Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Thanks! How do you stop yourself from dying? I'm running vitality and adaptation and as soon as I hit wave 8 I can't help but get killed sometimes. Even with double magus elevate as a panic heal I get burst down before I can react. I'm running r3 arcane guardian too. Maybe it's a case of not killing stuff fast enough, I've only been running ~150% power strength but I have a really solid gram prime build that one shots everything.

The next test was going to be a Lesion with heaps of status and healing return to spread spores and top my health up. Much less stopping power though.

It's probably a case of too many Grineer being able to chip away at you really really quickly or one corpus tech doing actual damage while the rest plink away at you slowly.

As others have pointed out Saryn's best defense is killing stuff that she has no hope of even seeing. Sporing someone gives you a incredibly short cc, you can use this to one shot a single weak enemy, and again when it spreads you can use that to move around real quick. I tend to really not have this problem if I'm always either airborne or slide attacking. The more you move the less accurate everything trying to shoot you is. Which is not like a 'well you're moving so clearly some stuff will miss' thing, the enemy AI is actively less accurate the faster you're going and the more acrobatics you pull off. Rolling is like a straight up 75% or 90% damage reduction for any damage you do happen to take during the animation and it also lets you avoid being knocked down by shockwaves and arson eximus flame pulses.

If I'm feeling surrounded and need to gtfo quick i either roll away and then bullet jump, or pop my molt and do the same, or I just ground slam a small area into helplessness while I reapply spore. Miasma slaps people with a slightly longer 'oh gently caress i'm melting' cc animation than spore so that's also an option but this is very much 'heat damage is cc' level of cc, just widespread.

Saryn has some armor but she's definitely not real tanky at all, your best defenses are to never ever stop moving and to make certain that everything in a 30-40m radius is dying before you see them because spore exists.

Reminder that you don't really need to use miasma that much, hence my really low efficiency, but if things aren't dying to spore miasma will usually change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GenericOverusedName posted:

I want to like the Daikyu but the draw time on it is just painful for me. I could mod to reduce it but then it doesn't make the numbers as bigly and I want big numbers!
Oh it absolutely needs a +fire rate mod/riven, but you can afford the space. Even with just the basic serration / split chamber and 4 split stat mods, the damage is crazy enough not to have to worry.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
What's the name of the goon guild? I applied (twice, because I screwed up the first one), and I just got an invite from somebody, but I realized I don't know if this is from the goon guild. "Paladins of Loki"?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

prefect posted:

What's the name of the goon guild? I applied (twice, because I screwed up the first one), and I just got an invite from somebody, but I realized I don't know if this is from the goon guild. "Paladins of Loki"?
It's "GOON". Also, a pending invite will block any others.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Helter Skelter posted:

It's "GOON". Also, a pending invite will block any others.

Thanks; I have declined that invite.

Also, what's this pink growth on my neck?

:ohdear:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

MRSA. Gotta get it lanced in the ship.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i don't know why everyone's complaining about the unvaulting drop rates, i got a loki systems leeching off a goon before i'd gotten anything else

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i got volt prime in my first run through the relics :smug:

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Generally speaking, prime drop rates are unpleasant if you want to get something in particular, and good if you just want to get prime bits in general.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

prefect posted:

Also, what's this pink growth on my neck?
:ohdear:

It's benign. Once it finishes growing (a little hair/tendril grows out of it), you can get rid of it one of two ways. One way is to explore the corners of your orbiter and see if something reacts. The more interesting way, if you have a working incubator, is to go to hatch a dog friend and see if your options have expanded.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Can you hatch a tentacle cat friend?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Sadly, no.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Kavats are explicitly immune to the infestation, that how they live in the derelicts, and why the grineer use them for clean up. Little Felix straight up eats the drat things.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
How do Kuva missions work? The game was like "you can do these now" and gave no further details on them at all. There was an extractor or something that I wasn't sure if I had to defend or kill and I guess kuva clouds that had to be lasered? Probably didn't help that it stuck me into an already active map.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

StashAugustine posted:

i don't know why everyone's complaining about the unvaulting drop rates, i got a loki systems leeching off a goon before i'd gotten anything else

ive done 4 full L4 radstaggers and not got a single rare

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

AzureSkye posted:

How do Kuva missions work? The game was like "you can do these now" and gave no further details on them at all. There was an extractor or something that I wasn't sure if I had to defend or kill and I guess kuva clouds that had to be lasered? Probably didn't help that it stuck me into an already active map.

in a game full of underexplained mechanics, it's a pretty egregious one

When the black clouds go towards the extractor, you have to void dash through them. If you do that 4 times, the extractor explodes and it's a success. If a cloud reaches the extractor, you get 1 strike, and at 8 strikes you don't get a lesser reward (nothing if you didn't bust any clouds).

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Can't you just shoot them with your amp?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yes you can shoot kuva clouds with your amp

the lega prism is perfect for this imo.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Yea you just need void damage. So amp, void dash, and void blast all work.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah, you can amp the clouds too but the hitbox can feel weird.

Also remember for the big guys, void blast to knock off the Kesheg and make them vulnerable to damage.

EDIT : When you get near the Siphon you get talking heads and a unique waypoint. But some places like Ceres are a pig to find it in.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Anora posted:

Can't you just shoot them with your amp?

Yeah, that works for me, maybe my teammates are just picking up the slack though.

I think someone had a corrogas build for the scourge? I'm interested in it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tylana posted:

EDIT : When you get near the Siphon you get talking heads and a unique waypoint. But some places like Ceres are a pig to find it in.
Ceres is a pig for kuva, most of the time the cloud is approaching through a wall so it's only actually visible for a second at best before it's harvested.

Some of the Corpus and Mars tiles aren't great either. Come to think of it, DE really need to work on the nodes where Kuva Siphons are allowed to spawn.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Phigs posted:

Yea you just need void damage. So amp, void dash, and void blast all work.

you can still pop them with your amp if you are using one of the conversion arcanes. i just tested with a viral damage amp.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they specifically made it so you can destroy it with your amp a while ago, i forget when. it wasn't super highly advertised so i think a lot of people might have glossed over it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Johnny Joestar posted:

they specifically made it so you can destroy it with your amp a while ago, i forget when. it wasn't super highly advertised so i think a lot of people might have glossed over it.

Ah jeeze, I'm lookin like a geezer here.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I Am Just a Box posted:

It's benign. Once it finishes growing (a little hair/tendril grows out of it), you can get rid of it one of two ways. One way is to explore the corners of your orbiter and see if something reacts. The more interesting way, if you have a working incubator, is to go to hatch a dog friend and see if your options have expanded.

Kinda gross, but at least I've gotten the thing removed. :barf:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Congrats that frame is now innoculated against ever getting it again. Only 39 more frames to go.

Definitely use it to make an infested dog eventually, you have all the time in the world to do so though so feel free to pop more cysts if you hate what they do to your fashion frame.

Pro move: leave one on a a few frames, for fashion.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

FunkyFjord posted:

Congrats that frame is now innoculated against ever getting it again. Only 39 more frames to go.

Definitely use it to make an infested dog eventually, you have all the time in the world to do so though so feel free to pop more cysts if you hate what they do to your fashion frame.

Pro move: leave one on a a few frames, for fashion.

Fashion Zit

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Ooh, I am really liking the Tysis I just made. Love be a dartgun, gets 100% status easy, and it's versatile. Corrosion gets 3 procs per shot, you can slap on radiation to kill Grineer faster, or Blast if you wanna murder Ancients. It's also a non-hitscan with lots of punchthrough so my girl Mag can turn it into a supergun.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I did a galaxy-brain level pro move and removed the cyst from Nidus

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I did a galaxy-brain level pro move and removed the cyst from Nidus

yeah gently caress keeping it, i'll consider that when they give it a customizable color channel and not before

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://twitter.com/Pocket_Villain/...warframe.com%2F

:psyboom:

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Stupid sexy Anyo...

Just busted my Trinity Prime outta the foundry! Help me help you, by telling me how to play her.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

press 2 for infinite energy
press 3 to not die
press 4 to not die^2

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

Stupid sexy Anyo...

Just busted my Trinity Prime outta the foundry! Help me help you, by telling me how to play her.

depending where you are your job is either to press 2 a lot, press 4 so stuff doesent die or do both. you can also press 3 for added survival but modded right its kind of silly to use i find. 1 would be nice for saryns but people keep shooting it to death so its a wasted effort usually.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

FunkyFjord posted:

Reminder that you don't really need to use miasma that much, hence my really low efficiency, but if things aren't dying to spore miasma will usually change that.

Miasma also functions as CC in a pinch, because enemies caught in it will flail around for a bit instead of killing you. I believe it's also dependent on ability duration as well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Press Miasma when your spores are dropping off, or when things arent dying fast enough, or when you feel like it unless SIMARIS is around.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Bug Squash posted:

My single corpro forma ESO/Dolon Trin statline is 226, 55, 226, 151, so basically pushing dur and range while keeping the str at its 150 cutoff point. Gives a 55m EV with ~40 energy per pulse (x4), a 30s 75%Dr 3 and a 23s 75% DR blessing. Drawback: 300 hp with basically no armor and just 450 shield.

Notable mods are Primed Cont, Blind Rage, Overextended and Narrow Minded plus basics Stretch/Augur Reach/Intensify. I also threw in a primed flow and Cunning drift in the exilus but those are probably "nice to haves", so you could throw in some survival/efficiency mods instead.

Playing her is basically just keeping your energy above your 2 cost, then regularly marking an enemy and then killing him instantly using the power of "gun" or "teammate". Use this endless energy to constantly keep up your 4 (and 3 if you feel like it) whenever they run out, or throw in a 4 when you see some teammate (hopefully in affinity range, which you can usually tell by the UI icons) dropping low. As a bonus the lines from the 3 quickly point out close targets for your next 2.

If you want to feel fancy you can follow your energy hungry frames around, watch their energy drain and do the 2-kill loop as close to them as possible or whenever they're not channeling (which usually blocks EV). Cast 2 on low hp mobs if you want to grab the energy fast, or tougher enemies when you want to stagger them and know your weapons can still take them down. Putting it on a manic or drone that goes invuln or flies out of your reach means you have to wait out the full duration to cast the next 2.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:28 on May 20, 2019

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Miasma's stun might be based on duration and certainly feels like it lasts a lot longer than any spore popping, I've definitely used it to stagger poo poo in order to have some breathing room. It's not on the level of cc powers but it's real handy in a pinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

RoadCrewWorker posted:

My single corpro forma ESO/Dolon Trin statline is 226, 55, 226, 151, so basically pushing dur and range while keeping the str at its 150 cutoff point. Gives a 55m EV with ~40 energy per pulse (x4), a 30s 75%Dr 3 and a 23s 75% DR blessing. Drawback: 300 hp with basically no armor and just 450 shield.

Notable mods are Primed Cont, Blind Rage, Overextended and Narrow Minded plus basics Stretch/Augur Reach/Intensify. I also threw in a primed flow and Cunning drift in the exilus but those are probably "nice to haves", so you could throw in some survival/efficiency mods instead.

Playing her is basically just keeping your energy above your 2 cost, then regularly marking an enemy and then killing him instantly using the power of "gun" or "teammate". Use this endless energy to constantly keep up your 4 (and 3 if you feel like it) whenever they run out, or throw in a 4 when you see some teammate (hopefully in affinity range, which you can usually tell by the UI icons) dropping low. As a bonus the lines from the 3 quickly point out close targets for your next 2.

If you want to feel fancy you can follow your energy hungry frames around, watch their energy drain and do the 2-kill loop as close to them as possible or whenever they're not channeling (which usually blocks EV). Cast 2 on low hp mobs if you want to grab the energy fast, or tougher enemies when you want to stagger them and know your weapons can still take them down. Putting it on a manic or drone that goes invuln or flies out of your reach means you have to wait out the full duration to cast the next 2.

One weird thing is that high duration negatively affects your '2' (energy siphon); you can only have 1 mob tagged with energy siphon + duration spreads the same total energy supplied over more time. The work-around is (as described above), to cast '2,' then kill that specific enemy. Killing it releases the future energy pulses all at once.

Another weird thing is that her '4' is not affected by range. Range is mostly used to make it easier to hit things with her '2,' and to a lesser extent, to hit more things with her '3.'

Her '1' is not particularly useful anymore. There used to be a trick where you cast '1,' then '2' @ low duration, but I think they nerfed that.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 20, 2019