Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Green Day reminds me of a creepypasta I once read about cordyceps.

i thought the same thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

RatHat posted:

In the manga Mista’s hand is going slightly down his pants

And Araki claims he doesn’t intentionally make it gay smh
No, look more carefully. That hand has a yellow stripe on the cuff.

That's Giorno's hand.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

E-flat posted:

No, look more carefully. That hand has a yellow stripe on the cuff.

That's Giorno's hand.

Maybe Araki's life is just like that onion article of the guy wondering why these homosexuals keep sucking his cock

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I've never been to Japan, but I would imagine there's a certain stigma to gay things, just like everywhere, so Araki just denies poo poo that's incredibly obvious. I mean, sure, he gets inspired by poses from various fashion magazines and whatnot, but you'd have to live with wolves to not understand why "dudes touching each other (sometimes very close to the crotch) and having pronounced butts while doing effeminate poses" is seen as gay.
I totally believe that he knows what he's doing also because, if I remember right, he's fairly progressive, and always wanted more diverse characters. I'm also pretty sure I've seen that some character is bi, or maybe gay, canonically.

While it's most likely not the intended subtext, I kinda like to think like Abbacchio is in love with Bruno, because he always acts like a petty jealous bastard. Why the gently caress would he piss in the teapot otherwise.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Vookatos posted:

Why the gently caress would he piss in the teapot otherwise.

Because getting up to go to the restroom was :effort: and he wanted to haze the new guy. Two birds, one stone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I dunno if I'd say Abbacchio is in love with Bruno exactly, but it definitely seems like he doesn't like Giorno hanging around him.

That's likely due to the way Giorno is introduced, though. Suddenly Bruno adds this kid to the gang they've never met and he even chats with him like they're old friends. It's got to be annoying for a guy like Abbacchio to think he's not being let in on something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
abbachio x bruno is the biggest relationship flag in Part 5 and you'd have to be blind to miss it. Abbacchio constantly says how little purpose he has outside of following Bruno, is the first to get on the boat, he always trusts him, and is confused why Bruno is suddenly trusting Giorno so much.

Hell, David Prod added the scene of them meeting in the rain together

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Admittedly, I tend not to watch JoJo with my glasses on.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
It's semi-secret canon that Bruno gave Abbacchio a special zipper to use for smooching when they're away on jobs.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Speaking of Bruno, this is really impressive:

https://twitter.com/bybuccellati/status/1129911889037803520?s=21

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I just realized that Epitaph is reverse Thoth. It predicts you getting badly hurt, but when the prediction comes true it was your opponent that got hit

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I wouldn’t describe Epitaph as reverse-Thoth, but they are incredibly similar in retrospect! They both show the user a snapshot of the future completely devoid of all context, so the user can make their own judgments about a situation, whether that means they think victory is assured (when Thoth showed a premonition of Jotaro’s face being split in two) or if it means the user needs to haul rear end to make it work out favorably (when Epitaph showed a foot being amputated).

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Glad to know we're getting some goon representation with Secco. Some bizarre death fight and he's trying to start debates about who would win in a fight between Stand A and Stand B. I hope his next line is him debating whether White Album protects against Part 1 Dio's Ice Powers or vice-versa.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Speaking of White Album, was his ability to control absolute zero a mistranslation? The subs didn't say anything about WAGW doing that.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I think it was just badly worded; White Album can hit absolute zero and let it heat back up AFAIK. So in a sense control absolute zero.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I really liked the impenetrable ice armor guy. That was a super cool stand and his personality was endearing.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Their current fight against Mold Experience is pretty good, but it's not as good as Mista's fight against Cold Experience.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

SpartanIvy posted:

Their current fight against Mold Experience is pretty good, but it's not as good as Mista's fight against Cold Experience.

Personally, I was a big fan of Bruno versus Old Experience.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
the VoId Experience fight is good too

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RatHat posted:

In the manga Mista’s hand is going slightly down his pants

And Araki claims he doesn’t intentionally make it gay smh

this hits the gay loop i was talking about way earlier where it's so gay it loops back around to super straight

then keeps going back to gay again

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
How does the Organization keep someone like Cioccolatta under check? He seems like a huge liability and mortal threat to even the boss.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Green Day cant be a threat to the boss because he can't get to the boss. If Ciocolotta ever stepped out on his own, then the boss could just send a fax to Risottos team with exactly what Green Day does and have them whack his rear end.

Hell, Baby Face would be a perfect counter, its immune to the mold and Melone can be miles away

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 21, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, for as deadly as green day is it mostly excels at 'widespread and unfocused killing' which is pretty dangerous but when you're trying to track down a single guy who is notoriously hard to pin down it would be kind of hard to surprise him in the least if you have literally no idea who he even is and he knows what you can do already

also if he started doing his poo poo without permission it would be absurdly simple to have someone go out and assassinate him

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I think Green Day has the most "collateral damage" of any enemy Stand thus far, considering it just murks an entire neighborhood.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
someone please do this for the whole show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_3bOblgGo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, for as deadly as green day is it mostly excels at 'widespread and unfocused killing' which is pretty dangerous but when you're trying to track down a single guy who is notoriously hard to pin down it would be kind of hard to surprise him in the least if you have literally no idea who he even is and he knows what you can do already

also if he started doing his poo poo without permission it would be absurdly simple to have someone go out and assassinate him

I'm guessing either of them killing the other would be a pain in the rear end and the boss is like "yeah i could do it but man i don't wanna deal with that guy's bullshit"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'd just say Ciocolatta doesn't have the ambition or reason to kill the boss. Diavolo gives Ciocolatta cover to experiment with his influence and lets him off the leash to kill fools on camera. Ciocolatta is probably happy with that.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I think Green Day has the most "collateral damage" of any enemy Stand thus far, considering it just murks an entire neighborhood.

Probably, although I'd imagine that the effects of summoning The Sun in a populated area instead of in the middle of the Arabian desert would be pretty devastating, if not as gruesome.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lamebot posted:

How does the Organization keep someone like Cioccolatta under check? He seems like a huge liability and mortal threat to even the boss.

Not many organisations that give you a more reliable supply of people to torture to death than the most powerful mafia in Italy, and Cioccolata probably can't stay presentable enough for long enough for any national intelligence agencies.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
From the organization's perspective you send the hit squad when you want someone dead

when you want to send a message you send Cioccolatta and his gimp boy

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

GyroNinja posted:

Probably, although I'd imagine that the effects of summoning The Sun in a populated area instead of in the middle of the Arabian desert would be pretty devastating, if not as gruesome.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

From the organization's perspective you send the hit squad when you want someone dead

when you want to send a message you send Cioccolatta and his gimp boy

Given that Cioccolatta gave the Hit Squad the gelatin parts of one of their buddies yes that would be the case.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ah yes the goony-ness of...talking about an anime in it’s thread?

EDIT: I missed the joke :thejoke:

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 23, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's a joke about how the sun could be harmful, chill out

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Joseph is my favorite so far. Found out that the same person that voiced Old man also voiced two of my most favorite game characters. Heihachi from Tekken and loving Senator Armstrong of Metal Gear Rising.

drat shame he died a few years back.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Fargin Icehole posted:

I've always vaguely known about jojo since that capcom fighting game adaptation way back, but i never really cared for it. Mostly because it was all in japanese and i didn't understand a drat thing on the emulator.

Anyways I figured now's as good a time as any. I just binged watched all of Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, and I'm up to the Steely Dan episode in Stardust Crusader.

This is my loving jam. I think the moment i was in was when the man introduced himself as R.E.O Speedwagon. "No loving way, are you for real right now?"

I was instantly hooked on the show when roundabout started playing before the credits in episode 2. I knew Jojo's had a lot of musical references but I never expected they'd license a decades old song in English. It completely surprised me but it seemed to fit so well.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

HOW BOW? JO

JO

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Pomplamoose posted:

I was instantly hooked on the show when roundabout started playing before the credits in episode 2. I knew Jojo's had a lot of musical references but I never expected they'd license a decades old song in English. It completely surprised me but it seemed to fit so well.

Now you understand the "<==To Be Continued==" Roundabout videos that have been a meme for most of the past decade.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Now you understand the "<==To Be Continued==" Roundabout videos that have been a meme for most of the past decade.

Oh come on it's only been s....even years........

Ehhh!?? Time has been erased??!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

While I like most of the picks for ending songs they never really bettered hearing those opening notes of Roundabout during the last scene of the episode :/