great.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=490060413
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=490089424
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=490541928

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I'll gladly take that over the reviewer who ends every single sentence with an exclamation point.

Antisam
Jun 18, 2005

Witness the reverie of a mind filtered through tube...
Fun Shoe
Her review of The Last Jedi is an all-timer:

quote:

Vegan alert:
-Luke Skywalker milks the teat (with his fingers) of this walrus-looking creature (and the milk is green and he drinks it)

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Darthemed posted:

I'll gladly take that over the reviewer who ends every single sentence with an exclamation point.

That one guy who just lists everything that happens in the movie in sentence fragments is way worse.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Darthemed posted:

gently caress that guy, i wanna know how he has the top review for so many films

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Darthemed posted:

I always assume these people talk like Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

"Remember me Darthemed!? When I wrote my review for Citizen Kane! I typed! Just! Like! THIS!"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

The Cell?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I just made one of these, looks like a good space to track what movies I've seen and organise my thoughts about them: https://letterboxd.com/foskoff/

I followed a bunch of the people in the OP, now just going through and cataloguing movies I've seen to rate and review later. Fun project!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Gluten Freeman posted:

I just made one of these, looks like a good space to track what movies I've seen and organise my thoughts about them: https://letterboxd.com/foskoff/

I followed a bunch of the people in the OP, now just going through and cataloguing movies I've seen to rate and review later. Fun project!

Shoplifters in Top 4?

*followed*

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I feel a bit sorry for your father to be honest.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Franchescanado posted:

Shoplifters in Top 4?

*followed*

I'm so goddamn pissed that it doesn't appear to be getting a blu ray release, because that's no way to treat 2018s best film.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There’s a British blu, maybe not region locked? Hopefully somewhere will have an unlocked with eng subs even if there’s no US release.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

EL BROMANCE posted:

There’s a British blu, maybe not region locked? Hopefully somewhere will have an unlocked with eng subs even if there’s no US release.

I'm in the same region as the UK so he'll yeah

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Samuel Clemens posted:

I feel a bit sorry for your father to be honest.

trust me, he deserves it

edit: also I do see actual good movies with him on occasion I just can't remember them anymore

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 17, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just hit this blessed milestone

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

ruddiger posted:

Just hit this blessed milestone

came here to post mine but yours is definitely more blessed

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are there any famous people on LB besides Roger Avary and Sean Baker (director of The Florida Project)?

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Uwe Boll is apparently on Letterboxd. His reviews all read like troll posts, but that’s basically his whole public persona now, so it’s probably real.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Mike Portnoy is apparently on there. If it's a joke account, they're playing it very close to their vest.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Friends Are Evil posted:

Uwe Boll is apparently on Letterboxd. His reviews all read like troll posts, but that’s basically his whole public persona now, so it’s probably real.

These reviews are remarkable

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Friends Are Evil posted:

This is incredibly awesome

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
hahaha I never knew I needed Uwe Boll movie reviews in my life.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Mr. Boll has phantom rating powers.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
I can't even pick a favorite Uwe Boll review to share here. It's all gold. All of it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
This is my personal favorite. So far.

Strong contender for a new thread title.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Figures Uwe Boll would like Life Is Beautiful.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Cinema Discusso > Uwe Boll's Letterboxd (formerly Letterboxd, until further notice)

https://twitter.com/KennethJWaste2/status/1130158644895584257

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Lol that his first review was for Amelie on april 3 of this year

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hari Nef, the trans actress from Assassination Nation is also on it.

Is there anything like Letterboxd for TV? I want to be able to rate and review full series or seasons, not just episodes, and keep a running lot of what I've watched.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I haven't really used it much, but I think Trakt.tv does what you want.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Uwe Boll got banned from Letterboxd, I think.

RIP

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I really don't get some of Letterboxd's ranking decisions. Why is a film that's been seen by five people and appears on one list considered more obscure than a film watched by one person and appearing on two lists?

RIP Boll.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hm I commented on someone’s list the other day, and now I’m getting push notifications whenever someone else comments on it. But there doesn’t seem to be an option in Letterboxd to enable or disable this. Don’t recall this ever happening before, even when someone directly replied to me (which would’ve been actually somewhat useful).

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hm I commented on someone’s list the other day, and now I’m getting push notifications whenever someone else comments on it. But there doesn’t seem to be an option in Letterboxd to enable or disable this. Don’t recall this ever happening before, even when someone directly replied to me (which would’ve been actually somewhat useful).

If you check the list on the desktop version of Letterboxd there should be a green bell that shows up near the comments for that list, just click on that to disable notifications.

I think you can also disable it under your profile>edit profile>notifications.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looks like it’s a phone limitation then, will sort it out in a few days when I’m back at a computer. Thanks!

E: aha found it on the app in the thread too. Silence, glorious silence.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 25, 2019

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Kinda childish, but had to mark this milestone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Darthemed posted:

Kinda childish, but had to mark this milestone.

your next 111 movies must all be rewatches