Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
that loving sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7047879/Grieving-Game-Thrones-fans-pay-40-hour-speak-counsellor-shows-ending.html

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

finally

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I like the strong implication that Bran already doesn't give a poo poo about being king and is just gonna spend all day warged into the dragon carrying Dany's skeleton around

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

Or more likely your watching 240p streamed crap and cant recognize faces

goons are notoriously face blind

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

well chernobyl also has tits---wait a minute

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Also uh why did Brienne immediately shut the book after writing down Jaime's deeds? The ink wasn't dry. gently caress this show!

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 20, 2019

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SplitSoul posted:

Guess that Alabama law was a futile attempt to save this show.

At the Birmingham march to protest that law today there were numerous signs praising Daenerys.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Reminder:

Chernobyl extremely loving owns

and

Good Omens drops on Amazon on May 31st

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I like how the North is allowed to be independent and the rest of the kingdoms don't immediately break away too.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Away all Goats posted:

I like how the North is allowed to be independent and the rest of the kingdoms don't immediately break away too.

At this point I would literally rather watch multiple seasons of your avatar than a GoT spinoff

(I would rather watch multiple seasons of that than most other things, to be fair)

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

romanowski posted:

goons are notoriously face blind

like just to be clear somebody in the twin peaks thread thought that these were the same person:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bombadilillo posted:

No ending stinger. Lame

oh that was after the credits. something in the fog moves and you see long platinum hair but the figure turns around staring into the camera as it zooms in, its drogon in a dany wig, cut to black

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Away all Goats posted:

The writers pretend that Westeros is this set of seven tiny kingdoms and only the main characters matter, which is also why Bronn is arbitrarily given The Reach, an incredibly powerful kingdom where most of the crops, fertile land, and population are, like it's no big deal.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The writers pretend that Westeros is this set of seven tiny kingdoms and only the main characters matter, which is also why Bronn is arbitrarily given The Reach, an incredibly powerful kingdom where most of the crops, fertile land, and population are, like it's no big deal.

nah they all died

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Tyron’s stupid speech about how the most powerful thing in the world is a Good Story followed by Sam plopping down ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ were too much for me to handle

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yup, I'm super hype for Good Omens and I can't wait to see it. Looks so drat great.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Them bringing back Ser Not Appearing Since Season 4 to try to make a speech and immediately getting told to shut the gently caress up and sit down was *chef's kiss*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just gonna bequeath huge tracts of farm land and undocumented lands to people with positions equal to mine in exchange for literally nothing and bend the knee despite there being no incentive to do so.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Victis posted:

Tyron’s stupid speech about how the most powerful thing in the world is a Good Story followed by Sam plopping down ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ were too much for me to handle

Same being made Grand Maester for absolutely no reason was great too. Also everyone saying "Jon's going back to the Night's Watch" and nobody being like "uhhh we killed the ice zombies already" was great. So he just fucks off to live with the wildlings?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Just gonna bequeath huge tracts of farm land and undocumented lands to people with positions equal to mine in exchange for literally nothing and bend the knee despite there being no incentive to do so.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Victis posted:

Hahaha... literal trash

NO THEMES! NO SUBTEXT! WE WILL NOT MAKE A SATISFYING NARRATIVE AGAIN!

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
My favorite part was how they're like "Jon has to be exiled because the Unsullied say so" and then the Unsullied just leave but Jon goes to the wall anyway because they really just went with the first thing they thought of when trying to hamfist their desired ending.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Reminder:

Chernobyl extremely loving owns

and

Good Omens drops on Amazon on May 31st

Also Deadwood movie the same day, why the heck am I telling you that?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Everyone: we serve you, King Bran

Bran: did someone say dragon, uhh you guys do whatever

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Edmure Tully showing up out of nowhere reminds me that Brienne writing "Took Riverrun back from the Tully rebels without loss of life" is either total bullshit or the writers forgot that The Blackfish got killed by Lannister soldiers.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Also uh why did Brienne immediately shut the book after writing down Jaime's deeds? The ink wasn't dry. gently caress this show!

Awful lot of adoration she seemed to display, for a sisterfucking baby murderer.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

K8.0 posted:

My favorite part was how they're like "Jon has to be exiled because the Unsullied say so" and then the Unsullied just leave but Jon goes to the wall anyway because they really just went with the first thing they thought of when trying to hamfist their desired ending.

Sansa: I'm absolutely devastated that you are being exiled to this castle that's like a 20 minute horse ride from my castle. Uhhh, see you at christmas I guess?

also like how absolutely nobody gives a gently caress about Jon's secret lineage despite the fact that he's now literally the last Targaryen

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I was really hoping for an orchestral cover of Don’t Stop Believing for the last scene.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Tyrion's speech to Jon was some peak Hollywood Centrism. "She killed objectively evil people in defense to the innocent! It was obvious that she would turn evil because both sides are the same! We should have been diplomatic with the Nazi's! Horseshoe Theory!"

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edmure Tully showing up out of nowhere reminds me that Brienne writing "Took Riverrun back from the Tully rebels without loss of life" is either total bullshit or the writers forgot that The Blackfish got killed by Lannister soldiers.

Or did he...

COMING IN 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

also like how absolutely nobody gives a gently caress about Jon's secret lineage despite the fact that he's now literally the last Targaryen

Man itd be really stupid if we exiled somebody with strong military leadership, a direct claim to the throne, popular support, and backing of a newly independent kingdom to a massive military outpost he ran that controls trade between the huge newly farmable land and a populace of people who view him as a savior and our horrifically depleted by war kingdoms.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Dany frees the unsullied and is mother of dragons. Their reaction to her death: meh, nothing we can do about it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

K8.0 posted:

I'm not even sure how The Unsullied have any leverage at all because the North and other Westerosi armies, most/all of which support Jon Snow, could have destroyed them in no time. Grey Worm should have been pleading for his life... not playing big man on campus.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY OVERRRR!!!!!!!

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Sansa: I'm absolutely devastated that you are being exiled to this castle that's like a 20 minute horse ride from my castle. Uhhh, see you at christmas I guess?

Something something take the black, no claim.

Like the argument is that Jon has strongest claim on the throne, then dany, but unironically the closest relation still living after that is sansa, then bran. The throne is still passing hereditarily.

(Incidentally, Jon's lineage actually gave ned stark a claim on the throne after dany, if I have it correctly. Technically one stronger than Robert Baratheons.)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

We should remake all our institutions pretty much exactly as they were about 5 years ago when this whole thing kicked off because this system of governance clearly worked out for us and didnt rely on multiple insane rulers blowing each other up.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They could easily have just told Grey Worm to gently caress off, been like "ok Jon so you don't want to be king, but what do you want' and he would have said "I want to go back north with my BFF Tormund" and the end result would have been exactly the same.

Still blown away by the fact that the reddit leak was dead-on to the very end, lmao

Also gotta love how all the dead children and stuff stopped mattering immediately. Even when you see the Unsullied leaving at the port, the whole port area is undamaged lol

And where did the Dothraki go? Did they also just gently caress off back to Essos?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Castle Black is like 600 miles away from Winterfell. But distance doesn’t mean anything so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Barudak posted:

We should remake all our institutions pretty much exactly as they were about 5 years ago when this whole thing kicked off because this system of governance clearly worked out for us and didnt rely on multiple insane rulers blowing each other up.

This whole thing definitely didn't start because the new king didn't give a poo poo about his job and wanted to spend all day loving about with animals