Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Skeematic posted:

Anyone having a problem with rockers and adventure sync? Adventure sync works when I'm working out or walking to and from meetings etc, but the rocker doesn't track.

It's been working on and off for me the past week with no real rhyme or reason to why it just stops sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

crispyseaweed posted:

If anyone is unsure, you can confirm this without actually going through with the evolution. Renaming them changes the evolution button from a question mark to the silhouette of Leafeon or Glaceon.

Do you still have to evolve them at the special lures?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EVG posted:

Do you still have to evolve them at the special lures?

I just evolved a Leafeon and Glacion, with no special lures nearby (or anything, since almost nothing spawns at my house...).

As soon as you save the name change, the Evolve button changes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Just evolved two Probopasses thanks to someone using a magnetic lure on the pokestation near my apartment. Thanks, random guy. Also caught a Beldum there, but sadly no Magnemites showed up. I still need to find a good one to evolve for the... Mew quest? Or the Meltan one.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Someone put the ice lure on my house stop and the two other types on two stops nearby, and this isn't even a place where people usually play - I think I've only ever seen a lure here that wasn't by me one other time. It probably won't be hard to find the lures up somewhere these days.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Basebasebase3
Queen0bscene
TheBiggaFigga

Can we hit BFF tomorrow 9 am PST?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
If you evolve an eevee at the lured stop is it guaranteed to be the lure evolution or is it still a toss up?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Been saving the Eevee for this for a long time. :3: I love my pretty flowery ice girl.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 19, 2019

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

HookShot posted:

If you evolve an eevee at the lured stop is it guaranteed to be the lure evolution or is it still a toss up?

Guaranteed, as long as you see it change to show the icon of the lure, and the silhouette of Leaf/Glac. If it's still showing the question mark, it's still the gen 1 toss up.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
You need to spin the lured stop, too.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Training a dude at work, and I already doubt he is staying because he thinks the work is beneath him. So we were at a mall today doing deliveries, I saw the new Mon and said hey, let's lunch here.

He refused because he didn't want people he knew seeing him in uniform. So we skipped lunch. This already made me mad because I was trying to be nice, he didn't say that part till after we left.

Dude is lucky his training will me is over.
Should've let him sulk in a secluded corner while you got lunch.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

Should've let him sulk in a secluded corner while you got lunch.

I am rather pissed at him (I don't think he's going to last long here and he wasted a week training with me) and myself for not being more assertive and saying no, rear end in a top hat, I need a break!

So if any goon has a spare blue shellos and a way to get it to me in AZ, I will....I don't know, spit in the dude's eye when I see him next?

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Beastyfella posted:

You need to spin the lured stop, too.

I don't think this is true, you just need to be close enough that you could spin it.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I had a cracker of a community day, ended with 17 shiny Torchics! The last one being a 98% at level 30 :swoon:

Also hatched a shiny Togepi and caught a random shiny Meditite.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Razor Jacksuit posted:

I don't think this is true, you just need to be close enough that you could spin it.

ime it's not "close enough to spin", it's "you have to be nearly on top of the drat thing, standing in the lure confetti"

We have a local quad-stop so named because you can spin all 4 from one location, it's been fairly consistently triple-lured and you def. have to get closer to a given stop to trigger the option to evolve.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

caught 364 torchics, 11 of them shineys, none were good but i had a perfect combusken from last time so i took it easy

also caught my 62nd mawile and its a shiney, might be the only shiney i actually keep

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

ime it's not "close enough to spin", it's "you have to be nearly on top of the drat thing, standing in the lure confetti"

We have a local quad-stop so named because you can spin all 4 from one location, it's been fairly consistently triple-lured and you def. have to get closer to a given stop to trigger the option to evolve.

having to be so close might be _because_ those stops are so near each other

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I had the same experience yesterday. I could spin the lured stop just fine, but had to get much closer to see the evolution options.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Had a weird community day. I couldn't play properly until 5pm cos of work, but I was in the city so in the hour I caught a poo poo load of Torchic. Not one shiny. I normally get a few shinies while catching a similar amount on past community days.

Yet I caught a shiny Snubbull AND a shiny Mankey. Wtf

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

yeah I have a stop that I can spin from my house, but I cannot evolve with it from my house, I have to go outside and right on top of it.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I literally have had to travel into town to actually play today, my regular park is currently a hell world of flying midgies all trying to eat my eyeballs. If only this was a bug event

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Community day was pretty random again. Wofe an I both caught 1 shiny in an hour while our son caught 4. Next hour we all got 2 more and then in the last 10-15 mins when we were going home we caught another 3 each.

How good is the special move, worth it or not at all?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

LochNessMonster posted:

Community day was pretty random again. Wofe an I both caught 1 shiny in an hour while our son caught 4. Next hour we all got 2 more and then in the last 10-15 mins when we were going home we caught another 3 each.

How good is the special move, worth it or not at all?

It's just a smidge better than Blaze Kick, which they also added to Blaziken's move pool permanently.

It's nothing worth getting too twisted about. Either move with Fire Spin makes Blaziken the top fire attacker in the game by a pretty large margin.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm doing the tourist thing but ended up catching one shiny at Luxor temple ten minutes before the end of community day.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Kantesu posted:

Guaranteed, as long as you see it change to show the icon of the lure, and the silhouette of Leaf/Glac. If it's still showing the question mark, it's still the gen 1 toss up.

Thanks!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Caught four shiny torchics, but they are all awful stats-wise. Highest IVs I got in general was in the 95%. Oh well. Still, evolved a bunch of Blazikens that should come in handy at some point.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've never done a raid, do I have to significantly contribute to earn anything? My best Pokemon are garbage.

Just try to get into as many of those as you can with people. Don't feel bad that your best ones aren't up to snuff yet; any contribution to raid helps. If people are skeptical about if you guys have enough to take down the raid boss, you can be like "Hey, my teams aren't very good yet, just saying" just in case your group is cutting it close. I don't think anyone would ever exclude you just because you don't have good enough stuff, they'll just maybe want to wait for more help to arrive. I think most people would be excited for you getting legendaries for the first time and building you into a stronger raid contributor.

Getting more legendaries helps fight legendaries so get into as many as you can. Azelf, the one out right now, isn't that helpful but at least it'll have decent CP and have resistance to its own type when you fight more Azelf. More strong legendaries will come back in the future for sure.

e: If you were wondering what else you could hunt for besides legendaries, I would recommend trying to get Pokemon with good dark or dragon type attacks to help with raids. Tyranitar is often a level 4 raid boss (not right now though) and I guess you just missed Bagon day last month for free Salamence. Otherwise just keep playing and some good stuff pops up in the wilds sometimes with crazy high level. Depending on if there's events going on, but when Alolan Exeggutors are around, I always find them to already have 2000+ cp when catching them (and they have dragon type moves!).

Willsun fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 19, 2019

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I only went out for about an hour today I caught two shiny, and I'm happy with that. I wouldn't mind a third one for all three stages but I'm happy to just have a shiny Disco chicken for now.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got four shiny chickens. They all suck. Doesn't bother me as much because I already had a lucky Combusken that I was saving to evolve on community day, and I have another lucky Blaziken that I can TM Blaze Kick onto and it'll be almost as good as Blast Burn.

A good day for chickens, all in all.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Two shinies and they're both crap.

Buuut I have a maxed out wonder Blaziken with it's 15 in Defense now, so I can't complain much.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Where are people looking at stats ?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Shiny blaziken looks the same as the normal one instead of a hideous palette swap, what gives

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Shiny blaziken looks the same as the normal one instead of a hideous palette swap, what gives
i like it :shrug:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Caught 7 shiny Torchic. Met up with a lucky friend and traded Raikou so now I finally have a good one. Highlight of the day probably was a lvl 30 100IV Alolan Geodude.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Three hours of work and no shiny chicken :smith:

On the bright side I have 4 p good blazikin now and should never have to bother with a non-shiny torchic again

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Got 6 shinies and my first Azelf. Now I just to find someone to trade me Misprit and Uxie eventually.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

my insane shiny luck continues. earlier today i caught a shiny nidoran and research tasked a sableye, then i got 11 goddamn tochics and a shiny luvdisc. it's me, i've stolen all of your shiny luck.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Where are people looking at stats ?

I use this. On Android supposedly you can have an app overlaying your game or something that gives you the information immediately.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Happy Blaziken day goons!

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Whoever Stekspader is, i just sent the gift to make us ultra friends. Send me a pm if you want to sync up.