Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Play posted:

Man I don't agree with this at all. He does a great job planting his front foot, using his hips to transfer weight and generate force. The one thing is his follow-through relies a bit too much on his arm sometimes, especially for short and midrange throws. But that's okay, honestly, because he's still accurate. Overall he has good weight transfer, he uses his hips in to generate force as he moves from his front to his back leg... all things you generally want from a quarterback.

I went looking for an example and found a throwing motion video and this throw in particular which is a nice long touchdown throw from the 40 yard line, which will show his mechanics when he needs to get the ball somewhere far away. He sets well, steps into it and transfers the weight with great timing. You can also see how whiplike his arm is in the elbow and shoulder when he throws.

You're supposed to plant your front foot when throwing?

He's literally all arm. He leans on his front foot and that's bad mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Doltos posted:

You're supposed to plant your front foot when throwing?

He's literally all arm. He leans on his front foot and that's bad mechanics.

He puts his front foot out with his weight on his back foot, then transfers the weight forward while twisting his hips and his torso to generate force. His arm and shoulder do their thing and he releases the ball. The weight ends more to the front foot at the end. That's how you throw a football.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
more like Dwayne Fatkins.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Play posted:

He puts his front foot out with his weight on his back foot, then transfers the weight forward while twisting his hips and his torso to generate force. His arm and shoulder do their thing and he releases the ball. The weight ends more to the front foot at the end. That's how you throw a football.

He puts almost no weight on his back foot that's the issue. You're supposed to drive off your back foot, not plant your front foot and lightly drive off your back foot. He whips his arms, it's his whole throwing motion.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Haskins' best trait is his mental processing, which is a pretty good thing tbh

Mentally processing being on the Redskins takes its toll

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Speaking of NFC East QBs, I hadn't realized that Geno Smith was the first African American quarterback to ever start for the Giants, only 30 years after every other team in the NFC East. I guess it will be another 30 years before we see it again. In case it's not obvious, they were the last NFL team to never start a black qb.

good job on your racist franchise Giants fans :thumbsup:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Is Washington actually planning to start Haskins this season or do they want him to ride the bench for a while? I'd imagine they plan to have him start because the other option is what, Colt McCoy?

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

axeil posted:

Is Washington actually planning to start Haskins this season or do they want him to ride the bench for a while? I'd imagine they plan to have him start because the other option is what, Colt McCoy?

They also have Case Keenum on the roster.

I expect to see Haskins starting this year, although I guess there's a possibility it won't be week 1 (it will be week 1).

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

NotWearingPants posted:

Speaking of NFC East QBs, I hadn't realized that Geno Smith was the first African American quarterback to ever start for the Giants, only 30 years after every other team in the NFC East. I guess it will be another 30 years before we see it again. In case it's not obvious, they were the last NFL team to never start a black qb.

good job on your racist franchise Giants fans :thumbsup:

They probably hope to go another 30 years before doing it again after seeing what Geno could do.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

axeil posted:

McCoy is still hurt and may not play for awhile thanks to Washington loving up and rushing his return. They specifically got Keenum so they wouldn't be forced to start Haskins (or reach in the draft) but nobody is fooled.

It's an "open competition" so my guess is that Haskins has to royally gently caress up not to start. Gruden's job is on the line and I think the best way for him to keep it is to show how much of a QB whisperer he is.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

axeil posted:

I think it'll be week 1 but if it isn't I doubt it'd be later than like week 4. He's just a completely different creature than Keenum and I think once everyone starts seeing him throw the ball around they'll be into it. I also think he's got the smarts to keep up in terms of playbook and such

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Play posted:

front foot in

front foot out

Hokey Pokey etc

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

front foot in

front foot out

Hokey Pokey etc

exactly

except in this case the "hokey pokey" refers to a 50 yard bullet of a touchdown pass up the seam :snoop:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah, I hate Washington and all but it's a little weird to be totally down on Haskins before he even takes a snap. I don't pretend to know a lot about mechanics, analyzing film and I hardly ever watch college games but sticking him on this franchise...I doubt we'll even get a chance to know if he is worth a poo poo or not.

Washington has tons of issues all over the field and especially in the front office so the kid is almost hosed before he even takes the field and that's a shame. Washington has done exactly Jack and poo poo since Snyder took over that team and I don't have any reason to believe that will change.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/executives/SnydDa0.htm

139-180-1 since 1999 with a highest win total of 10 (3x) and not one playoff win in a division where every other team has multiple playoff wins and a few championships. Tons of money spent on free agents.

This team will never go anywhere with that jackass owner.

I'm cool with that.
Yeah you can't have hope while that dipshit still owns the team. The fact that management went running after a player is a sure sign that one should worry as they have been historically baaaaad at it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Even a stopped watch can draft Baker Mayfield, or something.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chris Long has officially retired.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
RIP

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/LacesOutShow/status/1130549093141553152

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol it's hilarious that it looks like Zeek just leans on him a bit and sends him and the barrier spilling over. I know he must have pushed him with his right arm but it still looks funny

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

lol it's hilarious that it looks like Zeek just leans on him a bit and sends him and the barrier spilling over. I know he must have pushed him with his right arm but it still looks funny

Nah he didn't push him at all really. The guy was backing away from him really hard and backed himself right over the fence I think

e: I'd be doing the exact same thing tbh lol. They don't pay security guards nearly enough to make getting the poo poo beat out of you by Zeke Elliot worth it

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As long as it was being recorded, I'd happily get decked by Zeke as long as it means he gets suspended.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

pft, gently caress that. I'm extorting his rear end with the video. give me half a game check (before taxes) and we're quits

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Foster out with ACL. Redskins even more cursed than usual.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

pft, gently caress that. I'm extorting his rear end with the video. give me half a game check (before taxes) and we're quits

The guy who took the video is the one who gets to reap the extortionary benefits. The guy who got socked in the face by an NFL player... well, I just told you what he gets

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah but in the scenario presented, you're volunteering to get punched. in that case you'd probably have control of who's taking video

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

yeah but in the scenario presented, you're volunteering to get punched. in that case you'd probably have control of who's taking video

conspiracy to commit extortion. I LIKE IT!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Play posted:

conspiracy to commit extortion. I LIKE IT!!

I wish I could have this clip play over my head irl when I like something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6F6u5TIUbI

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I can't stand Zeke or the Cowboys but, to be fair, nothing in that video shows anything that led up to that. The other dude might have gotten in his face or been touchy or rude with the women he was with. Or hosed with his friends.

I'm sure when you're famous and out and about, you're constantly being tested and hosed with by men and women alike, many of whom are simply looking for a payday. Charles Barkley and a lot of famous fighters used to talk about going out and constantly being challenged by drunkenly brave fools. I'm sure it gets old.

That said, I can't for the life of me understand why so many of these players put themselves in situations like this where they make themselves vulnerable, knowing everyone is filming them. I think a lot about dudes getting popped for DUI at 4am, busted with hookers or driving around with 2 pounds of weed. God drat, you're rich enough to hire a 24/7 chauffeur and 5 bodyguards. You have a loving mansion you can lay back and party in safely with loads of women happy to come over and party with you. Smoke all the weed you want and have a fun sex life.

I guess its probably more fun going out clubbing when you're the man and have unlimited income and sometimes I forget how young these cats really are, but maybe look out for your 5 year career a little bit and just steer clear of trouble, knowing there are hundreds of unscrupulous motherfuckers dying to get you on TMZ.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Considering his long history of being a piece of poo poo and the other guy just being some dude working security for some event that let himself fall over railing to avoid escalation, I think it's safe to say it's just the ewok being a piece of poo poo as always.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Which is the bigger gap in talent?

Saquon Barkley <-----------------> Ezekiel Elliott <-----------------> the rest of the RBs in the NFC East

Play
Apr 25, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Which is the bigger gap in talent?

Saquon Barkley <-----------------> Ezekiel Elliott <-----------------> the rest of the RBs in the NFC East

Between Barkley and Zeke. Hall of famer Adrian Peterson is above Zeke anyways, so the gap between him and Zeke is a negative number

Barkley is just on a completely different level, he truly does have it all. It's a real shame he's going to waste his most productive years and probably get injured from being ridden so drat hard by these incredibly lovely Giants teams we will see in the next few years

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'd like to think pederson gets kept out of the hall for being an unrepentant child abuser, but that's pretty low on the egregious bar for the NFL to keep him out.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Asproigerosis posted:

I'd like to think pederson gets kept out of the hall for being an unrepentant child abuser, but that's pretty low on the egregious bar for the NFL to keep him out.

doug did what now

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jota posted:

doug did what now

Adrian dude.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Quiet Feet posted:

Adrian dude.

Peterson.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I got super pissed off for a second there

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Foster out with ACL. Redskins even more cursed than usual.

No one even noticed this post

It’s become entirely expected. The curse is bitter and unrelenting.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't see the point in bringing it up cause it's just gonna be one of many broken legs in Washington

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

predicto posted:

No one even noticed this post

It’s become entirely expected. The curse is bitter and unrelenting.

Washington should pursue a trade for Zach Brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmfao Peterson is first ballot