Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jesus Christ that slam onto the edge of the ladder is up there with the dumbest loving poo poo I’ve seen in a ring, who thought that was a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

Jesus Christ that slam onto the edge of the ladder is up there with the dumbest loving poo poo I’ve seen in a ring, who thought that was a good idea

Finn saw that asking for a release doesn't work so he's goin' for the sweet release of death

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

the escape goat posted:

Finn saw that asking for a release doesn't work so he's goin' for the sweet release of death

This idea made me think of the Kids in the Hall sketch about compensation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv43UsG6fhY&t=1s

https://twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1129408453317939201

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 21, 2019

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1130745351617560576

Big Woke Kevin Nash

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

i have much love for large kevin

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That’s my second favourite Kevin Nash thing, after him watching the Cornette interview about him and nodding wisely when he said side slam

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jackknife powerbomb the patriarchy, Kev

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Big Kev even labels himself a "centrist democrat" on his bio.

I mean, yes, die centrist scum, but probably among the best possible opinions for very rich very old wrestler.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Hellblazer187 posted:

Big Kev even labels himself a "centrist democrat" on his bio.

I mean, yes, die centrist scum, but probably among the best possible opinions for very rich very old wrestler.

Why do you say that?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm pretty sure the only good wrestlers politically are ZSJ and Excalibur.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Hangman is good

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Yes. But if I had to have a very tall wrestler as a dad, I'd rather Nash than Taker, you know what I mean?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kev supports BLM so he's probably not nearly as centrist as he thinks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1130849727249911808

Lacey should probably just quit at this point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

in a wider political spectrum, Nash is very centrist. However, since the politics of the US have shifted so far right that we debate the semantics of torture and child incarceration, he comes off as pretty left leaning.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

All jokes about WCW and Wrestling persona aside Kevin puts a lot of value in money. More out of anxiety and self-protection than pure greed. Probably skews towards the socially liberal and fiscally conservative label.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

All jokes about WCW and Wrestling persona aside Kevin puts a lot of value in money. More out of anxiety and self-protection than pure greed. Probably skews towards the socially liberal and fiscally conservative label.

He also grew up poor, which tends to change how people see money.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

coconono posted:

in a wider political spectrum, Nash is very centrist. However, since the politics of the US have shifted so far right that we debate the semantics of torture and child incarceration, he comes off as pretty left leaning.

well yes if you widen anything out forever eventually you will round off into the center, which is why context is important when he specifically calls out democrat.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mayu Iwatani has a good dog.

https://twitter.com/MayuIwatani/status/1130855276200878083

Pochi rules.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Becky making wise cranks about Wrestlers doing Cameo videos is pretty near the knuckle stuff. People/wrestlers think doing that makes you seem less of a Superstar. Also the recent Lio Rush thing and general WWE pay issues. Ideally, WWE shouldn't feel the need to do those videos financially.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm ok with Big E doing those videos because he's funny and it fits his character.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Big Huski Boi posted:

Hangman is good

Good point, forgot his good opinions on unions.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

Becky making wise cranks about Wrestlers doing Cameo videos is pretty near the knuckle stuff. People/wrestlers think doing that makes you seem less of a Superstar. Also the recent Lio Rush thing and general WWE pay issues. Ideally, WWE shouldn't feel the need to do those videos financially.
theres a million things you could point to that make the wrestlers seem like less of a Superstar before you got around to them making some shoutout videos

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Carnies gonna carnie

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Please be like the skipper and never leave home without your sun protection

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxuE2RGhDO0/?igshid=1lrphgifig2xe

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m so glad weird kazu didn’t really die :unsmith:

E: I kinda wish they’d saved the return of the rainmaker entrance for MSG though

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

jesus WEP posted:

I’m so glad weird kazu didn’t really die :unsmith:

E: I kinda wish they’d saved the return of the rainmaker entrance for MSG though

Same. I have a feeling if Kenny hadn’t left they might have done that.

I believe but don’t quote me is that Omega would have won at Wrestle Kingdom, then would have lost to a Rainmaker Okada at the MSG show, setting up the rematch at Dominion.

It explains the hamhanded Tana/Jay/Okada handling of the belt.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Djarum posted:

Same. I have a feeling if Kenny hadn’t left they might have done that.

I believe but don’t quote me is that Omega would have won at Wrestle Kingdom, then would have lost to a Rainmaker Okada at the MSG show, setting up the rematch at Dominion.

It explains the hamhanded Tana/Jay/Okada handling of the belt.

The issue with that is that I feel like it totally ruins Tanahashi's story. Like, Kenny's whole build was "You're a broken down relic who can't go and thinks his style is the best way" and then... he'd just win and be right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gaz-L posted:

The issue with that is that I feel like it totally ruins Tanahashi's story. Like, Kenny's whole build was "You're a broken down relic who can't go and thinks his style is the best way" and then... he'd just win and be right?

Worked for HHH at WM 19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean Jay sorta proved Omega right anyway, it just took a little longer.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

IcePhoenix posted:

Worked for HHH at WM 19

But Okada and Tanahashi are the same race :confused:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1130942190782431232

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DavidArquette/status/1130713357940428801

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think this even makes the top 5 of worst Brock-related endings to a PPV.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cody prove you're not a cop calling piece of poo poo like your brother and sign Nick Gage

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I just looked up New Blood Rising on wikipedia

quote:

Lance Storm (c) defeated Mike Awesome Canadian Rules match* for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship

*"Canadian Rules" means that, instead of a traditional three-count, the referee must administer a five-count. Following the five-count, the competitor has to stay down for ten seconds. If both men are down for a ten-count for any reason, the first man who gets to his feet wins the match. In addition, there are no submissions and no count-outs.

what the gently caress :confused:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

is pepsi ok posted:

It's legit one of the worst ppv's ever and it's hilarious.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So Big E was Canadian all along?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

nick gage is an american folk hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

is pepsi ok posted:

Having Lance hold that belt, the 100kg championship (Cruiserweight) and the poo poo belt at the same time was amazing.