Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

AAF throwbacks should just mean games played in the nude that week. A call to its historic roots. Like ancient Greek wrestling.

So you just want to see Trent Richardson nude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m a Fleet man so it’s more about Ja’Quan Gardner :butt:. But please do not kink shame.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

iospace posted:

Are you going to do more of them?

anti-archive bump :v:

I did a bunch of them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Was looking through an art collection and found a NFL tooth helmet, so here you go

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ok I had to go looking for this because :wtc:

I dunno how to link to the thing directly but you can find it scrolling through https://www.darwinianvoodoo.com/darwinianvoodoo/

quote:

MATERIALS: NFL RIDDELL AMERICAN FOOTBALL HELMET, TEETH DENTURES, MILITARY MEDAL RIBBONS.

I'm like 98% relieved and 2% disappointed that it's not made out of real teeth knocked out during NFL games

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
e. wrong thread

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The artist must have really enjoyed the latest Dr. Who episodes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Was looking through an art collection and found a NFL tooth helmet, so here you go

well poo poo, that's the stuff of nightmares.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

This is physically revolting.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hey now, sharks literally have teeth on their bodies to help them go faster, don't judge.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

This is physically revolting.

So I guess....

you can't handle the tooth?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So I guess....

You want me on that gumwall! you need me on that gumwall!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm no better than either of you, but let it be known that I hate you both a lot right now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So I guess....

I'm a dad and I'm mad at this joke.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
So I've been gone for a while. A few years give or take, I dont remember. How ya been?

Is anyone still making music? Whats current in the farthouse?

cucka fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 23, 2019

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm working on a football base board game.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm working on a football base board game.

That sounds interesting. How does it work? Is it like a blood bowl hybrid thing or is it more straight up football?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cucka posted:

So I've been gone for a while. A few years give or take, I dont remember. How ya been?

Is anyone still making music? Whats current in the farthouse?

good to see you dude, been using your weed lion av for fantasy football.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Chilichimp posted:

good to see you dude, been using your weed lion av for fantasy football.

I love that you're using the dope lion, good to see you too.

Got kinda busy. Full time job, fiancee, made the semi-finals of a local talent competition singing like a jackass as I'm wont to do.

Just kinda wanted to pop in and say hi, since it all started here. When I was here I was in a bad place for numerous reasons. Making my dumb lovely music here was my release and in some ways it may have kept me sane enough to stay alive. I grew as a writer and a person. I don't know if Draw Play Dave or Rapp are around anymore, but I wanted specifically to thank them. Me and Dave talked a couple times via email, and his ability to get noticed inspired me to try, fail as I did. And rapp was just a fellow fan of a bad team. The Browns inspired me to create and so did he and so I did.

Hope you all are well.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Febreeze doesn't post in here anymore but he does keep up with The Draw Play. That said, he's busy closing on a house (or moving into it?) this week, IIRC.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

cucka posted:

That sounds interesting. How does it work? Is it like a blood bowl hybrid thing or is it more straight up football?

Old, old school football. It's being written and re-written but I like what I have so far, I just have work out more details.

The previous version of the rule book is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jd6RaDiYiaHyLkr96BLwXOFIlihZSe7jPD6KQMvgCPk/edit?usp=sharing

I'm going to make 144 or so cards made up that look like old school ball cards. They are dealt out at random, eighteen per player. They form the starters and backup players.

They go onto these:

That's single wing formation.

You can play a game or season, depending on how many people you have play. There's a football field where you keep track of progress and scoreboard sheets. The blind chance cards are cards that are randomly positive or negative for the player. Sometimes a player gets hurt and you have to replace him or turn the card over (and lose the yardage he added to your total)

There's a number on the players cards, you add them up to get how many yards you can run in a half (I'm trying to keep the number low 60-100) You get six drives per half and then the number resets. Passing is different. Your QB can throw a certain times per game (2 - 8 times) but you get to pick when you use him. To throw a pass you have to say how far you want to go and roll a die that's marked in increments of five (5,10,15, etc instead of 1,2,3...) The dice has to match or better the yards you said for the pass to be good.

There's six drives per half. On each drive you can pass, run or kick. Kicking is done rolling a die marked in increments of ten. for a Field Goal you have to call the distance like passing. I am still working out stadium rental, salaries, etc for league play.

One of the interesting bits has been trying to find photos. Some teams, like the Staleys had a team photo with everyone's name marked on it. Some of the bad teams left very little trace.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
id play it. That looks fun. Heck if you got the right presentation and put it up on kickstarter or whatever you'd probably make some money

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just had a thought right before I left for home: “A Buc Named Suh”.

There’s got to be something fartworthy there.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Tampa Suh

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I came across this while looking for stuff to do with the board game. These are the players from the Akron Pros, the first NFL Champions. It's the first team photo that I've seen of this level of quality

For example, these are the best two pictures I could find before.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

look like a bunch of hard-drinking, no-nonsense, blue collar, real american men. cool photo

I'm kind of interested in that singular dark-skinned fellow. I know that Paul Robeson played with the Akron Pros in 1921 (while he was simultaneously acting and singing on broadway). That doesn't look too much like him though

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

That was Fritz Pollard, the highest paid member of the team and the first black coach in the league. After football he became a talent manager among other things. He's in the Hall of Fame.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 11, 2019

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Darth Brooks posted:

That was Fritz Pollard, the highest paid member of the team and the first black coach in the league. He quit and became a talent manager.

Wow, thanks. I've heard that name before but mostly divorced of context. That's super interesting. They were acquaintances as well, two real hustlers. The fact that they were doing these things in the 1920s is pretty wild.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

I came across this while looking for stuff to do with the board game. These are the players from the Akron Pros, the first NFL Champions. It's the first team photo that I've seen of this level of quality

For example, these are the best two pictures I could find before.

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/ItemImages/000016/16622a_lg.jpeg

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I wonder if Bernard Pollard is related to Fritz?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

That's the original. I adjusted the contrast some.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people gave me poo poo when I drafted Fritz Pollard in the first round of a dumb fake all-time draft thread on this forum and they can all go gently caress themselves

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Let's fix all the bird logos in pro sports

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

They have cardinals in arizona you stupid bitch

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

This is the hell of the content era

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I like how they apparently didn’t understand that the claw in the Falcons logo makes it look more like the letter F.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
All those logos were fine as is. The burd logo that needs fixing is the goddamn Louisville teeth bird.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

fartknocker posted:

I like how they apparently didn’t understand that the claw in the Falcons logo makes it look more like the letter F.

whoaaaaa

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Well that was an article.

*advertisement*

Some of the changes from true bird to logo make sense.

*advertisement*

The yellow beaks pop compared to black beaks.

*advertisement*

Falcons and Seahawks are color coded to match the uniforms.

*advertisement*

And there was something else bothering me.

*advertisement l*

Oh well, I hope the mammal version comes along soon.

*advertisement*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Well that was an article.

*advertisement*

Some of the changes from true bird to logo make sense.

*advertisement*

The yellow beaks pop compared to black beaks.

*advertisement*

Falcons and Seahawks are color coded to match the uniforms.

*advertisement*

And there was something else bothering me.

*advertisement l*

Oh well, I hope the mammal version comes along soon.

*advertisement*

moar adverts pls