Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Golf Blitz is at its best when it becomes a free for all at the map chokepoints. Great feeling coming out ahead when all the balls are crashing together.

hey girl you up posted:

https://twitter.com/KevinDaleyDC/status/1127938529068294144

weird timing! approved only a day or so after the antitrust case gathered a pile of steam. world is full of bizarre coincidences, i guess.

Weird, I didn't expect him to play swing vote on anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Buriedbornes developer has released something more anime

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ending-days/id1460221761

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
When will he create the perfect iOS game, Buriedboners

Jack Deth
May 29, 2005

Welcome to the 21st century.

triplexpac posted:

Anyone play Marvel Battle Lines? I am having fun with it, it’s a card game. Presentation is beautiful

I play it, and have just made a goon guild since we seemed to be lacking one.

Come join me on the GoonCarrier.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kingdom is real good and absolutely worth the 2.99.

I played it for like 3 hours yesterday and it’s great on the phone.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

super sweet best pal posted:

Great feeling coming out ahead when all the balls are crashing together.

gently caress yeah buddy :wink:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Can I get a golf blitz invite? IGN buglord

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

buglord posted:

Can I get a golf blitz invite? IGN buglord

They don’t have an invite system. We have one slot in Goon Squad open I will open it up. Just say something goony when you join.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Jack Deth posted:

I've been playing this on and off for quite a while. Joined guild as BriaUndell.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Geekslinger posted:

They don’t have an invite system. We have one slot in Goon Squad open I will open it up. Just say something goony when you join.

If there are any additional spots available for the two (three?) goon teams, I’d love one. Been playing enough to get my star pack most days and keep my packs full.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Wonder how this new thing from the buriedbornes guys is

Edit: I LIKE IT

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 19, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its even more poorly translated than Buriedbornes. :v:

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

Jack Deth posted:

Giving this game a shot. What do guilds even do?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Wonder how this new thing from the buriedbornes guys is

Edit: I LIKE IT

It good

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Definitely requires more focus than Bb tho.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
It’s hard af

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I truly appreciate that all players in Golf Blitz use grenade shot for every shot it’s possible, as it is meant to be

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Am I missing something w grenade shot - I’ve got it unlocked and upgraded but it’s never been an option in game.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
It was too hard and confusing and I could make even less sense of it than buriedbones, but I appreciated the effort. App Store also recommended République yesterday, but that’s got some pretty clunky controls and I didn’t like it much.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Campbell posted:

Am I missing something w grenade shot - I’ve got it unlocked and upgraded but it’s never been an option in game.

You’ll see it more as you level up, you’re getting match made with players that don’t have it unlocked still.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

BGrifter posted:

Makes me think of Chip ‘n Dales MMORPG.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lt9aKgVKNww

drat bill cosby stuff didnt age well lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I, on the contrary, think that like any well made wine the age has only enhanced a flavour that was always there but just too indistinct to place.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
How do people get high up in golf blitz, there’s just so much chaos I can’t seem to get any consistency. Seems like every game is 50% skill 50% luck.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

How do people get high up in golf blitz, there’s just so much chaos I can’t seem to get any consistency. Seems like every game is 50% skill 50% luck.

Even if it's 25% skill 75% luck over time the skilled players will separate from the rest like so much wheat from the chaff. If you look at a more complex game with many more people playing it on a ladder (Starcraft) the top players are expected to still lose basically 50% of their matches. The rule of large numbers states that over very many games the factors that are outside of your control will diversify out and you're left with the player skill determining rank/placement on a ladder.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I also find it helps to take a break when you have a couple of those games and lose badly. If you stick with it, you usually end up losing several more.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Streaks are real in Golf Blitz and it is so, so, infuriating to lose several games in a row.

My general advice: get to the hole as fast as you can and be aggressive. Take other people out if you have to.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

TheManWithNoName posted:

My general advice: get to the hole as fast as you can and be aggressive. Take other people out if you have to.

What's your advice for the game

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
:boom:

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

VelociBacon posted:

What's your advice for the game

Don’t be afraid to take a long, sticky shot. Some of my best scores were coming in from the side and surprising everyone at the hole. It’s always fun to push your way in when someone else is about to finish.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Anyone play The Alchemist Code? Is it good?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

TheManWithNoName posted:

Don’t be afraid to take a long, sticky shot. Some of my best scores were coming in from the side and surprising everyone at the hole. It’s always fun to push your way in when someone else is about to finish.

I watch as many games as I play. There’s some holes (particularly in the cloud course) where you can take shortcuts that wouldn’t be apparently obvious until someone either beats you in a game with them, or you watch them as an observer. One costs you trophies and the other doesn’t. ;)

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I can’t imagine playing golf blitz in a friendly manner. I’ll punish anyone for inconveniencing me slightly. I somehow lucked into the 300 trophy tier and got smacked down violently to the 90s. Welp.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

It’s gumi, so no. Extremely predatory gacha game.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Golf blitz is addicting and infuriating because you can bottom out hard for no apparent reason

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Piggy Smalls posted:

I played it until th FATE collab. It’s real bad. Grindy as hell. Hard event stages were 10+ minutes and you’d have to run the. Dozens of times to max a reward, like gilgamesh’s weapon that also unlocked his strongest skill. Though you only need pen to partially upgrade to unlock Babylon or w/e it’s called. Still took hours to get th. Are minimum.

Don’t play Alchemist Code.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Thanks goons

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

Dudeabides posted:

Golf blitz is addicting and infuriating because you can bottom out hard for no apparent reason

Yeah agreed. You can do everything fine and still get completely boned over, but I think that's part of the charm in the end. The amount of times RNG has caused my ball to not make it past a hurdle or a grenade has exploded before mine to launch me off the map is pretty well balanced by the times I luck sack out to a 1st place win for the hole.

1v1s make me nervous because then I can't hide my poo poo skills behind the randomness of it all. :shobon:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

TheManWithNoName posted:

Can't believe no one else appreciated this one.

On topic: what stats should I improve on my antigrav balls. Still haven't used them but got a lot of pending upgrades for it I can cash in for some sweet sweet small XP.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

TraderStav posted:

I glossed right over that :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

TraderStav posted:

On topic: what stats should I improve on my antigrav balls. Still haven't used them but got a lot of pending upgrades for it I can cash in for some sweet sweet small XP.
I've got mine at Accuracy and Power at about 2:1. Generally if i'm doing Anti-Grav i'm doing a trick shot, so I want it to come off.
All Out Speed would also be fine because ultimately it's a race to the hole.

On luck vs skill, out of 240 games i've outright won 140, so i'd like to think that skill is on my side there as "pure chance" would put me at a mere 60.
I generally win more if I play for 2nd. Going for wild shots will win you more holes and get the Star Pack, but consistency in the speed you get to the green will win you games.