Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Saw this picture posted on Reddit just now. Definitely never seen it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's my head cannon that the in-universe legal entity known as 'ghostbusters' had to be dissolved between the two movies and that in order to avoid liability they had to create a new LLC that they named Ghostbusters 2. They had to change the logo too because the old company owned the old one.

Violator
May 15, 2003

deoju posted:

It's my head cannon that the in-universe legal entity known as 'ghostbusters' had to be dissolved between the two movies and that in order to avoid liability they had to create a new LLC that they named Ghostbusters 2. They had to change the logo too because the old company owned the old one.

The ghost is giving the peace sign, matching the theme of the film that there’s too much negativity in the world and that only through peace and love can we move forward.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
It’s also crossed out, so gently caress that guy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m watching the end of Ghostbusters on a channel called Freeform, and it’s really bright. Like, I’m noticing details I’ve never seen before. I’m assuming this is some Blu-ray transfer I’ve not seen before, but it all looks really good.

Edit: ok, maybe a little too lightened up. Some of the reds are fairly pink now.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 29, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:siren::toot:

We got Venkman! (If he’s asked)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Anniversary release of the soundtrack too. It apparently will have 4 previously unreleased tracks.

https://movieweb.com/ghostbusters-soundtrack-score-reissue-release-date/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What are the extra tracks?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Great interview, his story about to Coca Cola suits is amazing. And it really is cool to know that he does love Ghostbusters and considers it a great movie (it's the best movie)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alan_Shore posted:

And it really is cool to know that he does love Ghostbusters and considers it a great movie (it's the best movie)

Venkman is one of Murray's favorite roles and he's very protective of the movie. There's a reason he continues to block Ghostbusters 3.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

What are the extra tracks?

It's been so long since I last listened to the soundtrack, I'm not sure beyond the talking point from the article.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, I have it on my phone, but from the track listing there I couldn’t see anything out of place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Somebody stop Danny please.

Dan Aykroyd Has Written a Ghostbusters Prequel Set in the '60s

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dan Aykroyd has no idea what made Ghostbusters good

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ehud posted:

Dan Aykroyd has no idea what made Ghostbusters good

He has that in common with the fans.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

The idea of a group of people fumbling along ghost hunting in the 60s does sound interesting, but I just can't see it working as a same guys type prequel. Closest I could see is a relative of Spengler or Stanz getting into a ghost hunting thing and either telling stories or leaving a journal for the movie guys to get inspired by.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
As much as I love it, the franchise doesn't have enough pull to justify starting a fifth movie before the fourth is out. A Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe is a pipe dream unless the next one is huge hit.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

deoju posted:

As much as I love it, the franchise doesn't have enough pull to justify starting a fifth movie before the fourth is out. A Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe is a pipe dream unless the next one is huge hit.

I really hope they don't go through with it even if it's a hit. I just want Ghostbusters to end, even though no franchises end nowadays.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWdn0HbDmmQ

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

But the trailer itself doesn’t look remastered in any way. That’s literally the same trailer from 2009 with a PS4 sticker on it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I could never get the PC version of that game to run worth a poo poo, even though my computer blew the recommended specs out of the water. :mad:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That was a fun game, I enjoyed it and will happily play it again.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Put it on the Switch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Put it on the Switch.

It's coming on the Switch too.

The PC port was an absolute wreck, and failed to work properly.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hell yeah

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

man nurse posted:

That was a fun game, I enjoyed it and will happily play it again.

Why do I feel like they're gonna try to squeeze like $20 out of me for it though? Like, yea I'd enjoy playing it again but the price needs to be right. Remastered or not it's still a 10 year old game.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

Did you pirate it? The game was coded to make the candelabras invulnerable if it detected that it was a pirated version. ;)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Timby posted:

Did you pirate it? The game was coded to make the candelabras invulnerable if it detected that it was a pirated version. ;)

Haha owned

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Timby posted:

Oh no, I never played the PC port. By all accounts, keyboard/mouse didn’t work properly for it because it was made for controllers. But it was graphically superior, so this new remastered version may just be the PC version rejigged for current gem consoles.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Oh no, I never played the PC port. By all accounts, keyboard/mouse didn’t work properly for it because it was made for controllers. But it was graphically superior, so this new remastered version may just be the PC version rejigged for current gem consoles.

So you never played it but called it an absolute wreck? :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Yes, it’s me, the man who repeats things his friends said.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Alan_Shore posted:

Well, that's what he heard!!!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

I don't have my 360 anymore (my ex-wife kept it), so I'd really like to play the game again, but I'm going to wait for reviews. By all accounts, the game was a programming nightmare due to Terminal Reality's Infernal Engine, which was held together by toothpicks, gum, duct tape and the blood of the wretched and the damned, so I'm not sure how well it will translate to the PS4 / Xbone, considering they both run on x86 architecture as opposed to the POWER-based PS3 / 360.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

They missed a huuuuuuge opportunity by not making it free-roaming, sort of GTA or LA Noire-like, in that you can get jobs, drive the Ecto-1 yourself, and build up the franchise. And there'd be an over-arching story on top of that. The original guys could have been there for support, and you have to make your own team.

I know there's Ghost Patrol on Steam but that is a far cry from what could have been with the actual license and money put into development :negative:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

They missed a huuuuuuge opportunity by not making it free-roaming, sort of GTA or LA Noire-like, in that you can get jobs, drive the Ecto-1 yourself, and build up the franchise. And there'd be an over-arching story on top of that. The original guys could have been there for support, and you have to make your own team.

I know there's Ghost Patrol on Steam but that is a far cry from what could have been with the actual license and money put into development :negative:

That’s what I was hoping for too, basically a modern version of the old Commodore 64 game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mostly just remember the Wii version of the Ghostbusters game was made differently and had cartoon designs of the characters instead.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mostly just remember the Wii version of the Ghostbusters game was made differently and had cartoon designs of the characters instead.

The Wii version had a cartoon aesthetic because the system really couldn't handle the graphics of the PS3 / 360 versions (since it was basically a GameCube with a turbocharger), and while it shortened and changed the story quite a bit, it does have an advantage in that the trapping mechanic is continued much later through the game. After the second or third level, the 360 / PS3 version basically becomes a Gears of War knockoff shooter with Ghostbusters accoutrements.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The online was fun. You’d get different outfits depending on your rank. I remember playing it with goons, and will gladly do so again. Bustin’ makes me feel good!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Timby posted:

The Wii version had a cartoon aesthetic because the system really couldn't handle the graphics of the PS3 / 360 versions (since it was basically a GameCube with a turbocharger), and while it shortened and changed the story quite a bit, it does have an advantage in that the trapping mechanic is continued much later through the game. After the second or third level, the 360 / PS3 version basically becomes a Gears of War knockoff shooter with Ghostbusters accoutrements.

Sounds right. That was kind of a terrible period where basically every AAA game couldn't become a Gears of War knockoff fast enough, complete with starring nothing but growly white guys with crew cuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

The_Doctor posted:

It's coming on the Switch too.

I never had a problem with it. I played it every now and again. Ran fine. It also has 360 controller support.