Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Right now the easiest CC flip is the Masters Datacron. 2,000cc converts to about 50-60 million guaranteed

This. As someone sitting at just under a billion credits nothing sells easier than the Master's Datacron and the unique sabers.

The bottom has fallen out of the armor market, companion gifts (used to be my bread and butter a steady 100m a week) as well. Crafting supplies are cutthroat and take too much energy so I don't bother.

If you don't want to spend CC's joining a Conquest guild that reliably completes the Large Conquest is an easy 5-10m a week per character if you flip the CMT's. CMT's are straight gold nowadays with how many are needed for 258 crafting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah I'm super lazy and still do augments as my primary source of income. I used to buy CMTs for 1.2 million, now I scoop them up at less than 2. Luckily Augment prices have gone up so a crit is still pure profit, but they don't sell like hotcakes like they used to.

It baffles me the people that are wasting their money on 258 gear. Unless you're doing nightmare Gods or maaaaaybe Ranked, save your drat credits for 6.0. If you absolutely must have 258, farm Ossus and get it for free.

It was funny when people were rushing to get 258 as fast as possible, running 5-6 alts through every weekly on Ossus, and there I am in my 248 still slaughtering them in warzones. Dumb dumb dumb.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Medullah posted:

Yeah I'm super lazy and still do augments as my primary source of income. I used to buy CMTs for 1.2 million, now I scoop them up at less than 2. Luckily Augment prices have gone up so a crit is still pure profit, but they don't sell like hotcakes like they used to.

It baffles me the people that are wasting their money on 258 gear. Unless you're doing nightmare Gods or maaaaaybe Ranked, save your drat credits for 6.0. If you absolutely must have 258, farm Ossus and get it for free.

It was funny when people were rushing to get 258 as fast as possible, running 5-6 alts through every weekly on Ossus, and there I am in my 248 still slaughtering them in warzones. Dumb dumb dumb.

Never underestimate the drive to have the highest level gear the fastest with some people whether they actually need it for the content they're doing or not.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm insanely jealous of the people that have grade 258 Enhancement schematics. They have to be printing money. But they earned it through Gods From the Machine nightmare

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Never underestimate the drive to have the highest level gear the fastest with some people whether they actually need it for the content they're doing or not.
Well if numbers don't go up in the least amount of time what's even the point of playing !!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

Sombrerotron posted:

Well if numbers don't go up in the least amount of time what's even the point of playing !!

The premise of the Looter-Shooter genre AND Capitalism summed up in two posts.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Thanks for the tip on the Master's Datacrons!

I had forgotten about the 36hr wait to post something and it's pretty anxiety-inducing. Looking forward to a cool $150M though :homebrew:

Medullah posted:

From now to September is a long-rear end wait so I kind of understand. Gotta scratch that itch.

Plus, I can only imagine what kind of money people are sitting on these days. I remember when cracking 100M was a huge deal and could afford you the majority of your endgame gear. Now apparently that won't cover a single piece, but I get the impression that the average endgame player is rich as hell.

Is there a comprehensive, current guide on endgame gearing/crafting one of you would recommend?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I just need to know how to make the most money and look like a space pimp, gear be damned

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

HebrewMagic posted:

I just need to know how to make the most money and look like a space pimp, gear be damned

I flipped cartel crates and carefully watched the auction house. I now have a wardrobe worthy of Sithendales.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Do black on black dyes still sell insanely well? I usually stock up on them when they (rarely) are 50% off the market.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
What's up with the random "you have reached a secluded area" on Rishi? I just started getting it today.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pryce posted:

Do black on black dyes still sell insanely well? I usually stock up on them when they (rarely) are 50% off the market.

They do, my biggest petty problem is that you can't really compare the price on the gtn because shift clicking the dye into the gtn search bar leads to all black dyes.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
My 90 day Amazon sub is going to expire in a few days, and I want to be ready for the transition to preferred status. This *is* KOTOR 3, and I plan to play through every class story over the next few years(I've only finished Smuggler & Jedi, and I'm halfway through Operative & Sorcerer). My cheap rear end has a few questions:

> If I use a referral code every 90 days or so, is my account completely back to subscriber status for all intents and purposes over those 7 days? Can I withdraw a few million credits from my legacy bank and do whatever with them? Can I make new characters of sub-only species, etc?

To use the current conversation as an example: Could I craft a bunch of stuff, use a referral link, put it up on the GTN for a few days and then stash all that cash in my legacy bank before the week is up?

> If I buy 3-4 Cargo Bays & Legacy Bays, will any of those become restricted once I drop to preferred?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yeah that sounds about right. Your inventories shouldn't lock up after the fact.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Brave New World posted:

My 90 day Amazon sub is going to expire in a few days, and I want to be ready for the transition to preferred status. This *is* KOTOR 3, and I plan to play through every class story over the next few years(I've only finished Smuggler & Jedi, and I'm halfway through Operative & Sorcerer). My cheap rear end has a few questions:

> If I use a referral code every 90 days or so, is my account completely back to subscriber status for all intents and purposes over those 7 days? Can I withdraw a few million credits from my legacy bank and do whatever with them? Can I make new characters of sub-only species, etc?

To use the current conversation as an example: Could I craft a bunch of stuff, use a referral link, put it up on the GTN for a few days and then stash all that cash in my legacy bank before the week is up?

> If I buy 3-4 Cargo Bays & Legacy Bays, will any of those become restricted once I drop to preferred?

You should be good with any unlocks you buy. Make sure all of your credits are in the legacy bay, and don't waste money on escrow transfers. Any purple gear you have, put on before you drop to preferred and you won't have to pay extra to wear it - don't waste cartel coins on Artifact Authorization, it's not worth it since you don't need purple gear for anything but Ranked PvP and Ops, and you can't do those as Preferred.

If you're on Star Forge and ever see something you want to buy but it's more than the Preferred cap, just let me know and we can arrange a time to do a few transfers (IE, something is 2 million you want, I buy it for you then you give me 8 transfers of 250,000 credits).

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Artifact Authorisation seems like the kind of QoL stuff that I'll just end up dropping some of the Amazon cash on out of sheer convenience TBH. Other than that and species unlocks there's not much else that interests me on the market.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I'm playing for the first time in quite a bit (currently a Sith Warrior starting Chapter 2), and remembering how much I enjoy the game. Leveling via story quests is rad. Choosing companion roles is rad. The classic BioWare talky bits still work for me, and lend the setting lots of flavor. Two gripes:

1. The absence of a WoW-style castsequence macro. There really are a ton of buttons, and many of them fill similar roles. When I use one damage-dealing cooldown ability I should have the option of making the button automatically cycle to the next damage-dealing cooldown.

2. I want to be a goddamn Mon Calamari. No, I need to be a Mon Calamari.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

2. I want to be a goddamn Mon Calamari. No, I need to be a Mon Calamari.

I want to be a Hutt Jugg, just to see what Force Charge and Blade Blitz look like.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

One thing that's important to remember is that just because you have a ton of moves, doesn't mean you have to use them all. Your full standard PvE rotation can fit on a single quickbar for every single class. There are situational abilities that you may use in more difficult content and PvP, but you won't need if you're just playing Story. For example, Marauders have a move called Crippling Slash - it does minimal damage, but slows the target. There's no situation where you'll need to use that ability unless you're in PvP.

"Ability bloat" is a hill I'll die on, because people complaining about too many moves and abilities led to the great ability pruning of 5.0 that took away my Merc's Rocket Punch and my Sniper's Shiv, both moves I enjoyed the look of despite them not being "Optimal" for a rotation.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I mean, any variety would be good for the two most visually boring classes in the game. Shoot missiles or fire your sniper rifle. Sometimes your rocket/blaster shot has a different color/impact effect! Wow!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

I mean, any variety would be good for the two most visually boring classes in the game. Shoot missiles or fire your sniper rifle. Sometimes your rocket/blaster shot has a different color/impact effect! Wow!

Perhaps certain changes could be made to some of merc’s more commonly used abilities

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Perhaps certain changes could be made to some of merc’s more commonly used abilities

I'm going to throw a shoe at you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fuzz posted:

Eh, I main an operative. I stab people with knives. I also shoot darts at them.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I mained a powertech for a long rear end time. I am a walking artillery platform. I gotta your missiles, your lasers, flamethrowers and shoryukens and pistols.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
I just rolled a babby Sage, and I'm planning to go Telekinetics. Is there any argument to be made for Balance? I'm definitely not planning to go heals.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Brave New World posted:

I just rolled a babby Sage, and I'm planning to go Telekinetics. Is there any argument to be made for Balance? I'm definitely not planning to go heals.

Balance is better sustained DPS. I vastly prefer it to Lightning/TK.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
except for ptech/van, DOT specs always feel really bad while leveling

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Madness/Balance isn't too bad. You get Death Field early which is a heavy hitter, and also get DoT spread early on.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Dot specs feel really poo poo on everything but dungeon/raid bosses or really big trash pulls because otherwise poo poo dies so quick you dont get to feel the bigger damage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Honestly my best advice is to learn all specs and get field respec. I despise Marksmanship sniper, but there are some raid fights where it's the best. Arsenal Merc is another spec I can't stand, but it's kind poo poo in PvP.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

I'm going to throw a shoe at you.

He was going to suggest Heatseeker Missiles get an animation change. Which one were YOOOOOUUUUUUU thinking of? :smug:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

He was going to suggest Heatseeker Missiles get an animation change. Which one were YOOOOOUUUUUUU thinking of? :smug:

It’s like he couldn’t even detect a trace of irony. :haw:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I'm tempted to come back to this after a very long break away - what class do people feel fits the current content most thematically? I stopped playing around the launch of the first Zakuul stuff. It def felt like a Jedi or Sith class was the best fit, but what class story fits the campaign the best?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Honestly, I'd choose whichever class just appeals the most to you in general. Every class ends up murdering a whole lot of Jedi and/or Sith throughout the "old" content and becoming top dog in their line of work, so I never felt it was that much of a stretch for a non-Force sensitive to go through the later expansions. Yeah, lore-wise a Jedi or Sith makes more sense, but within the context of the game it's all pretty relative.

EDIT: I will say that the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler aren't very obvious choices for the newer content, because they never really have or develop a clear motivation to serve a greater good or seek great political/military power in their class storylines.

Sombrerotron fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 23, 2019

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Knight and warrior make the most sense, followed by the other force using classes, because it’s an extremely The Force story and they clearly weren’t thinking too hard about the other classes at all. But that said, I’d agree that it’s more important to pick a class that’s fun, because you’re going to be playing it for dozens of hours and it’s better to pick one you like and then just kind of squint at the story than to hamstring your enjoyment of the game for narrative purposes.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I did Knight originally, I think. So I'll probably pick Warrior this time and carry on into the expanded content.

Edit: Do people still actively play and if so, is there a guild EU side? I've got all my stuff on one server, so.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 24, 2019

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I'm playing on Malgus, no guild though.

Is it just me or is Ziost's quest triggering wrong? Why do I have to go to space all the time? Why won't the taxis trigger the next part of the story quest? Why do they even exist?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Oh yeah, if you care about returning companions, I think that troopers and bounty hunters have recovered their full rosters at least.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Siegkrow posted:

Oh yeah, if you care about returning companions, I think that troopers and bounty hunters have recovered their full rosters at least.

Everyone's got their full rosters back now except for Knights, Consulars, and Troopers.

For Troopers, Tanno Vik pops up in the main story and presumably dies, but it's never confirmed on screen. He probably won't ever return because his voice actor died.

Knights are still missing Kira and Scourge.

Consulars are missing Theran and Zenith.

Just note that some returning companions are now class-specific. Jaesa only turns up on Ossus for Warriors alone, for example, while only Smugglers get an alliance alert that leads to getting Risha and Corso back.

In an odd one, Smugglers and Bounty Hunters get Mako and Akaavi as a package deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Arquinsiel posted:

I'm playing on Malgus, no guild though.

Is it just me or is Ziost's quest triggering wrong? Why do I have to go to space all the time? Why won't the taxis trigger the next part of the story quest? Why do they even exist?

It's sort of a spoiler to answer that question, but you'll know why the game needs you off the planet if you keep playing.