Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

the_american_dream posted:

Would you start Marco Gonzales or max fried tonight. Leaning Fried but the brewers scare me

Just traded for Fried and starting him. Ride or die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Braves are one of the best orgs at developing pitchers. Developing prospects in general really. Schuerholz is in the HOF for a reason.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dammit Max sucks *punches wall

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Yordan Alvarez is hitting .410 with a 1.4 OPS and 17 homers in 36 games

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh hey the Rays finally put Jose Alvarado in a save situation!

I would be mad if it wasn't the Yankees.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bregor posted:

Just traded for Fried and starting him. Ride or die

Glad it worked out for us 😁

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Tyler Mahle pitches in a hitter's park in a tough division but I really like what Ive seen from him

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Tyler Mahle pitches in a hitter's park in a tough division but I really like what Ive seen from him

Yeah he's not too shabby.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
You ever get a trade offer that's so bizarre that you think there must be a catch? I was just offered Rendon and Yadi for Senzel and Yordan Alvarez, who I had stashed a while back. This isn't dynasty or anything, so that's a mash, right? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anthony Rendon is very good and should be acquired for those two players.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Josh. loving. Bell. What a waivers pickup.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chief McHeath posted:

Josh. loving. Bell. What a waivers pickup.

Am I wrong or did he used to have a historic ground ball percentage?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
thanks to my opponent for streaming Leblanc tonight. 4 HR in 2.1 innings. :thumbsup:

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

Rand alPaul posted:

Am I wrong or did he used to have a historic ground ball percentage?

Before this year, his GB% was around 48-51 each season. He's dropped that to 39% this season.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Tim Beckham is ice cold and losing playing time. Anyone have opinions on him? My only other 3B is Astudillo, who's been cold himself since coming off the IL, but there are guys I want on the wire. Safe to drop?

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 19, 2019

Bregor
May 31, 2013

The Pussy Boss posted:

Tim Beckham is ice cold and losing playing time. Anyone have opinions on him? My only other 3B is Astudillo, who's been cold himself since coming off the IL, but there are guys I want on the wire. Safe to drop?

Yeah, cut and run.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Heck yes Biebs

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Gobias Ind. posted:

Heck yes Biebs

Got Bieber for Eloy about a month ago. I belieb

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I expect Leclerc to be closing again for Texas soon. since getting demoted from that position, he has 6 appearances and has thrown 8 innings with 1 hit allowed, 4 walks given up, 15 strikeouts, and only allowing one total (earned) run

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Very much a fan of the Bieb.

Also is Astudillo or Chirinos worth putting at catcher the rest of the season? I'm playing catcher carousel in so many leagues I don't even know who is worth what anymore.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Holy poo poo the Biebs single handedly brought me back within a Kyle Hendricks quality start of winning my points league matchup that I thought was for sure out of reach.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Congratulations I say as my opponent is walking down my score because the nationals aren’t touching Hendricks

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Every year there's pitchers who all the writers/bloggers say are going to be good, even though they've always been mediocre or bad, and they end up being bad. Guys like Jon Gray, Jeff Samardzija, Jason Hammel, This year it's Tyler Skaggs.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Schweinhund posted:

Every year there's pitchers who all the writers/bloggers say are going to be good, even though they've always been mediocre or bad, and they end up being bad. Guys like Jon Gray, Jeff Samardzija, Jason Hammel, This year it's Tyler Skaggs.

Nick loving Pivetta

Eh who am I kidding, I’ll sign him when he gets called back up.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Nick Pivetta kicked so much rear end for like two months

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Schweinhund posted:

Just like guys like Matt Cain outpitched his peripherals for years for reasons that weren't evident at the time because we didn't have the tools, these dudes have a fatal "suck poo poo" gene that makes them drastically underperform their peripherals. Maybe one day we will figure it out.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

Just like guys like Matt Cain outpitched his peripherals for years for reasons that weren't evident at the time because we didn't have the tools, these dudes have a fatal "suck poo poo" gene that makes them drastically underperform their peripherals. Maybe one day we will figure it out.

Chris Archer fooled me once, shame on him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

I expect Leclerc to be closing again for Texas soon. since getting demoted from that position, he has 6 appearances and has thrown 8 innings with 1 hit allowed, 4 walks given up, 15 strikeouts, and only allowing one total (earned) run

So, how close is Leclerc to returning to the ninth inning?

“He’s real close,” manager Chris Woodward said.

Yes. Yes Jose. come back and justify the way-too-loving-high draft price I paid for you in 4 leagues. please.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Is Michael Chavis this good or is Edwin Jackson just this bad?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What was Matt Cain’s deal again? Something about too many fly’s that would’ve home runs at other parks?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

do you guys believe in Buxton?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

do you guys believe in Buxton?

Always

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Real answer: unless the Twins move him out of the nine-spot he's probably not a top-100 player. But if you're asking if his results this season are real, then yes, it seems like he finally started figuring things out. Maybe 20 dingers on the high end depending on what the summer air does to his fly balls.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmm thank you.

I got offered him for Yordan Alvarez in a keeper league. Only problem is, i probably don't have the room to keep Buxton while i might be able to sneak Alvarez through as an NA keeper if he gets kept down long enough. Still though, if people believe in what Buxton's doing, i should probably take it...?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
STL and KC are postponed. Bench Adalberto Mondesi for someone else.

Also Buxton is a great steals/power guy, I hope they move him up to like 6th or 7th.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Also is Astudillo or Chirinos worth putting at catcher the rest of the season? I'm playing catcher carousel in so many leagues I don't even know who is worth what anymore.

I really want A-Stud to be awesome but so far... he hasn't. Like I'm not expecting a ton of power but a few 3-hit days would be nice. It's probably safe to move on for now, in redraft... I'll be watching him though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
For the love of GOD PUT KHRIS DAVIS ON THE IL

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Positional eligibility not being a factor at the moment, is Gio Urshela a better backup infielder option than Asdrubal Cabrera?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Robles was curiously dropped. Any reason I shouldn’t be snatching him? I have priority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Monday_ posted:

Positional eligibility not being a factor at the moment, is Gio Urshela a better backup infielder option than Asdrubal Cabrera?

Personally asscab for home park and multi eligibility