Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Merciless was amazing

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's fun to read old articles about vanilla D2.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/10/05/ranking-the-10-worst-exotics-in-destiny-2-so-far/#691abb830aec

5. Transversive Steps (Warlock Boots)

Ugh. These are carryovers from D1, but they’re just so drat boring now. You get a mild increase in sprint speed, and you partially reload one weapon slot when sprinting. If it fully reloaded your weapon when you were running that would be one thing, but it’s only a bit of ammo at a time, and it’s hilarious to think that this item and Actium War Rig can exist in the same game. These boots are just pure garbage.

I'm glad people thought Fighting Lion was bad because it got unneeded buff after unneeded buff

Gun always hosed

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They had to nerf fighting lion just before they put in the catalyst because it was hilariously OP at that point. It could one shot entire groups of enemies.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

xzzy posted:

one shot entire groups of enemies

I see you're familiar with the best secondary in the game, Loaded Question.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting Lion is better than LQ because you can use TFL as your main weapon.

(fists are your secondary)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I see you're familiar with the best secondary in the game, Loaded Question.

Same but telesto.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeBRq9jLBu8

lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

deadwing posted:

I'm glad people thought Fighting Lion was bad because it got unneeded buff after unneeded buff

Gun always hosed

Spanish Manlove posted:

Same but telesto.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i want to thank the pubby behind me that ate that dawnblade. without you it would have been me and far less funny.

https://i.imgur.com/ANDIPeK.gifv

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Is crucible labs still a thing?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

hitchensgoespop posted:

Lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

hitchensgoespop posted:

I only play crucible and i honestly have no idea.

That poo poo was real bad though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Presumably it's still a capability they could deploy but they haven't announced any new events for it.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Yeah that's what I thought. It hit me this morning and i Loled.

So much potential for fun poo poo. In the bin.

Remember how cool halo was when you had bizarre mini games available for a few weeks. Lol.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Remember how cool Halo was when you could make your own bizarre minigames because it exposed enough settings in customs?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So was ammo regen the only thing that makes Whisper worth getting? White nail from ammo reserves still sounds good but sounds more like a pinnacle legendary thing than something worth the exotic slot

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Remember how cool Halo was when you could make your own bizarre minigames because it exposed enough settings in customs?

Remember when Halo had a replay mode?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Roman posted:

So was ammo regen the only thing that makes Whisper worth getting? White nail from ammo reserves still sounds good but sounds more like a pinnacle legendary thing than something worth the exotic slot

Whisper still has Whispered Breathing so it'll still be good. Using it or DARCI will basically be a matter of preference.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

xzzy posted:

Well everyone in D1 got mad about bullet sponges so they made stuff in D2 really easy to damage but now it's all hard gated with precision choreography.

I think the problem is that they just aren't very good at designing raid bosses. I wish that they'd swap out all the people tasked with trying to come up with puzzles with people who are tasked with designing really challenging and fun combat scenarios instead, with a ban on any that involve all guardians standing together in one spot shooting at a stationary target.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SUNKOS posted:

I think the problem is that they just aren't very good at designing raid bosses. I wish that they'd swap out all the people tasked with trying to come up with puzzles with people who are tasked with designing really challenging and fun combat scenarios instead, with a ban on any that involve all guardians standing together in one spot shooting at a stationary target.

How about standing in THREE different spots to damage a boss?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
my God, think of the databases necessary!

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Raid Bosses that were good:

Argos
Oryx
Aksis
Insurrection Prime

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie's main approach to "difficulty" right now is slapping timers on poo poo. It started with the oversoul and has been getting worse ever since.

But at least most of them actually put a timer on the screen now!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Wrath of the Machine is the best, fight me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

Argos
Oryx
Aksis
Insurrection Prime

Atheon after the time travelers were randomized and guard rails installed

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

How about standing in THREE different spots to damage a boss?

Whoah...what sort of fuckery is this

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Do you have to complete your previous sub-class progress for the Forsaken sub-classes before the next seed of light will drop? I've gotten the first two on my third character and want to get the third from Mara's throne before today is over, but I've only unlocked the first two nodes and am wondering whether I need to devote all that time to ability-kill farming or whether I can get back to farming that triple glory to finish off Redrix's.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Insane Totoro posted:

Argos
Oryx
Aksis
Insurrection Prime

Just about every fight in KF owned though.
The Dickwall has consumed the light of many guardians

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Thrall Turbo Tunnel in the Crota raid rules

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Paracelsus posted:

Do you have to complete your previous sub-class progress for the Forsaken sub-classes before the next seed of light will drop? I've gotten the first two on my third character and want to get the third from Mara's throne before today is over, but I've only unlocked the first two nodes and am wondering whether I need to devote all that time to ability-kill farming or whether I can get back to farming that triple glory to finish off Redrix's.

Pretty sure you can get the seeds of light any time, it doesn't tie to unlocking previous subclass skills.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nope, I had two seeds of light on my hunter for months because I hated any subclass that wasn't golden gun.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

The Thrall Turbo Tunnel in the Crota raid rules

Thrall chase was fun as hell. One of the better encounters they designed imo.

All of the calus raid mechnics seemed a little silly but could still be fun. Askis was a pretty fun boss fight.

Whisper was the go to mainly for the infinite ammo but also because he dropped big damage because of its impact stat. Making it not infinite ammo doesn't really change that but I doubt anyone will want to switch the darci just because it's possibly just as good.

I don't really blame them for nerfing things because there's a definite obvious must have load out to do things as efficiently as possible but I can still have a lol at them for designing encounters with the same base layout and then wondering why the perfect weapons for those encounters end up being the only things used.

Imo there's better mechanics they could steal from other things in destiny they could throw into raids.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Imo there's better mechanics they could steal from other things in destiny they could throw into raids.

Like that public event in the SE zone of dreaming city where lots of poo poo rushes at you and you gotta protect a widget. You know, make their shooty fps game about actually determining how well you can fight against stuff.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

Like that public event in the SE zone of dreaming city where lots of poo poo rushes at you and you gotta protect a widget. You know, make their shooty fps game about actually determining how well you can fight against stuff.

Yeah. There was also some other stuff they had in court of Oryx like having to use cursed thrall to break the enemy bosses shield for a damage phase or the order and timer you had to use in order to kill witches and stuff.

Just seems like outside of one or two encounters a whole lot of stuff is standing on plates or waiting for something to spawn to pick up it's mcguffin.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Yeah. There was also some other stuff they had in court of Oryx like having to use cursed thrall to break the enemy bosses shield for a damage phase or the order and timer you had to use in order to kill witches and stuff.

Just seems like outside of one or two encounters a whole lot of stuff is standing on plates or waiting for something to spawn to pick up it's mcguffin.

People routinely hosed up that cursed thrall thing by shooting them the minute they spawned, instead of waiting for them to get near the boss, and that trend was going strong months after the Court was introduced.

I don't even do raids anymore, but that's one of the few things I'd like to see not included.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

People routinely hosed up that cursed thrall thing by shooting them the minute they spawned, instead of waiting for them to get near the boss, and that trend was going strong months after the Court was introduced.

I don't even do raids anymore, but that's one of the few things I'd like to see not included.

Raids aren't match made for a reason homie.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The raids in Destiny 2 would be remembered more fondly if they weren’t relentlessly buggy. Spite of Stars is AKSHULLY pretty cool and has cool mechanics... but it’s just so goddam buggy that it never feels worth the effort to force it.

I could sleepwalk through Prestige Levi at this point but Jesus Christ the Pleasure Gardens never ever worked.

Don’t even get me started on Guitar errors in Last Wish

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

but Jesus Christ the Pleasure Gardens never ever worked.

Don’t even get me started on Guitar errors in Last Wish

ive raided more than i care to admit and ive never seen either of this. not once.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

ive raided more than i care to admit and ive never seen either of this. not once.

pleasure garden bugs/"bugs" I know of: doing a class ability gets rid of your stacks. dogs will sometimes just freak the gently caress out for no reason and run at you. dog line of sight generally just pretty vague and bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mazerunner posted:

pleasure garden bugs/"bugs" I know of: doing a class ability gets rid of your stacks. dogs will sometimes just freak the gently caress out for no reason and run at you. dog line of sight generally just pretty vague and bad

Failed experiment of adding sneaking into Destiny