Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Picnic Princess posted:

Does she not know how phones work? Doesn't she have "assistants" who could call or email for her if she's worried about giving out personal info?

People who spend that much time on social media don't seem to know how to function without it anymore.

Snapchat lost like a billion dollars when her little sister said she was over it, Kim K knew exactly what she was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please refer to her as lawyer Kim k

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

oldpainless posted:

Kim K, Esq.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

As technological progress continues the so-called stupid old fart line will get younger and younger. Before it was don't trust anyone over 30, now it's 25 and as the zoomers age it will continue to drop. In the future everyone over a month old will be dottering fools unable to access the brainwave posting devices.

Our only hope is to be their Mike Gravels in politics.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

T-man posted:

As technological progress continues the so-called stupid old fart line will get younger and younger. Before it was don't trust anyone over 30, now it's 25 and as the zoomers age it will continue to drop. In the future everyone over a month old will be dottering fools unable to access the brainwave posting devices.

Is this The Singularity? I think it’s approaching, at least.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:lol:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Maybe he'll make fun of Batman like he did Twilight and we can all laugh at the losers together like back in the day :unsmith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It shouldn't be understated that Robert Pattison loving hates Twilight.

I think Pattison could pull Bruce Wayne off easily. Still not sure about Batman though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Batman is a loner so he pulls himself off.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

T-man posted:

Hell, we're posting here on a forum. how many teenagers these days have every even seen a forum?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

Hell, we're posting here on a forum. how many teenagers these days have every even seen a forum?

You know those old folks communities that look like old lovely towns to try and be comforting and familiar to olds as their brains deteriorate into mush? That's what these forums will be for the 90s internet kidz

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pre and post internet/cell phone is what really matters

going from a world without those to the current day is too much. that's why you have olds out there telling kids to pound the pavement and poo poo, because they cannot understand that every company has an endless stack of resumes from all over the country to pick and choose from. it is a completely different world

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

hawowanlawow posted:

pre and post internet/cell phone is what really matters

going from a world without those to the current day is too much. that's why you have olds out there telling kids to pound the pavement and poo poo, because they cannot understand that every company has an endless stack of resumes from all over the country to pick and choose from. it is a completely different world

"Get off the computer and go apply for jobs" -everyone's dad who hasn't had to interview for a job since 1992

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The world also moves and changes so fast now that "wisdom" doesn't mean jack poo poo anymore. You have to adapt and learn quickly, what was relevant today will be irrelevant tomorrow. Life experience won't get you anywhere when the world is completely different than what you experienced.

I don't automatically disrespect elders, but I definitely lose a lot of respect for them when they treat you like incompetent morons and refuse to acknowledge that you're perfectly capable of figuring out your world even if you've been in it for less time than they have.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ghost emoji posted:

"Get off the computer and go apply for jobs" -everyone's dad who hasn't had to interview for a job since 1992

That isn't just old people. My last girlfriend actually gave me poo poo for never handing in paper applications in 2015.

I was just like...why? If you go to a place in person then they just point you at a kiosk (if they even have one, that is) that has exactly the same process as going to the website in the end. Pounding the pavement is long since dead and gone.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

oldpainless posted:

Wasn't that the vocalist from Technotronic?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have had extremely bad luck finding a job out of college and lost motivation for long stretches of time, so that has basically confirmed my dad's old-fashioned suspicion for online applications.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

I think Pattison could pull Bruce Wayne off easily. Still not sure about Batman though.

I have some information about Bruce Wayne that may shock you.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

there wolf posted:

Yeah, it reads less like sovcit nonsense and more like this rear end in a top hat found out two pieces of information, the IRS has rewards for ratting out tax frauds and cash payments can often go unreported, and thought he'd figured out one cool trick to get some easy money.

It's insane because my local dive bar is cash only and has been in business since the 1950s in an area that's been gentrified full of nosy NIMBY motherfuckers who rat each other out over lawn ordinances constantly.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Pounding the pavement is long since dead and gone.

:corsair: It's not just walking around, kid! You've got to put on your best suit, go find the man in charge, give him a good firm handshake, look him straight in the eye, and ask for a job! It worked in 1968 and it'll work today! Some things never change!

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

seiferguy posted:

i'd say that, yeah, bruce wayne is a billionaire kung fu playboy, but he's also a weirdo and i bet RP could play up the weirdo part better than kung fu playboy but i also have seen half of one of his movies so

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's insane because my local dive bar is cash only and has been in business since the 1950s in an area that's been gentrified full of nosy NIMBY motherfuckers who rat each other out over lawn ordinances constantly.

The main reason for being cash only is to avoid credit card fees, not cheating on your taxes. If you're going to cheat on your taxes just be smart enough to keep two sets of books.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

https://mobile.twitter.com/herbertnyt/status/1126251314596450304

Middle East Editor of the NYT

And yes the article is as bad as it seems

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Crow Your Coins! posted:

Tbf, Midwest children are ticking time bombs to suck just as much as their parents

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GEtting dressed, going outside, physical exertion to get to the building, waiting in line all showed a work ethic that online applications don’t. You had to do some work to even apply for a job which weeded our lot of potential competitors. Nowadays any bozo online can apply in 10 seconds to anything

It still helps tremendously to know somebody already there tho

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Andrast posted:

Here's your reminder that short-time stock price changes mean absolutely loving nothing and you should never care about them unless you are literally a day trader.

But you don't understand, it dropped one whole percent, to its lowest value in (checks) two and a half hours!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

oldpainless posted:

I've had rough times getting jobs, and 99% of internet help with this is "Everyone has a relative who owns a small business, just work for them, don't let your pride get in the way"

no, everyone does not have a relative who owns a business, website list.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Crow Your Coins! posted:

I'd have to say "the ticking"

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I hope we get Trump's hot take on Batman.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/380401743198056448

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gloomy Rube posted:

I've had rough times getting jobs, and 99% of internet help with this is "Everyone has a relative who owns a small business, just work for them, don't let your pride get in the way"

no, everyone does not have a relative who owns a business, website list.

Hi, Aunt Eileen, can I work at your Etsy shop?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Yeah doesn’t he have some weird fixation with Pattinson?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

oldpainless posted:

GEtting dressed, going outside, physical exertion to get to the building, waiting in line all showed a work ethic that online applications don’t. You had to do some work to even apply for a job which weeded our lot of potential competitors. Nowadays any bozo online can apply in 10 seconds to anything

more like olddoesn'tunderstandthejobmarket which now that I look at it seems redundant

Dr Christmas posted:

I have had extremely bad luck finding a job out of college and lost motivation for long stretches of time, so that has basically confirmed my dad's old-fashioned suspicion for online applications.

I applied to several hundred jobs over a six month period, got screwed out of a couple jobs for being trans, then gave up and started living that NEET life.

Lifehack: befriend a cs major who will support your weed and videogames lifestyle

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I don't know why but the future president of the united loving states allaying people's fears over batman like it was a goddamn call for peace after civil unrest had me laugh for a minute straight in a mixture of genuine humor and absolute terror

we are beyond parody at this point

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 01:04 on May 21, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Screaming Idiot posted:

I don't know why but the president of the united loving states allaying people's fears over batman like it was a goddamn call for peace after civil unrest had me laugh for a minute straight in a mixture of genuine humor and absolute terror

we are beyond parody at this point

To be fair he wasn't president at the time

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Len posted:

To be fair he wasn't president at the time

I meant to say "future" in the original post, but the fact we* eventually elected him is proof this world deserves the gentle embrace of nuclear Armageddon.

*Russia

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Screaming Idiot posted:

I meant to say "future" in the original post, but the fact we* eventually elected him is proof this world deserves the gentle embrace of nuclear Armageddon.

*Russia

We is also a Russian dystopian novel, so it really does check out. :eng101:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

We is also a Russian dystopian novel, so it really does check out. :eng101:

Every Russian novel is a dystopian novel by virtue of taking place in Russia. People in North Korea look at each other and say, "We may be starving while our insane ruler builds nuclear weapons, but at least we're not in loving Russia."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Folks, he was right.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

zoux posted:

Folks, he was right.

*readies milkshake*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Screaming Idiot posted:

*readies milkshake*