Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
lol alonso ain't gettin in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
loving shameful performance by McLaren.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
5 of 6 in the Last Row Shootout are Chevy's
6 of 9 in the Fast Nine are Chevy's

That's quite the parity, seems like Chevy's are faster but if you gently caress up the consequences are harsher

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Honestly I think the parity between the two is so good that it really isn't the engine making the difference there. It's the teams themselves. ECR and Penske - ECR in particular - are loving masters at setting up speedway cars in qualifying trim. By comparison, the only reason that Honda is in the last row shootout is because the car it was in originally got wrecked, and that applies to three of the last-row Chevies.

Cygni posted:

My guess is that Hinch, Alonso, and Karam get in, and Chilton, O'Ward, and Kaiser miss.

I'd say Hinch, Alonso, and O'Ward are in, with Karam, Max, and Kaiser on the outside unless one of those first three utterly cocks up their run.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I listen to qualifying on the radio all day at work it was awesome except I couldn't drink.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KingShibby posted:

5 of 6 in the Last Row Shootout are Chevy's
6 of 9 in the Fast Nine are Chevy's

That's quite the parity, seems like Chevy's are faster but if you gently caress up the consequences are harsher

ECR and Penske good, Carlin not so good this year.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Just loving lol if Chevy doesn't have people who know what they're doing pouring over Alonso's car

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I doubt the problem is the motor.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The problem isn't the motor

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There's an analysis of the Chevy motor's fluids they just drained and checked over. Apparently it's extremely toxic and they've linked the contamination as coming from the ... cockpit???

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Fauxhawk Express posted:

it's not like McLaren knows what the gently caress they're doing anyway

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brazil-bolsonaro-petrobras-mclaren/4390826/

relevant to indy as there's petrobras sponsorship on alonso's car, lol. maximum lol.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is it too late for McLaren to replace Alonso with Munoz?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Nobody would do well in that car.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brazil-bolsonaro-petrobras-mclaren/4390826/

relevant to indy as there's petrobras sponsorship on alonso's car, lol. maximum lol.

It’s because Bolsonaro is a crazy man. Not like Petrobras isn’t somewhat corrupt, but it’s like if Trump had state-owned industries to control via Twitter fiat.

And it’s not the engine that’s wrong with Alonso’s car. It’s that he’s not with Andretti (or one of the other top teams) this time. And if memory serves, McLaren is partnered with Carlin, who have also struggled this month.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

BUMP DAY! BUMP DAY! BUMP DAY!

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Cygni posted:

The 6 cars left will fight for the 3 spots.

Chilton (full time), Hinch (full time), O'Ward (part time), Kaiser (one off), Karam (one off), and Alonso (one off)

drat. Only two (Chilton and Karam) that I'm ok with not making it.

I'm ok with Alonso as a person not making it, but he makes the race more interesting/noteworthy. And F1 fans might get a real bad taste for IndyCar if he fails to qualify. (If that happens, hopefully they blame him or the team instead of the series.)

Kaiser having all the bad luck of crashing after losing sponsors...you've really got to feel for him. And O'Ward being a star rookie who had problems getting signed to a team.

And Hinchcliffe - just... heck.

No matter what, Bump Day will yield pain.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Bentai posted:

This is going to be one of the most :suspense: bump days ever

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Bentai posted:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hello if im reading some twit right

today at 12:15 et will be the last chance for the three final positions, right? and at 1:15 the first nice places will be decided?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

weather may not be too good-don't be surprised if there isn't much action today

source: walking to track rn

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fauxhawk Express posted:

weather may not be too good-don't be surprised if there isn't much action today

source: walking to track rn

yeah albert fabrega posted that there is like 80% of rain today, so no racing? how they will decide the grid positions? alonso is out?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

They'll still do bumping for the last row sometime but the rest of the field will be locked where they are

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fauxhawk Express posted:

They'll still do bumping for the last row sometime but the rest of the field will be locked where they are

We did get two 230s this weekend though, which was sweet as poo poo.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Guys it is raining

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/IndyCaronNBC/status/1130151793877553152
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1130153694618628099

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I just hosed off back home because I've got Best of the Super Jrs to catch up on.

The Andretti exhibit at the museum was cool as poo poo though.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

disgraceful

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Robin Miller said earlier it was rumoured in the garage this morning about Mclaren trying to buy an ECR car, but it seems to be literal. I wonder was the question posed above taken as them trying to buy out their entries, which there is no hope in hell of

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/jimayello/status/1130112590363938816

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yes please. One guaranteed attempt, then timed the rest of the way.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

Robin Miller said earlier it was rumoured in the garage this morning about Mclaren trying to buy an ECR car, but it seems to be literal. I wonder was the question posed above taken as them trying to buy out their entries, which there is no hope in hell of

Hell, they should've worked with ECR all along if they weren't gonna do the full season.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I think the last row shootout would need more than an hour, depending on the number of entries. Just to get all six cars this year through a single run would take about 30 minutes, and if they all went again, that's your hour. I'd like to see enough time given so they can all get at least 3 runs.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 19, 2019

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Danica looks like she should be on a box of Lucky Charms with that outfit.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
danica patrick is loving useless

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

danica patrick is loving useless

She broke up with Stenhouse

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fernado alonso: im going to loving kill myself trying to enter this loving thing

danica patrick: hehehe maybe he wont be here next year hehehe

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Are they getting multiple attempts in the last row? I thought it was one and done.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
They’re saying one over the PA. I just hope they get rolling at 4:30 like they’re saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Hinch again going out first on a green track after a storm. Oof.