Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
From Rocky 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Of course, JRRM is a huge Rocky fan.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
That was Drago, Drogo was Frodo's dad

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

From Rocky 4?

My inner venture brother lit up on this, bravo sir.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

this last dragon is dead for sure right

They’re gonna go the whole “a dragon is too much power for one person” and Jon will kill it if Bran doesn’t warg it into a wall

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

So what happened to all those bran is the night king theories lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

this last dragon is dead for sure right

They’re gonna go the whole “a dragon is too much power for one person” and Jon will kill it if Bran doesn’t warg it into a wall

Do they have a really big glass window?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

So what happened to all those bran is the night king theories lmao

I think he’ll have a significant role in this episode

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

If he turns into the night king and shanks dany through her dragon that would own so hard

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So...Rocky V, plus Rocky II, equals Rocky VII: Dany'sRevenge!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Wet fart

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Who was it that called Jon killing Dany and having to take the black because lol bravo dude

Edit: at least he pet the dog this time

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Internet Wizard posted:

Who was it that called Jon killing Dany and having to take the black because lol bravo dude

So who is the throne person now

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

So who is the throne person now

Bran, the King of Sitting

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Satisfying ending despite the lackluster preceding episodes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It was...okay?

I mean it didn't live up to anybody's expectations but I think it was a good enough ending. Sure do wish they didn't cut the episode count down because they wanted to gently caress off and write the new Star Wars trilogy that they got. Another two hours or so would have done wonders.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Internet Wizard posted:

Bran, the King of Sitting

Lol isn't that the kid who got thrown out the window in episode 1 because he caught cersei brotherfucking?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Another season would've been a tremendous asset. On paper, the plot points were all fine; it was the hurried pace and checkbox-like progress getting there that was a serious hamper on the show. Despite the obvious weaknesses, I thought the ending closed out the Stark storylines well and overall addressed Dany's desire of a new world in an alright fashion.

Glad to see Tormund and Ghost.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I have no words.

I believe the most appropriate analogue is "A River Runs Through It".

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Can't wait to watch Arya's spinoff where she travels the world. It'll be like Rick Steves but with murder.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bron being master of coin and brothels is fitting.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Flikken posted:

Bron being master of coin and brothels is fitting.

Bron prioritizing the building of new brothels is extra fitting.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
also lol not a single line of dialogue paid to the dothraki. the horse fuckers get nothing for their troubles

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

"Oh sorry Jon back to the wall with ye"

It felt like a Monty Python sketch.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Podrick being a celibate kings guard is a waste

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bran should give him a pass, since he can't do any loving himself just let Pod do enough for the both of them.

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
The episode was better than I expected. I still think this season was way to rushed, and much more could have been done to flesh out Dany's story line.

At least Jon finally pet Ghost. Good job, Jon. You should have done that an episode ago.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pod probably has like four kids on the way at the very least. Can’t put the dick genie back in the bottle.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Flikken posted:

Podrick being a celibate kings guard is a waste

Since when have the kings guards ever actually been celibate?

Also I read the ending as Jon not taking the black so much as just going north forever with Tormond. I think Jon had already thought to do that when he told Tyrion he'd probably never see him again.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Podrick going back to Tyrion and Bronn with the money remains one of the best loving scenes of the entire run.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
more importantly, tomorrow is episode 3 of chernobyl

spicy rocks

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
That episode could have ended a hour early with Grey Worm murdering the gently caress out of Jon the second he found out what Jon did. Would have made more sense too.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Since when have the kings guards ever actually been celibate?

Pretty sure they had to give up the same stuff as the nightswatch. Titles, wives, etc.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Well sure, but the show has shown the kings guards boning whores left and right anyway.

Its a shame Pod won't get a wife if the old Kingsguard rules still stand.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Can't wait for next season when Arya lands in Even Westeros.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Why in the gently caress would they need a nightswatch anymore. The dead are dead and the northmen have no need to raid anymore and the wall is broken anyways.

Well we can't figure out just what the gently caress to do so we will make the worst possible person king and have the dude that should be king an outcast because we have to pacify these dudes who are loving leaving anyways.

:wtc:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

M_Gargantua posted:

Well sure, but the show has shown the kings guards boning whores left and right anyway.

Its a shame Pod won't get a wife if the old Kingsguard rules still stand.

Pod settling down would be a crime for all the westerosi women

Also Bran, you don’t need a master of whisperers lol.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ded posted:

Why in the gently caress would they need a nightswatch anymore. The dead are dead and the northmen have no need to raid anymore and the wall is broken anyways.

Well we can't figure out just what the gently caress to do so we will make the worst possible person king and have the dude that should be king an outcast because we have to pacify these dudes who are loving leaving anyways.

:wtc:

They faked it. Unsullied were tricked into thinking the Night’s Watch was still a thing.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Also, LOL at the Starks seizing control of all of Westeros and the Wild Lands through deception, betrayal, and murder. The most vicious always come out on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Pod settling down would be a crime for all the westerosi women

Also Bran, you don’t need a master of whisperers lol.

Bran wants someone he can tell "no you're wrong" every Small Council meeting.