Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1129829765983232000?s=19

have the Tories ever been not one if the top 2 parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Not in a general election, no

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
It's always been tory/whig, tory/liberal or tory/labour afaik

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

tarbrush posted:

I think perhaps not regret. I imagine most of them had dreams of some sort of desperate last stand for their careers that worked, and are now making their peace with the fact that it didn't.

I think they probably regret making fools of themselves but not the actual choice to leave politics. None of them ever had any chance of being Prime Minister any more and the possible futures of brexit Britain, comrade Corbyn, neoliberalism still not magically working etc wouldn't have incentivised them to stay.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Did the CUKs lose their seats or something? I thought you all aren't going to have another election for 4 years or something.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Captain Cappy posted:

Did the CUKs lose their seats or something? I thought you all aren't going to have another election for 4 years or something.

The EU election is in a few days, CUKs raison d'être was single issue Remainers but those voters broke to the Lib Dems. Because literally no CUK dared to even try to get elected on their own merits/party affiliation the CUK MPs do get to just steal seats in Parliament on a technicality until 2022. But after May steps down following her next failed withdrawal deal Johnson will win the tory leadership and enough tories hate him to not support him forming a government, so we're heading to a GE and every cuk will lose their seat there. I was wrong to describe them as leaving politics entirely but that is what they've done, in a year they'll all be earning multiple times the median UK salary to help privatise the NHS or some other evil poo poo.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

In terms of polling, they were behind the Liberals and Labour prior to the Falklands boost

They have always been the top 2 in terms of seats (and would be likely still be even if they came behind Brexit party because lol fptp)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Brexit is real it's something you can touch

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

tactile, tangible brexit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/GeorgeAylett/status/1130042783249719297
https://twitter.com/michaeljswalker/status/1130042000730939392

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's worth pointing out that May isn't stepping down after her vote fails for a 4th (5th) time like everyone has decided.
She will then begin the process of agreeing when to step down lol
How long could negotiations with May possibly take?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mayxit means mayxit

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Hentai Jihadist posted:

It's worth pointing out that May isn't stepping down after her vote fails for a 4th (5th) time like everyone has decided.
She will then begin the process of agreeing when to step down lol
How long could negotiations with May possibly take?

its quite impressive how intransigent shes being, especially since the previous PM just slid out of number 10 like a number 2 when he realised this was destined to be a trainwreck and shaft his friends in finance

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1130066561627250688

These useless knobs have always been passive vote losers but now they're actively telling people not to vote Labour. Get them the gently caress out.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Brexit - why not done?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
England - aside from London - leaving the UK and EU would admittedly solve most brexit problems.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
Can someone translate for me the pictographs on the bottom of that please?

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

One of them is Jim from the Office trapped behind the CUK logo.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Elevator Screamer posted:

Brexit - why not done?

:yossame:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the english can take wales with them too imo

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Cornwall for the Cornish

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/salisburylibdem/status/1130099323767799808

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

jesus WEP posted:

the english can take wales with them too imo

It's a distinction without difference to anybody outside the UK anyway.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

to us, the Welsh are the rabbit-eating longbow-men with a dragon flag and too many consonants

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I have to admit I’m getting pretty sick of Corbyn not ejecting these idiots from Labour. you will lose many seats keeping these people on. the press will look for them to say more like this to publish and trumpet loudly.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Nonsense posted:

I have to admit I’m getting pretty sick of Corbyn not ejecting these idiots from Labour. you will lose many seats keeping these people on. the press will look for them to say more like this to publish and trumpet loudly.

He's trying to maintain the delicate truce in the PLP - getting rid of Hodge (technically it's not up to him anyway, but, you know) would be a huge red flag to much of the party when things are already strained over Brexit.

Fortunately most of the useless fuckers seem intent on jumping ship and committing political suicide without the leadership needing to actually do anything, I wouldn't be surprised if Margaret Hodge was the next to go. She was probably thinking of defecting to the CUKs until she saw how badly they shat the bed.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cuxit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

isn't cuckxit the bit where your wife orders you to leave the room

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
So corbyn is trying to be big tent for both remainers and leavers?

Why? He seems kinda succ everyone now and then

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Former DILF posted:

Cornwall for the Cornish

I've been saying this all along!!!

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

isn't cuckxit the bit where your wife orders you to leave the room

I'm leaving coming!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Martin BadClixx posted:

He very much respects parliament which is very stupid but hey he's the compromise candidate over :thermidor:

Maximo Roboto posted:

to us, the Welsh are the rabbit-eating longbow-men with a dragon flag and too many consonants

My fav bits of history to read missives from is when the english are mortally terrified of the insanely dangerous and savage "Welshman"

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Martin BadClixx posted:

He's respecting the result of a referendum while trying to get the softest possible landing from leaving the EU, it's the only good and cool stance that exists.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1130229376728096768

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Martin BadClixx posted:

Corb's party members hate Brexit yet a lot of voters he needs outside of London voted for it. And for all the good it would do for as long as May stays in office his position could also be to eat all the Brexits himself.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

soooo her original deal?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

soooo her original deal?

cut into quarters this time , so it’s a whole new deal in the eyes of parliament

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

genericnick posted:

Corb's party members hate Brexit yet a lot of voters he needs outside of London voted for it.

It's also the right thing to do tho. The super principled guy didn't suddenly stop being super principled.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

soooo her original deal?

I think there's a few extra assurances protecting workers' rights from being destroyed, that will have some appeal to Labour. But they're going to be unacceptable to her own party, so pretty much the same situation as her original deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vitamin P posted:

It's also the right thing to do tho. The super principled guy didn't suddenly stop being super principled.

I will strongly disagree. Looking at how people have no idea what Brexit actually loving is and what it was supposed to do for the UK over the past three years, as well as clear outright criminal lies and (in my opinion) conspiracy to create a crisis in order to privatize the NHS and other public services, I think that for all parties involved that Brexit needs to be cancelled. This was an act of political malpractice by numerous elected officials and should be punished to the fullest extent in the court of law - admittedly, political malpractice isn't a crime. However, I think the drama around Brexit is reason enough to make it one.