Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

I came to that realization too thinking about it. Bran is the ultimate villain of Game of Thrones and he loving won. Dany wouldn't have gone crazy if she didn't know Jon was her nephew and who was the one who insisted Jon be told? Bran.

Bran also told Sansa, who then told Tyrion, who then told Varys, who then told everyone, leading to Dany's sanity slipping to the point where she turned into a villain and killed everyone and told the entire world she was going to kill everyone else too so that Jon could kill her and then become ineligible for the throne himself leading to Bran being chosen as king instead.

And Bran saw all of this happen and engineered it to go the way he needed it to get him on the throne.

Brandon Stark is the biggest monster in the history of Westeros and he now controls the entire continent, save the North, which is loyal to him by default because his sister runs it and she'll defer to him when push comes to shove.

The Night King was the hero we deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

bran time travelled to make sure he would climb up to that window and get pushed out to start the war of the five kings.

he played us like a drat fiddle.

Littlefinger was wrong. Chaos isn't a ladder...

It's a ramp.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

VegasGoat posted:

What happened to Arya's horse? Why did she suddenly want to be an explorer?

Because a stable continent run by your siblings is a boring place to be an anime assassin?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

VegasGoat posted:

What happened to Arya's horse? Why did she suddenly want to be an explorer?

she's going to go get griff and young griff to topple bran

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

Littlefinger was wrong. Chaos isn't a ladder...

It's a ramp.

bran's final chapter is going to be lit

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

sansa being Queen in the North is good

I'm sure the other 6 kingdoms and all the bannered lords will be cool with the North being the only independent nation forever

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
At long last it is over. Jon Snow "gently caress this I'm going to Canada beyond the wall" True Ending Unlocked.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The costumes used to be so good in this show.

Sansa's outfit at the end of the episode was top notch.

Unlike her throne :laugh:

that was quick, print the "jon stabs dany" avatars

Make it the new Stupid Newbie av.

so jon is now back in the nights watch who have a broken wall and no enemies to protect the realm from

bran is king and it's actually good he can;t have children even though they never explain how he's gona be succeded

It looks like Jon's going to actually make the rare Correct Choice and go with the Wildlings to explore the far north. I imagine he got to Castle Black and basically decided "hey so I'm gonna go.. uh.. range the north... for as long as I want to. I'm taking Tormund and his people too. Peace." Meanwhile I guess the Night's Watch is only going to keep an eye out for Wildling raids at most from now on? And those probably won't happen as much, if at all, in the immediate future because most of them are still reeling from the whole "not murdered and raised as a wight, also the single most dangerous thing beyond the wall is now gone" thing.

Tyrion says that future kings will be selected there at the dragon pit via the lords and ladies of the realm. It was a bit after the lords laughed down Tarly's suggestion of a Democracy.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Evil Fluffy posted:

It looks like Jon's going to actually make the rare Correct Choice and go with the Wildlings to explore the far north. I imagine he got to Castle Black and basically decided "hey so I'm gonna go.. uh.. range the north... for as long as I want to. I'm taking Tormund and his people too. Peace." Meanwhile I guess the Night's Watch is only going to keep an eye out for Wildling raids at most from now on? And those probably won't happen as much, if at all, in the immediate future because most of them are still reeling from the whole "not murdered and raised as a wight, also the single most dangerous thing beyond the wall is now gone" thing.

Tyrion says that future kings will be selected there at the dragon pit via the lords and ladies of the realm. It was a bit after the lords laughed down Tarly's suggestion of a Democracy.

im glad jon ended up becoming lord commander beyond the wall.

i think i was too shocked at seeing sweetrobin to hear the elective monarchy thing but I guess nobody is safe from the allure of the HRE

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I knew there was going to be some significance about the 1000th commander of the night's watch, but lmao

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
"The American Tolkien"

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
if HBO starts struggling in the next few years they're probably going to do a prequel season or just continue the story and that is the hellworld I want

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm the half a million Dornish citizens going "who the gently caress is Bran?"

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
king bran

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
They really thought they were being clever teasing (twice, I think?) that Bran had planned everything.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

So is Bran just going to rule via ominous predictions and metaphors?

I could think of worse kings.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

YaketySass posted:

They really thought they were being clever teasing (twice, I think?) that Bran had planned everything.

unironically if bran is actually meant to be a villain everything is redeemed for the sheer cheek of it

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Malpais Legate posted:

So is Bran just going to rule via ominous predictions and metaphors?

I could think of worse kings.

He's from a family whose motto is "Winter Is Coming".

unironically if bran is actually meant to be a villain everything is redeemed for the sheer cheek of it

Meh, compared to the slugfest that was "oh Dany's bad now" that was a real lack of commitment.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sweet Robin looked awesome. I wish I could dress like an rear end in a top hat.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I wish they wrapped up dany in like 10 minutes and then just had an hour and a half of small council meeting. West Wing with Bronn.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Between you and me I think jon is gonna make a few heirs if you know what I mean.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol I hated all of this and all of you for decades

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

if HBO starts struggling in the next few years they're probably going to do a prequel season or just continue the story and that is the hellworld I want

I would 100% bet on Arya's new world adventures becoming a thing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/19/more-stuff-more-nonsense/

did anyone post the latest wildcards update yet

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So glad Sansa became Queen

of the Vale after marrying Harry the Heir

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Shageletic posted:

:same:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Shoutout to everyone who commented on Jon not petting his dog.

SUBVERTED

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
what if bran warged into stannis to make him burn shireen

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

bran warged into jaime to push himself out the window

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

in the end, the real treasure was the bad threads we made on the way

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
Why did Ghost lose another half of his ear?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

JumpinJackFlash posted:

Why did Ghost lose another half of his ear?

vigorous pets from tormund

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Shageletic posted:

in the end, the real treasure was the bad threads we made on the way

the bad thread will live on

every second that the absolute fucker draws breath is a second that can be spent cursing his name

we'll never be free

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

sequel series: Edmure finds Tristifer IV's ancient warhammer and sets off on an epic quest to become King of the Rivers and Hills

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope GRRM drops dead of a rage stroke watching this.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I'm glad we saw Brutus getting owned one last time.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Well at least they finally tied up that plot line involving Targaryen heirs to the throne surrounded by fiercely loyal followers.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Shoutout to everyone who commented on Jon not petting his dog.

SUBVERTED

Edmure Tully survived three seasons of not being on screen to get shutdown in 10 seconds by Sansa and most people probably didn’t even remember who he was.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

Edmure Tully survived three seasons of not being on screen to get shutdown in 10 seconds by Sansa and most people probably didn’t even remember who he was.

We expected nothing less from house Tully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Shrapnig posted:

literally one of the two people to survive the red wedding and years of captivity just to be made into a gag in the last episode.