Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i kinda took that as a "we are hosed either way, either we die to the dude who fires arrows on his own army or we die to the giant and the vale knights".
Remember when they fired the catapults into the white walkers and wights right as the Dothraki were charging?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What was the point of howland reed

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He's either going to show up in the books and confirm Jon's heritage or never show up again because GRRM's writing style leads to a lot of dead ends.

He had no point in the show.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Howland Reed is an anagram for Herald Endow

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

clown shoes posted:

Howland Reed is an anagram for Herald Endow

Also Dash Rendar omg GoT is star wars

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They should have put in Bran eating Jojen instead of getting frag grenaded.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

SeANMcBAY posted:

All shows are bad compared to Twin Peaks.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Also Dash Rendar omg GoT is star wars

Meera/Jon Snow are secret twins theory felt very Star Warsy.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Shut up, GEEK!.

YOLO!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stabbed Ser Arthur Dayne in that flashback. That was sort of important.

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

mastershakeman posted:

1920s is the worst decade in history and the sooner it's forgotten the better

I dunno man the 2010's are a strong contender.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Remember when they fired the catapults into the white walkers and wights right as the Dothraki were charging?

B-but it looked cool.... ?

Oh wait, it looked like poo poo, nevermind.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i kinda took that as a "we are hosed either way, either we die to the dude who fires arrows on his own army or we die to the giant and the vale knights".

But the whole point I'm making is that at that point in the castle Ramsay no longer can threaten them. He's dead and everyone knows it. Tying a sack on his head and yelling "We'll open the gates and hand over Ramsay if you let us go." is the only out they had. Instead they are slavishly devoted to a man who even the show pointed out doesn't have anyone actually loyal to him. It even would have been some 8th grade book reporting for Jon to honor said deal unlike Ramsay's deal with the Ironborn. Hell the literal next episode has Jon do just that by not having everyone who didn't fight for them killed or disinherited like Sansa wants.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

PyPy posted:

I just want to see a dragon dong before it's all over, goddammit.

The Magicians says hello! (This might be nsfw depending on your company's policies about dragon dicks).

it's a tweet oh god don't click me

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 19, 2019

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Boris Galerkin posted:

The Magicians says hello! (This might be nsfw depending on your company's policies about dragon dicks).

This is now canon.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's a tweet for the ages.
I want Trump to RT it

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I appreciate that pun.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Semi-related and forgive me if this has been discussed:

Remember the Tower of Joy flashback when Young Ned was briefly aware of someone's (Bran's) presence? I'm not naive enough to think this will come up again in the finale, but it sure would be nice

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looking forward most to the hipster bar's reaction to "YAS! QWEEN SLAIN!" tonight more than anything to do with the episode proper.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'm looking forward to Talk the Thrones on the Ringer because I think they're contractually obligated to not bash the show. Their discomfort discussing the nuclear holocaust last week without being able to call it rubbish was palpable.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

This aged very, very, poorly

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Some would argue it aged very appropriately.

Between this and that horrific Fight Song parody, it's looking even less surprising that Trump won.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Real Name Grover posted:

Remember the Tower of Joy flashback when Young Ned was briefly aware of someone's (Bran's) presence? I'm not naive enough to think this will come up again in the finale, but it sure would be nice

It sort of came up again when Bran warged into Hodor and Meera told him to "hold the door" but I would be shocked if anything else came of it.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

it aged like fine wine

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

Some would argue it aged very appropriately.

Between this and that horrific Fight Song parody, it's looking even less surprising that Trump won.

I'm just glad she's not running for a third time after losing to some Senator from Illinois and then to a blowhard real-estate mogul/reality TV star.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Yeah she would totally kill everyone if she had one dragon

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Looking forward most to the hipster bar's reaction to "YAS! QWEEN SLAIN!" tonight more than anything to do with the episode proper.

Did they ever put up clips.for audience reaction to rhaegals death or danys bells

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

mastershakeman posted:

Did they ever put up clips.for audience reaction to rhaegals death or danys bells

yeah burlington bar did

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1130109088203968513

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ok, thanks Mr. Blue Checkmark.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

JaddaCaddra posted:

Sons of Anarchy: One of the main plots was that Jax's father was killed by his mother and now stepfather before the series, but for the first few seasons this was mostly ignored in favor of establishing the characters and such, which is fine. It comes to a head with Jax discovering the stepfather's involvement in the end of season four. Further development of this for the remaining years is pretty much ignored after Jax gets the stepfather arrested in season five's conclusion. The club breaks him out and then kills him after a whole season of him being pretty well removed from the action so there's no catharsis for this main antagonist's death. The final season's main plot is pretty much done with in four episodes with the rest of the screen time leading to the last two episodes being spent on fetch quest plots. Jax does kill his mother but for something unrelated, and then the finale opens with him burning any proof of her killing his father without ever learning the truth himself before spending the finale killing any remaining bad guys we stopped caring about a long while before, and then he finally drives his father's bike into a truck to off himself. Oh and maybe his dad knew his bike had been tampered with but decided to let himself get killed, that's something they inserted into the plot for absolutely no reason at the last minute.

That's all just scratching the surface. I could write a novel on how bad those two ended up being.

I could never take peggy seriously after married with children anyway.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Really makes you think.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
This is loving John Madden levels of insight.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Abner Assington posted:

This is loving John Madden levels of insight.

I think he's mocking the way D&D speak in post-episode interviews?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is there, like, a Chrome extension that blocks any tweets from "journalists", "cultural critics", or "media personalities"?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

feedmyleg posted:

I think he's mocking the way D&D speak in post-episode interviews?
Poe, etc.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Mameluke posted:

Is there, like, a Chrome extension that blocks any tweets from "journalists", "cultural critics", or "media personalities"?

I've got bad news about Twitter, man

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

he's obviously mocking D&D's post-episode commentary style here

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what was even the point of this loving show and books?

the fight for power is bad?

really insightfull GRR and Dand D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

do you mean to tell me that the News Editor at @JewishCurrents is not a writer on Game of Thrones?