Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Phy posted:

They stopped printing those, now it's just another loyalty card.

When, yesterday? Cause I was there 3 days ago and received some of this fine cash that I instantly throw in the trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I haven't been given any in at least a couple years! :(

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Must be regional. Or maybe a franchise vs corporate owned thing?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Please tell me it's real.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Dunno it just came up in my Facebook feed and I thought yay I finally have a funny pic for that thread. I hope it is too and we should assume it is until an expert corrects us.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Please tell me it's real.

It's fake. The original said "Hey officer."

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Jamesman posted:

:drat:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Yeah, the maga and flag stickers support this

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Jamesman posted:

Reminds me of this classic.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Thus kills the crab.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crab battle!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

New ceramic knoiv commercial looking dope.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jerry Cotton posted:

Thus kills the crab.

Nice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1129903879972413441

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The sad results of pata a garra combat.

Opabinia
Dec 21, 2011

Your Burgess Shale buddy!

Phy posted:

I haven't been given any in at least a couple years! :(

That's odd, I was there last weekend for bedding plants and I got physical bills. They do have the cards, and there was a big push a couple years back to try and get people to switch, but it didn't seem to catch on, at least in BC. :shrug:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
IIRC you don't get the funny money if you pay with a non-Can Tire credit card.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dillbag posted:

IIRC you don't get the funny money if you pay with a non-Can Tire credit card.

Do this all the time. Still get the fake-bux.

Nubian Sasquatch
May 3, 2007

back dat ass up
Nap Ghost

hhhat posted:

Always put salt in your eyes.

KILL DANNY

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Facebook Aunt posted:

Canadian money only has Canada's queen on it. We never rebelled against the monarchy, she's still our queen.

Should've crowned Viscount Byng when you had the chance. King Byng, now there's a monarch.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my favourite part of this is hiw carl from swindon has to twist his brain to say the media encourages violence with this but when *he* does it its only joked

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

In 1999 I paid my way into see The Phantom Menace with $12 worth of Canadian Tire money. I'm not sure who got the worse end of that deal.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

I always thought Rush was the Queen of Canada

Oh. Oooohhhh. :golfclap:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Caedus posted:

In 1999 I paid my way into see The Phantom Menace with $12 worth of Canadian Tire money. I'm not sure who got the worse end of that deal.

You.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

theflyingorc posted:

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

theflyingorc posted:

:perfect:

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Her lawyer actually found internal memos from McD's corporate where they discussed how much money they would save and concluded they could afford a few lawsuits. The money awarded was equal to one day of profit on coffee for the whole corporation.

How does keeping the coffee hotter save money?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I wonder if Geddy Lee talks like an ordinary guy :thunk:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Father Jack posted:

How does keeping the coffee hotter save money?

Back then people drank their coffee when they got to their location, so making it super hot meant that it would be the right temperature when they got to work, meaning they would be more likely to buy coffee. People getting to their work/wherever and going "ugh this coffee is tepid, not getting that again" would cut into their bottom line.

They had those old plastic lids that you had to crack open that weren't really conducive to travel drinking, like this one:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This is so stupid because I buy a coffee at the beginning of my commute and specifically position it to keep my balls warm while I drive. You ever been in rush hour traffic with warm Maguffins? It ain’t even difficult.

I don’t even drink coffee.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Memento posted:

Back then people drank their coffee when they got to their location, so making it super hot meant that it would be the right temperature when they got to work, meaning they would be more likely to buy coffee. People getting to their work/wherever and going "ugh this coffee is tepid, not getting that again" would cut into their bottom line.

Ah, OK. I knew McDonalds said they served it extra hot so it was still warm when people got to work or whatever. The previous poster describing it as 'saving money' made me wonder if it was somehow cheaper for them to produce or serve at the higher temperature, rather than potentialy losing sales if they served it cooler.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Must be regional. Or maybe a franchise vs corporate owned thing?

It has to be just that store. I've lived all over Canada and have never seen a Canadian tire not hand out their play money.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Memento posted:

Back then people drank their coffee when they got to their location, so making it super hot meant that it would be the right temperature when they got to work, meaning they would be more likely to buy coffee.

Nope. That is a lie that McDonalds came up with to explain why they sold coffee dangerously hot. Strangely enough, drinking coffee in the car was not something invented in 2004, people did it in the past too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
The fact that people still dog-pile on that lady who sued mcdonlads about getting burnt pisses me off. The lady had loving 3rd degree burns in her crotch and almost died from infections and poo poo due to having to have grafts. She got turbo hosed by that coffee. Mcdonlads launched a smear campaign against her and proto-chuds fell for it and the story lives on about how nanny state idiots won't let us drink are coffee at nuclear hot temps from lovely fast food places. Sorry I have to go work in the burn unit this morning and I'm not happy about it, stay safe people.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah, that is honestly awful and I’m very glad McDonald’s lost that lawsuit. I hope she is doing well? You never get to hear how they’re doing years later. But today, now that coffee is an appropriate temperature, it’s a great tool for a better commute.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Nope. That is a lie that McDonalds came up with to explain why they sold coffee dangerously hot. Strangely enough, drinking coffee in the car was not something invented in 2004, people did it in the past too.

Do you have another explanation for why they did it?

It's easy to believe that they would put profit above customer safety. Harder that they would choose to serve the coffee so hot to begin with, and keep doing so once they were aware people were being injured by it for no particular reason.

Pierre Chaton has a new favorite as of 12:57 on May 19, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Blind Rasputin posted:

Yeah, that is honestly awful and I’m very glad McDonald’s lost that lawsuit. I hope she is doing well? You never get to hear how they’re doing years later. But today, now that coffee is an appropriate temperature, it’s a great tool for a better commute.

She died shortly after the lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blind Rasputin posted:

She died in 2004 having had zero quality of life in the intervening years.

Gripweed posted:

I don't understand why it has to be a lie? It was still wrong of them to do, it's just an explanation.

Also, the events of the case happened in 1992, so, yeah, you're probably just making some bullshit up to fishmech your way into a conversation.

edit:

Gripweed posted:

She died shortly after the lawsuit.

lol, a decade is shortly after. You really don't have any idea, you just don't like things not being about you.

funny picture

Memento has a new favorite as of 13:01 on May 19, 2019