Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

banking on the courts is so stupid

they need to dismantle the courts

They know that sticking with the courts is a good way to drag this thing out past 2020 so that's why they like the idea. They can act like they're still doing something without actually having to do the thing that would matter.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Basebf555 posted:

They know that sticking with the courts is a good way to drag this thing out past 2020 so that's why they like the idea. They can act like they're still doing something without actually having to do the thing that would matter.

The centrist Dem way

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/MobyDickatSea/status/1131202324922273792?s=19

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Didn't somebody meet with somebody regarding a specific infrastructure bill a couple weeks ago? Why is it still infrastructure week?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

The centrist Dem way

Can't bite the corporate hand that feeds

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1131178258358317056

I wasn't really expecting this but lol at the DOJ rolling over. Like I don't even want to be charitable enough to think it's Schiff calling their bluff but lol what a trap.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

hell yep same

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

biden claims that back in the day he worked at a local pool and there was a gang called The Romans and their leader was named Corn Pop and he basically called corn pop a girls name to insult him so corn pop challenged him to a fight so biden wrapped a fuckin motorcycle chain around his arm and told corn pop that if he tried to cut him he'd getd choked out and killed by this chain and corn pop said youre ok joe and then the romans were joes friends from then on

according to biden

none of that sounds remotely possible so thats how you know its real

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dems are worthless. Always and forever

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Bethamphetamine posted:

Didn't somebody meet with somebody regarding a specific infrastructure bill a couple weeks ago? Why is it still infrastructure week?

yes

the wh is supposed to put out yet another infrastructure plan today

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1131178258358317056

I wasn't really expecting this but lol at the DOJ rolling over. Like I don't even want to be charitable enough to think it's Schiff calling their bluff but lol what a trap.

This is a very good stalling tactic by the DoJ.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bethamphetamine posted:

It's almost as though "infrastructure week," an entire week promoted as being dedicated to functions that should just be deligated and handled normally behind the curtain, and its continuing reoccurrence as an obvious an ineffective distraction to the point if it being a joke, is symbolic of the administration's inability to handle basic government business

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector Hound posted:

It's almost as though "infrastructure week," an entire week promoted as being dedicated to functions that should just be deligated and handled normally behind the curtain, and its continuing reoccurrence as an obvious an ineffective distraction to the point if it being a joke, is symbolic of the administration's inability to handle basic government business

WRONG
https://twitter.com/Jordanfabian/status/1131203145961492480?s=19

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Corn Pop/Guy who saw the leprechaun in the tree in Mobile 2020

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A coverup but no need to look into it too vigourously.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i believe the president is committing crimes. so many crimes. all over the place. and I also believe he shouldn't be prosecuted for those crimes

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Yeah that looks like she's in a super infrastructure centric mood

I am also open to the possibility I have misunderstood the word "infrastructure" my entire life

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Karl Barks posted:

i believe the president is committing crimes. so many crimes. all over the place. and I also believe he shouldn't be prosecuted for those crimes

three stooges crime syndrome

commit enough and they can't prosecute you

someone give trumip a gun

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

There's a 90% chance the DOJ deal was Dems freely offering "hand over documents and we'll promise to never ever impeach Trump"

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my name is justin..........mr trudeau if youre nasty

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I've never eaten a peach in my loving life

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

did the president shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th avenue? maybe. but how will this affect the election?

Corbolan
May 18, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Why does Congress act like the president's bitch when it's his equal at minimum

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Karl Barks posted:

did the president shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th avenue? maybe. but how will this affect the election?

gettin pretty sick of ur partisan attitude mister

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

then
impeach him you gently caress !!!!

IM YELLJNG A A TWEET

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

There's a 90% chance the DOJ deal was Dems freely offering "hand over documents and we'll promise to never ever impeach Trump"

Americans want government that works, they don't want all this arguing at the top,

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

juche avocado posted:

yes

the wh is supposed to put out yet another infrastructure plan today

Thank you. so I'm not crazy.

And it's not that I expect it to amount to anything, I just was really happy that Trump did an actual thing once.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BresPolitico/status/1131193604960075776?s=19
The idea that court rulings are imminent makes no loving sense to me because how the hell does any ruling besides the one SCOTUS gives actually matter?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This is a very good stalling tactic by the DoJ.

stalled until it's past the very important deadline of

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Pokemon go! To impeach the president

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think about people like Anne, who I met in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and her six kids and her lovely job that pays negative money and doesn't provide healthcare, and i think Anne and her sickly, starving brood just want the most hyperbolically evil corporations to make decisions for her, and also more war in African countries our education system isn't good enough to teach kids about

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

imagine respecting federal courts at all

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The idea that court rulings are imminent makes no loving sense to me because how the hell does any ruling besides the one SCOTUS gives actually matter?

Because Pelosi only cares about holding her speakership

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They want to lose