Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

When are they gonna fix getting stuck in trees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

VulgarandStupid posted:

When are they gonna fix getting stuck in trees?

Just stop taking the "cat" perk.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They have a post on reddit announcing that they will ban for racism on the official servers.

Problem is they're a tiny team who's never dealt with community management before and I'm pretty sure their entire moderation effort is one guy on discord who you have to PM reports to.

edit:

im not convinced the team that doesnt have black people in their game are concerned about racism

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Motherfucker posted:

If you press H while manning the catapult you can kinda get a sense where your team is so you can murder them

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

As a former frustrated bad I was kinda throwing my hands up and thinking I'd never get better, but after asking some people who destroyed me on duel servers for tips, more than one of them actually respawned with some training swords and showed me some moves, and I am now slightly less bad :unsmith:

Game is starting to click for me and it's super cool when you start to be able to properly chamber things and stuff.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Larry Parrish posted:

im not convinced the team that doesnt have black people in their game are concerned about racism

I, racistdefender88, am telling you they're gonna be in there any day now bro!! This therefore spares them over from criticism today and forever for not just loving taking the effort to open with it thus permanently initially dogwhistling a bunch of shitheads forever.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

I can understand wanting to nitpick about realism if that's something the developers of any given game are actually going for, like the more sperg-ey car or airplane simulators, but mordhau is not and never was intended to have a completely realistic setting so yeah it's best to tune that out. Like the time period is clearly "1500s.... give or take" which is a really good place to settle. Lots of very cool technology development in the armor and weaponry in the hundred years on either side.

Try a variance of many hundreds of years. The arming sword is a pre norman viking blade and the burgonet is a gunpowder era helmet form. It's not possible to really put together an accurate harness of any time period and most of the costume selection is pure fantasy.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Also there’s pretty hefty evidence that half the weapons didn’t even exist at all, given that the Middle Ages in their entirety are a fabrication by our machine overlords to keep us docile in our electricity generating dream tubes.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drone_Fragger posted:

Also there’s pretty hefty evidence that half the weapons didn’t even exist at all, given that the Middle Ages in their entirety are a fabrication by our machine overlords to keep us docile in our electricity generating dream tubes.

Reported to machine overlords for termination

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If it was set as a distinct period in the early 16th century every piece of t3 leg armor would have a massive hollow codpiece.

It would be cool to have another game that wasnt generic medieval fantasy and did pick a specific time period but then the smelly vikings would riot and nobody wants to deal with angry smelly vikings.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Why DOESNT this game have massive hollow codpieces

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah there's not a lot of dick-oriented legwear and I'm pretty upset about it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That's more a 16th century / gunpowder era thing and there's not a lot of it game. The maximilian chest and burgonet helm abouts.

I've been topfraggin with the Bardiche lately and I love it. Had the first I'm a golden god moment where I took on 6 people by myself and came out on top through movement and getting them to hit each other instead of me and then picking them off one by one with headshots.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 21, 2019

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Anyone else always prefer the losing side? My friends and I chant "ALWAYS RED" every Frontline game but I've started playing Blue on Taiga because I just don't enjoy that map at all on red. It feels like you have to run so far to find combat compared to the other maps.

Is there some reward for winning games vs. losing that I'm not aware of? It doesn't seem to effect gold/exp as far as I can tell.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAardvark posted:

Anyone else always prefer the losing side? My friends and I chant "ALWAYS RED" every Frontline game but I've started playing Blue on Taiga because I just don't enjoy that map at all on red. It feels like you have to run so far to find combat compared to the other maps.

Is there some reward for winning games vs. losing that I'm not aware of? It doesn't seem to effect gold/exp as far as I can tell.

Yeah I'm pretty unique in this regard among my friends, I really don't give a poo poo about winning or losing if there's not a gold reward.

I still try my hardest every round but frankly being on the losing team just means a more target rich environment :getin:

Parachute
May 18, 2003
maybe im just getting older but between this and apex i am totally fine with getting slaughtered constantly and coming back with only the memories of my shortcomings like im tom cruise in the groundhog movie.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I wouldn't mind losing at Frontline half as much if the majority of my teammates were playing it as Frontline instead of Team Deathmatch with occasional spawn point relocation. :argh:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

oldskool posted:

I wouldn't mind losing at Frontline half as much if the majority of my teammates were playing it as Frontline instead of Team Deathmatch with occasional spawn point relocation. :argh:

Is it not?

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

oldskool posted:

Agreed. I'm on the "Always Blue!" train, because I don't particularly care about winning, but goddamn do I get salty when I join a team with a bunch of archers and lute players not playing the points.

The lute thing was clever for about a day. It is still slightly amusing on duel servers, but it is absolutely just trolling on Frontline, and I throw a kick out to the backsides of every one I pass.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

cerebral posted:

Agreed. I'm on the "Always Blue!" train, because I don't particularly care about winning, but goddamn do I get salty when I join a team with a bunch of archers and lute players not playing the points.

The lute thing was clever for about a day. It is still slightly amusing on duel servers, but it is absolutely just trolling on Frontline, and I throw a kick out to the backsides of every one I pass.

You suck nerd

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yeah for real guys like you make me wanna lute up

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

get on the dang point and/or build up a wall and/or knock down one of theirs!

or play lute. lute jams are always welcome regardless of team

fake edit:

cerebral posted:

:jail2: morale boosting is not trolling
:banjo::black101:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

people aren't taking video games seriously :qq:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I love stupid stuff like this and I hope they don't fix it

https://twitter.com/JoeJoeFine/status/1130424214652170240?s=19

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Some of my most fun games I've just been running around like a madman with only a lute. Sometimes the other team takes mercy and lets you play and sometimes your teammates will rally to defend you. Or sometimes people will just get really mad at you and charge headlong into a group of like 10 of your allies just to get a chance to smash in your unprotected skull

Lute class is best class imo

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

You roleplay a lovely busker, I'll roleplay a music critic.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

cerebral posted:

Look at this tryhard philistine. Just no drat respect for the arts. Shameful.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
It's funny I guess, but people who think they're the height of hilarity screaming about lutes and being immune to attack are silly. If you're going to play lutes, then run away if someone is chasing you down instead of effectively just idling somewhere. Also actually play your lute.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I beat a lot of people to death with the lute but nothing gets me harder than killing those that get mad about lutes. And its easy because that personality lacks the ability to be good at anything.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

I wouldn't mind lutes if there was a volume control for them in the settings.

Everyone plays the same few songs and they all sound bad.

e: Or even if the press K to mute thing worked for lutes, though that wouldn't be as good.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I love to have lute players around, especially if they actually do something like defend the backline, help neutralize etc

If they just stay in the spawn playing the lute they get the foot

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

cerebral posted:

You roleplay a lovely busker, I'll roleplay a music critic.

You arent qualified to understand the depths of my lute jazz.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

When I hear the same joke over and over, at a certain point I stop laughing, after hearing it a few more times, I get annoyed. Same thing with lute playing. No one is doing anything new or creative, they're just repeating the same joke over and over again and expecting people to appreciate it. I don't. Ya basic.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

cerebral posted:

When I hear the same joke over and over, at a certain point I stop laughing, after hearing it a few more times, I get annoyed. Same thing with lute playing. No one is doing anything new or creative, they're just repeating the same joke over and over again and expecting people to appreciate it. I don't. Ya basic.

gb2gbs

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Jack the Lad posted:

I wouldn't mind lutes if there was a volume control for them in the settings.

Everyone plays the same few songs and they all sound bad.

e: Or even if the press K to mute thing worked for lutes, though that wouldn't be as good.

No

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Lute volume needs another buff imo

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

cerebral posted:

The opposite of love is indifference, friend. If you're getting annoyed than maybe you're a punchline.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cerebral posted:

*lute noises*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

It's okay I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Mordhau/comments/bqh3if/how_2_mute_lute/

quote:

Right click Mordhau -> Properties -> Local files -> Browse local files

Delete every sound file in the Instruments folder. Then open the Lute Chords folder and delete every file in there. Your instruments folder should be empty except for the LuteChords folder which should also be empty.

Enjoy no more lute sounds.

Jack the Lad fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 21, 2019