Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The elusive target always brings me back for more than just the target but i totally agree and miss the episodic map releases. At least theres some dlc to look forward to. It sucks that that awesome drip feed of new hitman levels was dropped so that a bunch of whiny cunts that didnt buy hitman 2 either complained theyd buy the game if it wasnt episodic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The regular sprinkles of nw and old legacy conent keep me coming back decently well so far.
Kimono + samurai sword also make me do stupid weeb gimmick runs.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In retrospect the episodic release did work really well for this kind of game.

Although it is possible that the majority of the players only care about beating every level once.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I finished hitman 2 (rather sloppily) in like a single afternoon.

lol shut the gently caress up

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You're never finished with Hitman. Never!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

elf help book posted:

lol shut the gently caress up

Lol is someone mad that the $60 game they like was designed to be beaten in a few hours?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol is someone mad that the $60 game they like was designed to be beaten in a few hours?

Just the laziest possible trolling here man

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The only way you could beat the game in a few hours is if you just shoot your way through everything. And if that is the case, you trolled yourself.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zedd posted:

The regular sprinkles of nw and old legacy conent keep me coming back decently well so far.
Kimono + samurai sword also make me do stupid weeb gimmick runs.

yeah, i'll pop back in every elusive target and also hit up some challenges, whether the new ones or the normal ones I haven't completed yet

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yeah, i'll pop back in every elusive target and also hit up some challenges, whether the new ones or the normal ones I haven't completed yet

I took a few spins around Miami to do the blue flamingo + fishing line challenges before hitting up Sean Bean again (used the robot this time). I think IOI does a pretty good job of adding stuff like that to point you in the direction of neat features of the map (I had no idea that wood chipper was even there, or the big shark in the aquarium).

Hoping the next new ET is in Mumbai because that's the one map where I feel like I've maybe explored like 15% of it thus far. Its just so ridiculously big and dense and probably the most vertical map in S1+2 which is neat.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Cojawfee posted:

The only way you could beat the game in a few hours is if you just shoot your way through everything. And if that is the case, you trolled yourself.

Not really. After playing the first one for 100+hrs and the game literally giving you a HUD-marking, hand-holding, story guide through every map enabled by default and unlimited manual saves, you'd have to be stupid as hell or intentionally slowing yourself down to not fly through the second one in a matter of hours. Hell, the sheer curiosity of knowing what levels are next and being able to start them immediately after a botched 0-score run probably made like every casual player sprint through it just as fast.

I'd be interested to see the percentage of players who beat all the levels and quit vs the folks who got 100% mastery. I wouldn't be surprised if the number is something like 80/20 and everyone in this thread is in the latter group.

Wolfsheim posted:

Just the laziest possible trolling here man

It sure rustled that posters jimmies.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Of both the newer hitman games, what would you guys rate the top three maps and bottom three maps?

Best:
Sapienza
Hokkaido
Miami

Worst:
Marrakesh
Colorado
Colombia

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Of both the newer hitman games, what would you guys rate the top three maps and bottom three maps?

Best:
Sapienza
Hokkaido
Miami

Worst:
Marrakesh
Colorado
Colombia

There's only two maps I dislike:

Colorado - I just don't like the scenario and its too small.

Columbia - The individual areas are cool but they're way to far apart and feel too isolated.

I think Colorado is the only map I actively dislike and avoid. I love every other map. :shrug:

Sapienza is definitely the best.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Snuffman posted:

There's only two maps I dislike:

Colorado - I just don't like the scenario and its too small.

Columbia - The individual areas are cool but they're way to far apart and feel too isolated.

I think Colorado is the only map I actively dislike and avoid. I love every other map. :shrug:

Sapienza is definitely the best.

Yeah I agree. I feel like Colorado, Colombia, and Marrakesh have the same general problem that everything is too far spread out and feels like 2-4 disconnected missions rather than one cohesive area. The same can be said about Sgail too, imo, but I enjoyed it more because the level story/atmosphere.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mumbai and Miami would be tied for me in a top 3 and I would put Bangkok lower than Colorado. I like Colorado for being different even if that makes it fairly difficult; Bangkok is confusing to navigate IMO and too much of the map is locked down for my liking.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Best:
Sapienza
Hokkaido
Miami

Worst:
Marrakesh
Colorado
Colombia

i found it better to rate them based on best map, favourite map, best mission, and favourite mission

for example, i reckon sapienza is the best map, but it has a poo poo mission because it doesn't use that map very well. hokkaido is my favourite map, but it's not the best map because it's windy and hard to navigate. colorado is a poo poo map, but it doesn't have a poo poo mission. marrakesh is a bad map, but marrakesh at night is a good map because it cuts out the bad parts.

my top 3 maps are sapienza, miami, and mumbai. my favourite maps are hokkaido and miami. i don't like or dislike mumbai, but i think it's one of the best maps.

what are your thoughts?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

patient zero is best mission by far.

e: I think hokkaido is at least in the top 3 for best map, with sapienza and miami being close contenders. Mumbai would be in there as well (replace sapienza) , except I don't like the slums' attack on my framerate and the enforcers/crowds mechanic gets old fast.

double nine fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 21, 2019

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Miami is my favorite map. There’s so much to do, the atmosphere is more fun than other maps and you have two distinct halves of the map that can still be utilized together if you wanted to.

It’s certainly no where close to the most challenging map, but I love it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Top 3:

Sapienza
Mumbai
Miami

Bottom 3:

Marrakesh
Bangkok
Colombia

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Not really. After playing the first one for 100+hrs and the game literally giving you a HUD-marking, hand-holding, story guide through every map enabled by default and unlimited manual saves, you'd have to be stupid as hell or intentionally slowing yourself down to not fly through the second one in a matter of hours. Hell, the sheer curiosity of knowing what levels are next and being able to start them immediately after a botched 0-score run probably made like every casual player sprint through it just as fast.

I'd be interested to see the percentage of players who beat all the levels and quit vs the folks who got 100% mastery. I wouldn't be surprised if the number is something like 80/20 and everyone in this thread is in the latter group.

It sure rustled that posters jimmies.

I bought the expensive edition of H2 because I like the series. I have really only played Miami and Columbia, with only walking around Mumbai a little without actually killing any targets.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Maps I love most:
Japan
Miami
Mumbai (made my computer sad tho)
Sapienza

Weakest map award:
Colorado

Missions I love most:
Hawke's Bay
Miami
Paris
Whittleton

Weakest mission award:
Club 27

Master SA/SO gently caress this poo poo award:
Club 27

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I literally had to buy new ram for Mumbai.

Imo the worst SASO is sgail, since you have almost no options of dealing with the twins.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 21, 2019

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Cojawfee posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That was actually painful to look at.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Shootman

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Well it's not called Chokeman for a reason, DUH

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Don't you...have to pacify guys during the tutorial?

Though that's not totally surprising, per steam statistics I think only like 60% of players ever play past the first 15 minutes of any given game or something

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Well, yeah, but...

That 44% pacify someone is the achievement with higher % of completion. Only 20% have played the first two missions, violently, stealthily or however. So it seems like half of the people who bought the game, haven't really played it, it went directly to their backlog.
Or the achievements are screwed, one of the two.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:sigh:

guys, Hitman 2's tutorial is available for free (i.e. Hawke's bay) and that means everyone and their mother has added it and idled for cards without playing it. That's why achievements are wonked

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, yeah, but...

That 44% pacify someone is the achievement with higher % of completion. Only 20% have played the first two missions, violently, stealthily or however. So it seems like half of the people who bought the game, haven't really played it, it went directly to their backlog.
Or the achievements are screwed, one of the two.

Achievements and opportunities and half the gameplay features are fully and totally hosed if you have bad internet and can't reliably play online.

I've experienced the frustration of this myself when I had some internet outages due to physical damage to the cables connected to my house, and the sheer downgrade in playability and quality of life in the game make it almost feel like it's not worth playing at all.

Thanks, online-only DRM bullshit.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

StrixNebulosa posted:

:sigh:

guys, Hitman 2's tutorial is available for free (i.e. Hawke's bay) and that means everyone and their mother has added it and idled for cards without playing it. That's why achievements are wonked

Go check this stuff on PS4 if you want the real numbers.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Go check this stuff on PS4 if you want the real numbers.

Shhhh, 84.4%
Unseen Assassin 39.7%

Cleared for Field Duty 30.3% (ICA)
Infiltrator 30.3% (Hawke’s Bay)
Damage Control 15.4% (Miami)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Colorado is a significantly better map now with foliage added and the fixed sightcones. It's still not that interesting or dynamic, but it's way less bad than it was in 2016.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Nakar posted:

Colorado is a significantly better map now with foliage added and the fixed sightcones. It's still not that interesting or dynamic, but it's way less bad than it was in 2016.

But is it still the worst map or did these enhancements elevate it amongst some other scrub tier map??

Aug 24, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

But is it still the worst map or did these enhancements elevate it amongst some other scrub tier map??

bangkok is the worst map

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

bangkok is the worst map

Personally I still prefer Bangkok over Colorado.
Doing Colorado SASO was a special kind of hell.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jack Trades posted:

Most of the problem with Colorado was the exit condition, though.

Bangkok just essentially sucks.

edit: otoh i've never done it saso

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 22, 2019

Aug 24, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

once you realise you can SASO colorado without leaving the farmhouse it becomes pretty good

bangkok is just dull and there's only 1 or 2 viable exits

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Bangkok low key has much worse flow and AI scripting issues than Colorado, where the problems, such as they are, are pretty apparent.

Some of this boils down to how much we'd want all maps to accommodate the same identical "ideal" hitman playground map layout, or whether some should have specific gameplay-effecting characteristics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

i think one of the hitman devs once mentioned 'porousness' which is basically how many holes there are in the walls that you can sneak through. for example, hokkaido is very porous unless you're trying to get from the resort into the hospital - compare that to trying to get anywhere else in the map. bangkok has almost no porousness; getting to the top floor of jordan's studio basically involves using the single available pipe, and then climbing one of two sets of stairs. colorado has no porousness because the entire map is just open

good maps have porousness, bad maps don't