Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Part of this is because the radio broadcast has been occurring over literal months. But I have no idea what Donkey Kong is preaching anymore, all I know is that I think he's wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brought To You By posted:

Part of this is because the radio broadcast has been occurring over literal months. But I have no idea what Donkey Kong is preaching anymore, all I know is that I think he's wrong.

The one update a week + general slow pace of the comic is going to drag this chapter out for years. Not that I'm against it, Zack clearly was hurting themselves trying to do 2-3 a week for years and it'll be a good read after a few weeks to let itself flesh out but yeah right now I have no idea why we're getting this.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The one update a week + general slow pace of the comic is going to drag this chapter out for years. Not that I'm against it, Zack clearly was hurting themselves trying to do 2-3 a week for years and it'll be a good read after a few weeks to let itself flesh out but yeah right now I have no idea why we're getting this.

I’m guessing there’s an actual conspiracy in town that conspiracy kid will discover and this is the introductory/world building phase of his arc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

readingatwork posted:

I’m guessing there’s an actual conspiracy in town that conspiracy kid will discover and this is the introductory/world building phase of his arc.

In a surprise twist, the entire comic was a setup to bringing Broodhollow into scene.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

RareAcumen posted:

In a surprise twist, the entire comic was a setup to bringing Broodhollow into scene.
The real twist is that Kris Straub isn't redrawing the start of Broodhollow again, he's making Zack do it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
boy i sure hope stephen gets diagnosed

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

readingatwork posted:

Likely. And as interesting as this all is I haft wonder if conspiracy kid needs an arc. We have so many existing plot threads, and a huge cast already. But oh well, this is not a new complaint.

And I am still not sure if the Prof here is an actual Bigfoot, or a guy in a costume, or just a represenation of his radio name

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I mean I feel like conspiracy kid's arc is him getting vampired. He definitely seems to have the interest of Red who is probably a vampire.

So not a new tangle just furthering the existing Jhonny gang gets involved arc. Which is probably a good move to simplify things honestly.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean I feel like conspiracy kid's arc is him getting vampired. He definitely seems to have the interest of Red who is probably a vampire.

So not a new tangle just furthering the existing Jhonny gang gets involved arc. Which is probably a good move to simplify things honestly.

The Jhonny gang becoming a parallel "kids with powers" group to the Activity Club would be a pretty good twist.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You can't tell me Johnny wouldn't make an excellent Red Psycho Ranger.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Drunk Theory posted:

Likely. And as interesting as this all is I haft wonder if conspiracy kid needs an arc. We have so many existing plot threads, and a huge cast already. But oh well, this is not a new complaint.

And I am still not sure if the Prof here is an actual Bigfoot, or a guy in a costume, or just a represenation of his radio name
I think it’s showing the hosts as they really are, instead of the branding.

Mothman is unshaven, disheveled, and his “antenna” are broken. The reveal here is that Bigfoot is...actually a Bigfoot. He’s very likely a Medium with some kind of Sasquatch spirit (remember that Mediums slowly take on their spirit’s appearance). Bigfoot can’t be a spirit, since Stephen has been shown to NOT be a Spectral, and therefore would be incapable of hearing him. Also it means the radio show would have been one Mothman talking to himself for most of the airtime.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

he never emotes and his mouth never moves in a comic where everyone is a rubber-faced goofball 100% of the time, so I'm guessing mask

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mask and gloves

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he never emotes and his mouth never moves in a comic where everyone is a rubber-faced goofball 100% of the time, so I'm guessing mask

He also speaks in a printed font instead of drawn letters, so I'm guessing robot that looks like a bigfoot.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zerilan posted:

He also speaks in a printed font instead of drawn letters, so I'm guessing robot that looks like a bigfoot.

robot being piloted by a bigfoot

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's got two jobs and just does the radio one wearing his cryptid mascot suit.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The Bigfoot in the poster with cleaned up mothman has a tag on his "mask". The real one does not.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I forgot about Henry....

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

flatluigi posted:

I forgot about Henry....

Yeah, me too, it's from the start of the chapter.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-6-page-4

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I see that blush

alt text: why find cryptids when they can find each other

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah, me too, it's from the start of the chapter.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-6-page-4

Henry's also a reference to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I love that video but apparently the guy who made it hates it now. Both because the memes have overtaken all the actual work and content, and because he made it when he was in a really dark place, so people telling him to make more don't really understand what they're asking for. He's all but abandoned his main channel just to get away from people.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ThaumPenguin posted:

Henry's also a reference to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A

Jfc that's the most :goonsay: thing I've ever seen

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I love that video but apparently the guy who made it hates it now. Both because the memes have overtaken all the actual work and content, and because he made it when he was in a really dark place, so people telling him to make more don't really understand what they're asking for. He's all but abandoned his main channel just to get away from people.

That's a shame but it's good to hear he's in a better spot overtall

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Capfalcon posted:

I'm game for the rest of the chapter being a Mothman x Bigfoot romantic comedy, and I'm glad Zach seems to agree.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Y'know, Zach gets like 1800/month, I wonder if they've considered hiring an artist to finish their sketches or just completely go from their scripts. Nobody wants them to hurt themself, and by the sound of things they maybe shouldn't even be doing 1 a week.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

have you considered that ultimately they like to make the comic

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

My understanding from reading his faq about it is that while he doesn't like the memes, they don't really have any effect on his decision not to make more. Mostly it comes from a place of "I basically ruined my life for a month to make that video, and if I'm going to put effort into a video I'm not willing to make an inferior product to my last one, so the next one will ruin my life even worse." the videos he makes on his alternate channel are essentially the bare minimum effort he can possibly put in: they're there to archive the processes and tricks that he performs, not entertain viewers like his main channel videos. His mindset now is basically "I do not care if people enjoy my videos, because as soon as I start caring again I go right back into the mindset that ruined me when I made that last video."

It's sad, but making videos for entertainment just doesn't sound like something he ever really enjoyed at all, so I'm glad that he's making a healthy choice for himself.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Update. I wonder what fart dog's deal is with that person in a Codey's Dad costume?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't know who this fortune teller lady is but I love her already.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm really enjoy that is basically Stephen's adventures or. .well what the daily life of his is. Going to a fortune teller find out where the owners of the dog are. haha.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

neogeo0823 posted:

Update. I wonder what fart dog's deal is with that person in a Codey's Dad costume?

Cody's dad is the guy who bought the mini-mall. I love the fact Stephen got the vampire part right in one go :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

neogeo0823 posted:

Nobody likes creepy costume mascots.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

there is no way you can tell me that davy isn't in the davy costume and have me believe it

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-6-page-22 I'm pretty sure this is how you get evil homicidal AIs to commit suicide

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's because idiot kids never have money

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well yeah.. what you expect him to work for the man?

PSSH.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im the extremely hosed-up skull in the first panel

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Okay, I like Crystal.

I assume she's named Crystal because her shop's name is Crystal Clearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003