Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

A Handed Missus posted:

David Benioff described how the Missandei/Grey Worm romance grew as the series progressed: “This evolved, frankly, because these two actors who were supposed to have quite small parts just impressed us. And then it became very interesting to us: What if there was some kind of attraction here, because it’s almost the ultimate Romeo and Juliet story. How is it possible for there to be a love story between a young woman and a young eunuch?”

:hmmyes:

It's not like they removed his prostate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

It's not like they removed his prostate.

The fact that they can boil down generations of family intrigue and reciprocal vengeance to "well this guy doesnt have no balls" is dripping Season 8 juice

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
jamie had 1 fist cast in gold and 1 cast in rubber

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

2DCAT posted:

And then take it a step further into the "Monster A Go-go" movie direction when the last final big bad is cornered... The big bad disappears and a bird comes in that delivers a message with a title card that reads

"Ned Stark, alive, well, with head, and of normal size, some 8,000 miles away in a lifeboat, with no memory of where he has been! Then who, or what, was beheaded? Is it here yet? Or has the cosmic switch been pulled? Case in point: The line between science fiction and science fact is microscopically thin! You have witnessed the line being shaved even thinner! But is the menace with us?"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Bahahahaha, i just watched the clip of Jon shanking Dany, jesus faucking christ this is bad.
Hey, wanna build a new world with me, where everthing is better?
*stab*

She didnt seem very mad to me, he didnt seem very in love with her, this is the final cherry on a cone filled with bullshit.

Emilia Clarke has basically said she wasn't playing Daenerys as crazy, so not only did the writers fail to convince the viewers about her character motivations, but they failed to convince her too.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

is sansa vaping lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:lol:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Forgot how good this movie is.

Thanks Game of Thrones

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The North will be an independent Vape Nation.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The ultimate Romeo and Juliet tale - one comes from a family of people with genitals, the other from a family without.

How can a man without a wiener even have feelings? Wow what a challenging situation the writers have made give them an Emmy.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

poisonpill posted:

Shhhh shhh. It’s over now. The show can’t hurt you anymore.

GURM is still giving weekly book updates.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Emilia Clarke has basically said she wasn't playing Daenerys as crazy, so not only did the writers fail to convince the viewers about her character motivations, but they failed to convince her too.

Enh, I dunno, that doesn't mean very much. It's pretty normal for an actor to not play a crazy character as "crazy".

Apples and oranges, but I remember Ralph Fiennes talking about how important it was to never play the paranoid schizophrenic character Spider as "crazy" - it was his job as an actor to have his character's insane words and actions be completely real and true.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol well Bran's actor sure has the legs of a paraplegic

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Enh, I dunno, that doesn't mean very much. It's pretty normal for an actor to not play a crazy character as "crazy".

Apples and oranges, but I remember Ralph Fiennes talking about how important it was to never play the paranoid schizophrenic character Spider as "crazy" - it was his job as an actor to have his character's insane words and actions be completely real and true.

Marc Alaimo nailed this too for his nutty buddy

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Sinteres posted:

Does she know what "crazy" mean though. She legit doesn't/didn't know what "femme fatale" mean.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tino posted:

Does she know what "crazy" mean though. She legit doesn't/didn't know what "femme fatale" mean.

I'd argue that archetype is kind of archaic

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Necros posted:

i just remembered kit harington is married to ygritte irl so really he won the game of bones

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Macbeth: can a man with no balls satisfy his crazy wife and a kingdom?

Hamlet: can a man with no balls overcome the depression of having no balls and avenge his father?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tino posted:

Her point, I believe, was that saying "femme fatale" is not acting directions which is true.

On the other hand, the film we got when the acting directions improved.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Vengeance is stored in the balls

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Vengeance is stored in the balls

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Oh hey Moolah.

I'm Sansa's vape

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
brans 2 black cords with the orange nozzles at then end is the weirdest penis

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

A Handed Missus posted:

David Benioff described how the Missandei/Grey Worm romance grew as the series progressed: “This evolved, frankly, because these two actors who were supposed to have quite small parts just impressed us. And then it became very interesting to us: What if there was some kind of attraction here, because it’s almost the ultimate Romeo and Juliet story. How is it possible for there to be a love story between a young woman and a young eunuch?”

:hmmyes:

I'm going to wager Benioff has never actually read Romeo and Juliet, or watched a production of it

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Wow Mr “Being a picky eater is worse than being blind, pity me” has bad opinions on things.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm going to wager Benioff has never actually read Romeo and Juliet, or watched a production of it

It's exactly like Romeo and Juliet, but without the families or suicide. Also Romeo doesn't have a dick.

Romeo and Juliet was the one where the guy goes into the woods and turns into a Donkey right?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

HBO does not have literally 1 good show in its entire roster, ever. people just pretend because they like to nut.

I mean, have you ever nut? It's pretty great!

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Extra Large Marge posted:

It's exactly like Romeo and Juliet, but without the families or suicide. Also Romeo doesn't have a dick.

Romeo and Juliet was the one where the guy goes into the woods and turns into a Donkey right?
Shrek, you're thinking of Shrek.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"romeo and juliet is about 2 people in love who arent able to have sex" is what you would assume is an accurate summary if you only read the back of the book dvd case

Who What Now posted:

I mean, have you ever nut? It's pretty great!
it was super great in the beginning when the feeling seemed to last a long time but now its more like :flaccid:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

My j/o sessions used to have a long intricate buildup but drat the reward was worth it. Now it seems like I'm trying my hardest to get it over with. It's like I don't even enjoy the payoff anymore

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who in their right mind would still read those piece of poo poo books? the story ended martin you fat gently caress, there is nothing more than this poo poo

boy what happened to patchface? mmmmmmmmmmm?

also gently caress off with potato head spinoff.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I do think a lot of the character motivations that haven't made any sense on the tv show can probably be explained in part by them amputating large segments of the plot by not having characters like fake Aegon in the show, but GRRM is still dreaming if he thinks the tv show cutting them out hasn't made them less interesting since they feel like inessential bloat now, and impediments to him finishing the loving thing. If he ever does actually complete the books, I'll probably still read or skim them out of curiosity, but I'll mostly just be interested in knowing what differs rather than being super immersed in the story all over again. Whether he likes it or not, I think the tv show is going to be the definitive version for this generation at least.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

PSA that dragons in this show aren't really dragons, but wyverns.

Hth.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

sweet thursday posted:

My j/o sessions used to have a long intricate buildup but drat the reward was worth it. Now it seems like I'm trying my hardest to get it over with. It's like I don't even enjoy the payoff anymore
GoT.txt

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Paranoid Peanut posted:

PSA that dragons in this show aren't really dragons, but wyverns.

Hth.

I literally drunkenly explained this in detail to my wife at some point when we were rewatching the series

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Oh hey Moolah.

I'm Sansa's vape

I'm Bran's actor permanently skipping leg day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

i don't think bran's actor goes to the gym at all