Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Okay I spent a loving week downloading the game and whenever I launch the game I get a black screen and music and Jack poo poo else. What gives? My old computer ran the game (with poo poo frame rate, but it ran) this one is supposed to be a wee bit better, it should loving run at least!

Edit: and apparently it is a well known issue? Is there a well known fix or some poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Siegkrow posted:

Okay I spent a loving week downloading the game and whenever I launch the game I get a black screen and music and Jack poo poo else. What gives? My old computer ran the game (with poo poo frame rate, but it ran) this one is supposed to be a wee bit better, it should loving run at least!

Edit: and apparently it is a well known issue? Is there a well known fix or some poo poo?

this happens to me about half of the time I launch the game, alt+tabbing out and then back in or re-launching the game usually fixes it

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Can I get an invite to the guild on @dexxra whenever someone gets the chance? Thanks.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

faulteroy posted:

this happens to me about half of the time I launch the game, alt+tabbing out and then back in or re-launching the game usually fixes it

Launched the game at least 6 times, the only time it DIDNT happen was like 4 am, I fell asleep before it loaded up and when I nodded back up it was the login screen.

And the loving internet was down at the time so fuuuuuu

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Downloaded this again. Think I am going to see if I still have my characters and try the necro. People thinking stam or mag? Gunna spend the weekend sorting characters... if they still exist. Left everyone partially geared and in disarray.

E: yup. all my characters are half nekked, half geared. Send me an invite if you get a chance. @naktl. Once I get sorted I think I will want to be dungeoning, trialing, pvp etc.

think I need to decide a "main" and stick to playing that for awhile. Lotta things been nerfed/buffed/changed since I played. Any suggestions for a good main these days?

Sogol fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 18, 2019

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i know everyone compares MMOs to WoW, but could I get a breakdown of how this compares to FFXIV? Like specifically do you hvae rottationally based classes and high tier raiding adn things? Are there roles in dungeons combat? Is there a meta around how you build classes?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Impermanent posted:

i know everyone compares MMOs to WoW, but could I get a breakdown of how this compares to FFXIV? Like specifically do you hvae rottationally based classes and high tier raiding adn things? Are there roles in dungeons combat? Is there a meta around how you build classes?
There are roles but they're much looser. It plays a lot more like a TES game with co-op dungeons. There is a meta for each class depending on what you want to do. Classes have rotations but it's more complex because of light and heavy attacks. Basically it's a totally different MMO from FF14 and fun for different reasons.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So probably a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway.

I have 191 CP from back when I played when Morrowind came out, and now I'm leveling up a new character. When this character hits level 50, will it instantly be able to use 160CP gear or will there still be a 'leveling process' of some kind to get from 50 through the different CP levels of gear?

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

It’ll immediately be able to use 160 gear. No catch-up needed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sogol posted:

Downloaded this again. Think I am going to see if I still have my characters and try the necro. People thinking stam or mag? Gunna spend the weekend sorting characters... if they still exist. Left everyone partially geared and in disarray.

E: yup. all my characters are half nekked, half geared. Send me an invite if you get a chance. @naktl. Once I get sorted I think I will want to be dungeoning, trialing, pvp etc.

think I need to decide a "main" and stick to playing that for awhile. Lotta things been nerfed/buffed/changed since I played. Any suggestions for a good main these days?

Hey man been a while! Sent out the invite to get you back in. Unfortunately it seems like most of the old crew is gone, Floob and I are probably the only ones left from before the game picked up. Sluggo was probably the most recent departure (irl stuff, got kinda bored with the game as well), hopefully more people start coming back (not very likely but one can hope!).

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Sixto Lezcano posted:

It’ll immediately be able to use 160 gear. No catch-up needed.

Thanks!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Yo I have my account is a basic tamriel unlimited, I have 2 characters under 10 and nuffin else, is it preferable to upgrade or just buy a new standard elseweyr account?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Scyantific posted:

Hey man been a while! Sent out the invite to get you back in. Unfortunately it seems like most of the old crew is gone, Floob and I are probably the only ones left from before the game picked up. Sluggo was probably the most recent departure (irl stuff, got kinda bored with the game as well), hopefully more people start coming back (not very likely but one can hope!).

Thanks. I will get on a bit later.

We might get some folks back for the Necro. That’s what sorta reminded me... "oh yeah... that’s a pretty cool game".

I think I have a bit of break from my work projects. Dunno how effective I will be in game since I also seem to have a bag of weed.

What do you think I should gear and level for PvP? Any ideas?

I am leveling a magica sorc since I don’t have one. I have also never beaten Maelstrom on vet and think I might level him for that. Means I will eventually need to gear up Necropotence and such. Probably start leveling a Necro as well. I have a baby stamden and he might be cool, it prob gunna wait on him. Wish I could have another character slot. :/

I have a full roster of characters still. Most of the lvl50, cp178(?). None correctly geared and a bunch sort of nekked since I was in between re-gearing when I had to stop playing. Gunna take a while and familiarize myself with new gear and new builds. I have some gold, a bunch of the elements from Imperial City and such. Need to remember how to use all that.

I have a stamDK I was leveling. Do they work now?

Oh yeh... have they changed something about animation canceling? Seems different, but maybe just my internet?

Terror Ninja
Oct 23, 2008
Whenever someone gets a chance, I'd appreciate a invite. @deuce2w on NA server. Wanna try this necromancer out. :drac:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Anyone know what time Elsweyr goes live for early access?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Mr Scumbag posted:

Anyone know what time Elsweyr goes live for early access?

Maintenance ends at 10 EST (it will probably be extended).

So whenever it's over.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I've resubbed to Premium and purchased Elswyr, can I get a Guild invite @Atrunin. Just waiting on early access for PC.

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 21, 2019

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
WTB New Thread

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Made my first khajiit, a good ol fashioned nekomancer

Found a big scary boy just chillin.

Waited a couple minutes and people showed up to fight! It shouts "Fus'ro'dah" which makes sense but still made me laugh.

Victory!!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Siegkrow posted:

Yo I have my account is a basic tamriel unlimited, I have 2 characters under 10 and nuffin else, is it preferable to upgrade or just buy a new standard elseweyr account?

Maaaybe? Its 20 bucks more but you get the other two chapters built in so if you aren't going to sub its probably a better deal

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
What's endgame like in this game? Are there any sort-of dungeons to run that makes sense to run?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Veteran versions of every group dungeon in the game with optional hard mode on the final bosses and rotating quests for 3 dungeons daily, plus quite a few trials (raids/12-person dungeons). For solo PvE, I think there's just Maelstrom Arena, or making solo attempts at group content (which can actually be really fun).

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Picked this back up for the necrocats. Can I grab an invite @Preliquary?

Also is there an invite link for Discord? The one in the OP comes up as invalid or expired for me. Thanks!

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

could I get an invite as well? @sgbyou, thanks.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

How long does it normally take for popular mods like Advanced UI to get updated after a major patch like this?

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

DJ Dizzy posted:

What's endgame like in this game? Are there any sort-of dungeons to run that makes sense to run?

Like most mmos, larger group content is the endgame (12-man trials). Vet dungeons are generally not considered endgame - some of the dlc dungeons in vet hm can be quite challenging though.

The Locator posted:

How long does it normally take for popular mods like Advanced UI to get updated after a major patch like this?

A few days to a few weeks (AGS took a few weeks to iron out the bugs after Wrathstone).

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

I'm not sure that the guy who wrote AUI still plays. For now, there's a fix that seems to work, pulled from here

quote:

Go to AUI\modules\minimap\classes\MapPinClass.lua, open that in notepad and change "IsImperialCityGate()" to "IsImperialCityPin()"

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

g0del posted:

I'm not sure that the guy who wrote AUI still plays. For now, there's a fix that seems to work, pulled from here

Thanks!

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Can I get an invite into the NA guild? Necromancer lured me back... @GuthriesGhost

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
This deserves to be seen. This is beautiful.
https://youtu.be/e0Eyw89eddA

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

would like guild invite @alecrene -- never really played this past like level 15 back when it came out but what they've done with it looks good

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Could I get an invite? @Premoistened
I've had this game since the first time it was in a Humble Bundle and never played it

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Random disconnects and crashes seem to be happening way more often since the update.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Ephemeron posted:

Random disconnects and crashes seem to be happening way more often since the update.

Welcome to patch week in ESO. Enjoy your stay!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
no, ESO store website, there is not an "Elsweyr version that's perfect for me", because I want an account upgrade with Morrowind and Summerset tacked on without getting a superfluous copy of the base game! kill all marketing departments!!

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Malacath approves of PvDoor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=252ZC6vI3fA

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Just bought this exp and started a kitty necro. Hoping to rejoin the goon guild. Please invite @hellsting

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
What's a low skill ceiling solo PvP class? I have no idea what I'm doing
Invite please to @vonskuzz

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Speaking as someone who has only casually done low level PVP, the most fun I had by far was with Templar, because of Piercing Javelin. The stam morph doesn't have knockback anymore, but that arguably makes it more effective in certain situations, like ambushing people standing on parapets from below. My MO was to initiate combat with Binding Javelin, debuff defense with Focused Aim, and then hopefully follow through before they could properly recover. Considering I was speced for PvE DPS instead of PVP (so, glass cannon), this worked surprisingly well.

Edit: Invite sent.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

paid money to post posted:

What's a low skill ceiling solo PvP class? I have no idea what I'm doing