Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

A hospital in the area was locked down last year because of some dude with one of these

Need me one of these but styled like an AR15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOmLAqHY8Lo

I don't know why this was in my recommended videos but this video sure screams stuff I can buy on aliexpress.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

coldpudding posted:

I went looking for a particular carving bit for my rotary tool but instead I found the deadliest angle grinder attachment

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80-...sAbTest=ae803_4
I have not done the math But I am pretty sure that if one of those blades came off at full speed it would go clean through you.

I don't know if I did the math RIGHT, but I tinkered with google, and estimated one of the blades to get the weight. 384 lbf at 13,000 RPM. Which is written on the angle grinder there.

More googling says that's about what an AR15 round can do in terms of impact energy.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Guess What

I'll report back when it arrives

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RIP

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

I don't know what purpose this product serves or who the target consumer is but it dunks on Trump so I put it in my shopping cart regardless

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/baIjscHa

Aliexpress: It's a diarrhea Trump

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super sweet best pal posted:

Aliexpress: It's a diarrhea Trump

5 more years of diarrhea

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

A hospital in the area was locked down last year because of some dude with one of these

A blade so powerful you don't even need to draw it
ordering rn

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

coldpudding posted:

Guess What

You're actually going to use this thing? Please make a video.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

s.i.r.e. posted:

You're actually going to use this thing? Please make a video.

And ask your next of kin to post it to Liveleak.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

coldpudding posted:

Guess What

Make sure to report when it arrives, if you wait until you try it we might never hear from you again.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

coldpudding posted:

Guess What

hell yes

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Enos Shenk posted:

I don't know if I did the math RIGHT, but I tinkered with google, and estimated one of the blades to get the weight. 384 lbf at 13,000 RPM. Which is written on the angle grinder there.

More googling says that's about what an AR15 round can do in terms of impact energy.

Please don't die for the sake of this thread.

I'm quite happy to laugh at posters who get a rash on their naughty bits as a result of an Ali purchase, but this is a bit too much.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Black Feather posted:

Make sure to report when it arrives, if you wait until you try it we might never hear from you again.
well if he cuts his/her hands off they can do text to speech

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
International shipping is fascinating. I ordered a pair of shoes from some random Amazon seller (couldn't find the same style on Ali, surprisingly) and it was shipped China Post, who then handed it off to FedEx, who then handed it off to USPS. It took exactly two weeks to arrive. I was honestly expecting three or four.

Meanwhile, I've had domestic shipments take a week or more to travel less than halfway across a single country. :argh:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Shipping prices are all out of whack too, even if they're subsidized by the state. I ordered some components for a project I'm very slowly tinkering away at for €0.90 with free shipping, and another piece with €0.72 shipping.
Even ignoring the crazy low component cost, if I want to send a letter or postcard to someone through domestic mail, the stamp alone costs 83 cents. And this poo poo's coming all the way from China.

I'm not complaining, but I do wonder how long they'll be able to keep it up.

On another note, some time ago someone itt posted about buying a reproduction of those Skull Kid figurines that came with the US limited edition Majora's Mask 3D. There's a bunch of sellers peddling those now, are there any specifically good ones I should buy from? Or should I just take a quick look through their reviews and pick whichever one looks good?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

coldpudding posted:

Guess What

And thus did "lost fingat" become part of the Aliexpress thread.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
please practice safe "blood for the blood god"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yeah if you get an STI than you're only serving the plague god.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

coldpudding posted:

Guess What

YOu should probably call the suicide prevention hotline :ohdear:

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Bummey posted:

Well duh you don't buy the actual blades from ali, or need to spend $70. You buy the knockoff handle from ali for $8 and hundreds of razors from not ali, for under $20 total. Mine has worked great and I won't be running out of razors for years.

I mean. As said a Parker handle is like $20, and your grandchildren will still be using it assuming you ever have any. I don't really see the point of going Ali for the thing that holds the sharp blade next to your face.
:shrug:
Maybe I'm not cut out for diarrhea trumpets.

Geemer posted:

Shipping prices are all out of whack too, even if they're subsidized by the state. I ordered some components for a project I'm very slowly tinkering away at for €0.90 with free shipping, and another piece with €0.72 shipping.
Even ignoring the crazy low component cost, if I want to send a letter or postcard to someone through domestic mail, the stamp alone costs 83 cents. And this poo poo's coming all the way from China.

It's one part that letters in China and the US may cross the border freely, and I would imagine that China has really cheap domestic rates. What seems to be happening is that small packages are being sent grandpa style as letters which only vaguely come in under size and weight requirements, and not actually as packages. From there it's all about weird old trade treaties. TLDR stamps in the US cost an ever-increasing amount so Chinese postage doesn't have to. We do a lot of stupid things like this.

BTW the "mainstream media" were all in a huge huff end of last year because they swore Trump was sticking it to China pulling out of the postal agreement that makes this possible. You can still find all the news articles about it. It was really a bluff to help Palestine get in on the agreement, which they did. So now people in Palestine can get lovely Chinese crap too.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

revwinnebago posted:

I mean. As said a Parker handle is like $20, and your grandchildren will still be using it assuming you ever have any. I don't really see the point of going Ali for the thing that holds the sharp blade next to your face.
:shrug:
Maybe I'm not cut out for diarrhea trumpets.

Read reviews first, of course. Not Ali reviews, because those are garbage and useless and mostly autotranslated gibberish.

The Q Shave clone of that other thing has been working great for me.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

coldpudding posted:

Guess What

I believe it will go like this

At hospital lost fingat

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol all they responded with was "Dear please be patient"

I'd open a claim then, that's dumb. A lot of sellers will work with you, but if they're stonewalling with that poo poo then gently caress them.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Bummey posted:

Read reviews first, of course. Not Ali reviews, because those are garbage and useless and mostly autotranslated gibberish.

"Perfect! Came in damaged box, haven't tested yet." 5/5
*picture of crumpled box and slightly dinged product*

"Just as advertised. One of the pieces didn't work." 5/5

"Arrived after 40 days." 5/5
*picture of unopened package w/ full address visible*

"Did not taste like lemon. Rip off!" 1/5
*picture of HE SCREAM AT OWN rear end pin*

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I'd open a claim then, that's dumb. A lot of sellers will work with you, but if they're stonewalling with that poo poo then gently caress them.

lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I ordered a squishy pig and its been 90 days. The seller says "don't worry we mailed it, be patient." 90 days is pretty long for a squishy pig.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

I ordered a squishy pig and its been 90 days. The seller says "don't worry we mailed it, be patient." 90 days is pretty long for a squishy pig.
If it's one of those splat pigs: speaking from experience, you'll wait for the pig an order of magnitude longer than the pig itself will last. :smith:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

What's funny? It's not hard to get a refund from AE if your poo poo never arrives and the seller is unresponsive.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

What's funny? It's not hard to get a refund from AE if your poo poo never arrives and the seller is unresponsive.

the seller responded and the poo poo will arrive

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah I'll probably just try to get the protection extended for a bit. My order is just a few of those crab pen holders so theres no urgent need. At least mine is not as urgent as a squishy pig is.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I really wanna squash a squish pig with my two pig squashers.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

Mind you, it does seem very thin for paracord. It feels like shoelaces rather than something you would drop out of an aeroplane with

I mean yeah, obviously don't use it for actual parachuting purposes, but it should be fine as general-purpose cord for camping etc. :)

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

coldpudding posted:

Guess What

Can you do me a favor and post up any instructions that come with it before you sever the tendons in your hand and/or embed cheap steel into your chest cavity? I want to see how they want you to use this nightmare tool.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Please have a tourniquet on hand as well.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Honestly just preemptively call 911

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I mean yeah, obviously don't use it for actual parachuting purposes, but it should be fine as general-purpose cord for camping etc. :)

Maybe I have been spoilt with what I understand 'paracord' to be and the stuff I have previously bought has been higher spec than the standard, but this feels thin. At first, I thought they had manufactured it without any inner strands at all - when you squeeze it flat, it is only 2mm thick. I did open it up and it has 6 strands after all, so maybe I don't know what real paracord should feel like.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Killingyouguy! posted:

Honestly just preemptively call 911

*hands phone* I've already dialed 9-1 for you, fire it up!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
have some incredibly realistic hacked-off limbs:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bCZGgVve

you want a severed penis? you're covered too:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cjMxprKu

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK