Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

We started playing just a bit before Stormblood launched. My first two screenshots:

A year later in summer 2018:

And now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I ignored the last scrapbook, and then I lost my pictures from ARR through Heavensward due to hardware failure :yayclod:

Maximum Smug

Normal smug

un-smug

That's not tobacco.

Just siiiiinging in the raiiin~

Yes. I am rather infatuated with that DRG armor, how could you tell?

The Stormblood DRK quest was good all around. Also those Journal Entries.

I spent a good deal of Heavensward in this glam for every Job. Now it's just for SAM, MNK and DNC.

And then there's red mage, which looks cool at least.

I know I'm re-posting this, but drat if it isn't good.

Veritonsils
Sep 14, 2007

For. Eh. Ver.
Only started in the tail end of last year but I've had a blast playing through it.

Who says DRG has to wear plate armor anyway? poo poo, let's be pirates

RDM and SAM can come too

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
end of heavensward

end of stormblood

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

This is it, chief.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Groggy nard posted:

I know I'm re-posting this, but drat if it isn't good.

Yeah, I had to take a similar shot myself when I recently reached there on my alt.

Not pictured: The shiny green dragoon that ran up and posed cockily behind me shortly after.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Yapping Eevee posted:

Yeah, I had to take a similar shot myself when I recently reached there on my alt.

Not pictured: The shiny green dragoon that ran up and posed cockily behind me shortly after.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/tales_from_the_storm/sidestory_06/#sidestory_06

Reading that gave the scene a little extra oomph to me.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
End of HW:

Today:

Dedekind
Sep 6, 2003

The blasphemer, uncontrite, must be punished mightily.
I only started playing in SB, and this is literally my first FFXIV screenshot...

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Samurai outfit

Love the easter outfit, it's so cute

A starry lominsan night doing Astrologian quest

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

By the way, this is a fun tradition now and y'all have some gorgeous characters.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah, I've never been the sort of person to take a lot of screenshots so it's super nice seeing how other people have shaped their character's look over the course of the story.

While I'm sitting here still a catgirl.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I'm currently at work, but once I get home I'll try my hand at /gpose and post the results here.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I only just started playing a week or so ago, so no pre-SB screenshots (and I haven't found a reshade that doesn't give me a headache quite yet) but here's my dragoon shortly after finishing the ARR job quest.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

So I started back in 2.1 or something on PS4 and long lost the account, here's one of the only pictures I have of her:

Then I went through ARR and heavensward as a Aura,

then half way through heavensward I had a bit of identity crisis and fantasia'd a lot, but my favourite was my hyur,

and just before stormblood and all through it, I have been a femroe and will continue to be going into shadowbringers.

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!
A realm reborn

Heavensward

Stormblood

Post-Stormblood!

Probably gonna change to a tiger or bunny in Shadowbringers, because I do like playing taller characters.

Leofish posted:

End of HW:

Today:

I like this progression from young hopeful adventurer to grizzled veteran.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

MG42 posted:

I like this progression from young incredibly stoned adventurer to grizzled veteran wondering who smoked all his good weed.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Less exciting than some here, I guess? I have a billion screenshots but most are horrible because I have no aesthetic sense. :geno: Don't have any from ARR since I didn't start until midway through Heavensward, but...

End of Heavensward!

And Stormblood!

(Not shown: briefer periods of fantasia addiction.)

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I normally hate both this hat and coat but you pulled it off, nice work.

Thank you.

Another one on my WHM. Maybe need a new pair of pants. I used to use Thavnarian poofy pants, but those clip like nobody's business.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I started again in December because my old day one ARR account was bound to a very long lost email.

Day one for Pepper:

Right around the end of ARR

Post ARR hell

Two weeks ago after finishing HW

I really need to stop using steam's screenshot button

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

MG42 posted:

I like this progression from young hopeful adventurer to grizzled veteran.

Thanks, I like it too! I've been enjoying playing a more grizzled character lately. I wanted to age him up before ShB and I think it really fits for jobs like BLM, WAR, and SAM.

Cabbit posted:

I like this progression from young incredibly stoned adventurer to grizzled veteran wondering who smoked all his good weed.

This too. When will we get a pipe emote, SE?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
My very oldest screenshot from 2.1, before we had any good tools to actually take screenshots

And then a screenshot from just after 4.5

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
So here's my first in-game screenshot ever, I think

End of Heavensward:

End of Stormblood, in my dumb gimmick "PI Office" house.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I love this game :allears:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Chaeden posted:

I have and will continue to happily let dipshits die who steal agro, don't use their agro dumps and run away with their loving mob. You want to die so badly enjoy it, me and the healer I queue with will let you die. And if I'm the healer I'll happily leave you to die as well, I have a tank to keep up through the fight and dots to drop, your dumb rear end just put yourself on the bottom of my priority list. You say we are spoiled for our instant queues I'd say learn to do the most basic things to make a run flow smoothly without causing everyone else trouble, there are a thousand more dps that would love your spot and if you act like a rear end in a top hat and do poo poo like sprint as a ninja ahead of the tank to start the fight we have NO obligation to keep you in the group. If you so desperately want to pull and get punched in the face, play tank. You'll live longer and healer is obligated to at least attempt to keep your rear end up. And maybe you'll make the queue better when I decide I feel like playing Summoner or Samurai myself.

As a side note, the only time I ever feel its a little justified for players to do this poo poo is Black Mages trying to offload their foul as quickly as possible and monks hoping to maintain GL. They at least have a decent reason for it even if its not always possible to maintain GL. MAYBE Bards though that'd require their being a bard in my runs that plays well enough to notice they have shiny buttons to press. Ninjas, Samurai, Summoners, Red Mages, ALL HEALERS, Dragoon, Machinist have no reason to and its always the Ninjas that do this idiocy, one would assume that they are ON ninja to facilitate being a idiot. Special mention to the several white mages I've had who rather then be intelligent have SWIFT CAST STONE into a group I'm running to agro so that I miss one AND they lose out on a good holy. Hell even if you WANT to be that idiot on white mage WHY SWIFTCAST STONE?! you have Aero which is instant cast already.

you play on Excalibur? tell me your character name so I can blacklist your salty rear end

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

this is on omega right? i saw that room, it's great

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Beta phase 4 I think? I mostly played THM but dabbled in MRD a bit.

Mid-to-late ARR. I didn't actually play from the beta up until..I think 2.2?

Heavensward

Stormblood

Always Black Mage, Mooncatte for life, blue cat best cat.

drak0nis
Feb 28, 2016
Started playing near the end of HW, 3.4 or 3.5 or so, here's one of the few surviving screenshots

And a fairly recent one,

edit: made these not huge

drak0nis fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 21, 2019

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I see that a few people in this thread have experimented with fedoras in their glamours, so hell, let's share a few of those as well.

Here's my own take on the investigator look...

...and an image from when I was playing with gpose filters, which includes a look that can only be 'used manacutter salesperson'.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't have ARR or HW pictures, on another computer, but

Partway through SB

Near end of SB

Currently DRK Glam

Current WHM glam

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Time for a trip down memory lane.

First time playing the game on Cerberus:

(male hyur underneath all that plate armour)

Fresh new start as a lala on Exalibur:

End of ARR:

Start of HW, new face and new outlook on life:

Mid HW, newer face, same outlook but with more cat:

End of HW, loving MCH (and life):

Start of SB, a newly DRK main:

Now, patiently waiting for more content to die in:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I still have no glams other than my Malachite Dragoon look to share. I'm hoping the third set of Dragoon armor looks good because the second one was butts; Drachen set it still is. Did lead to the discovery that the tail built into the chest armor of set 2 overrides the natural Au Ra tail for some reason.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I can't wait until I get far enough along to have gear that looks like, well, not the stuff one gets from MSQ quests and from buying filler whites (and figuring out how the Glamour system actually works) because I want to show off my femroe too.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Local lizard girl is prepared to call upon bigger, stronger lizard at a moment's notice.

Also

I'm still popping a fantasia once Viera are out.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

ARR was also rough on the glamour front since they didn't unlock until 50, most leveling screenshots were just of folks in their clown suits of varying dyes.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I don't have any shots of when I was progressing through the game, but I have re-started the game a number of times! So I've logged in to my old characters to take a look!

Ok, apparently I deleted my first character. Nothing special though, I got up to Satasha and immediately noped-out with crippling social anxiety when the game asked me to play a Massively Multiplayer Online game with other people. This might have been back in the 2.x days and I was a THM, so wouldn't have looked very interesting back then. I think I was playing a Highlady? Probably found it funny to be a buff wizard.

My second character is still around though!

Don't know when this was, but it was pre-Stormblood, got up to level 30 and then spent a while levelling Archer so I could unlock Warrior. And then dropped the game because I guess because I didn't understand the cross-class system? I don't know, I don't remember. Kind of funny that last time I quit playing because of having to do group content and on my second time round I played a tank, though I still didn't quite care for group stuff, mostly just tolerated it.

My third time I actually stuck with the game!

I seem to keep creating the same character looks-wise? No idea what got me to try the game a third time, but it was I think literally the week SB early access started. Tried a Monk and it stuck, fell in love with the game and even group content this time around.

Alternate MNK glam

BLM glam, really need to finish levelling BLM at some point.

The only 'in progress' shot I have, took this while levelling RDM. Got it to 70, but haven't gotten around to making a glam for it yet. Or really even gearing up, mostly just the lvl70 gear you get from your class quest.

For some reason I've decided to make an alt and replay the MSQ to kill time.

Broke my trend and made a cat girl instead, only just made 30 so the gear isn't very interesting, haven't bothered glamming yet.

EDIT: Man, I really need to learn how to gpose better. All you guy's shots look so much better.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 21, 2019

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

For the yearbook

Also one quick way to make seven pubbies cry.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Two years ago, just as I was starting out at Stormblood's launch:

One year ago:

Today:

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

end of Heavensward

start of Stormblood

end of Stormblood

i got a haircut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Man, if I can't make a Viera ripped as hell I don't know if I would drop some Fantasia on one :sweatdrop: