Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

pelosi's gonna let the country turn into a dictatorship, leave the country, then spend her remaining days getting paid millions to go on speaking tours in Europe where she talks about the dangers of leftism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

impeachment is a thuum you have to invoke once you unseal the label of decorum from the vocal cords

schumer eats soup the same way u absorb a dragon's soul

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

The really do great work though

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

don boys is my second favourite duran duran song

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

just some mild I word with Ivanka.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Mayor Dave posted:

If pelosi doesn't impeach now there's literally no hope for the country

if it's any consolation she's figuring out how to softly let the american ppl down rn

"Donald Trump will be judged by the people in the 2020 election......no impeachment"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I hope the Democrats split the party

That's really our only shot

smh, thinking so small

inside the box

just abolish everything and balkanize

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Trump is what you get when a kid just never runs into an absolute poo poo-out beating at some point in his life.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

if it's any consolation she's figuring out how to softly let the american ppl down rn

"Donald Trump will be judged by the people in the 2020 election......"

ted cruz voice:] vote your cawnshens

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

impissment

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah alright gently caress it
The House will begin an impeachment inquiry of Donald Trump by June 30th, 2019 :toxx:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
trump thinks the i word is igger

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The House will begin an impeachment inquiry of Donald Trump by June 30th, 2019 :toxx:

rip

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mariana Horchata posted:

"Donald Trump will be judged by the people in the 2020 election......no impeachment"

and when biden is crushed, it's "well i guess this is what the american people want, we better work with trump"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

I hope the Democrats split the party

That's really our only shot

yeah same, the third wayers and blue dogs are dying but too slowly, they need to be formally destroyed in a swift way

worst case scenario is they win the Dem civil war and it becomes inarguable and official that the nation is doomed so we can all just prepare for that inevitability without any of this hope in electoral reform

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

quote so you don’t edit

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

Trump is what you get when a kid just never runs into an absolute poo poo-out beating at some point in his life.

hes very much the malfoy type isnt he

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

drat i was starting to think it might happen

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pelosi is likely terminal she keeps talking about praying

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

prez bows to "take [his] ball" and return "home" until such time as dems commit to "stop making up [improper] rules"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://i.imgur.com/DiPG13t.gifv

i know now why you "i", but it is something i can never do

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

you fool

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

remember to post it in the one off toxx thread

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKLmZNnMT0A

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
there are 2069 days of infr trump left

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

ted cruz voice:] vote your cawnshens

*looks at 401k and nervously tugs collar*

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

microscopic thumbs

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

good riddance

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao betting on pooplosi

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Epic High Five posted:

you say the center is starting to rebel, what is your deeper read on what's going on? It's definitely not the center that is explicitly calling for impeachment, are they going to make a move to side with Trump and kill off all investigations to return to the sensible bipartisan compromising to the right that they believe is so popular with actual dem voters?

i think, in general, leadership wants to have an accomplishment that they can sell in 2020 as proof that democrats get things done. they rightly know that they cannot get anything if they impeach trump, but somehow believing that there was an accomplishment to get is the most loving asinine thing i've ever seen. the trump administration has no policy goals beyond what the executive branch has within its enumerated powers (read: immigration), and mcconnell has outright said the senate is going to confirm judges (of which they're basically out of important slots now) and do nothing else.

Pelosi and Schumer are also of the old guard of 80's democrats who fundamentally believe that progressive policies are not popular and that being a democrat is a desperate rear-guard action to just keep whats in place in place. The combination leads to leadership that fundamentally opposes big, sweeping actions (including impeachment). That said the center and specifically people who have openly opposed impeachment are now saying "I'm getting there" which is basically a fancy way of saying "I'm with leadership for now." You don't lose committee chairs and leadership members and think that things are going swimmingly. Pelosi is on super thin ice and knows it, but her reticence is based off an assumption about the way politics works that just isn't true anymore. The fact that she doesn't see it means that its unlikely to change, and so she'll have to be forced by a threat of her power being removed.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

сука блять

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

oof

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Joementum posted:

1.) Week of May 15, 2017

What: Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao promises $1 trillion infrastructure plan “in the next several weeks.”
What derailed it: Hours later, The Washington Post reported that Trump shared highly classified intelligence with the Russian foreign minister and ambassador.

2.) Week of June 5, 2017

What: The first official White House “infrastructure week” (which notably kicked off without a plan).
What derailed it: Former FBI director James B. Comey accused Trump of lying in congressional testimony. The next day, Trump accused Comey of lying.

3.) Week of Aug. 14, 2017

What: Trump signed an executive order he said would streamline the infrastructure approval process.
What derailed it: Trump spent much of a nearly 45-minute news conference meant to tout the order blaming “both sides” for violent protests in Charlottesville.

4.) Week of Oct. 9, 2017

What: Chao again touted Trump’s $1 trillion infrastructure plan without providing the details of said plan.
What derailed it: The Post reported that Chao repeatedly used taxpayer-funded private jets to fly to events when cheaper commercial flights were available.

5.) Week of Feb. 12, 2018

What: Trump announced a $1.5 trillion infrastructure plan, much of it funded by states and private investment.
What derailed it: The resignation of a White House aide over domestic violence allegations, reports that Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen paid hush money during the 2016 campaign to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels, the indictment of 13 Russians in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation and a massacre at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

6.) Week of March 26, 2018

What: Trump gave a speech in Ohio touting his infrastructure plan.
What derailed it: As The Post’s Heather Long reported at the time: “This latest [infrastructure] week is happening while Congress is on recess, Trump faces high-profile allegations of marital infidelity, the Russia investigation continues to make headlines, and the administration grapples with staff turnover and contentious firings.”

7.) Week of April 29, 2019

What: Trump and congressional Democrats agreed to invest $2 trillion in infrastructure, even as Trump’s acting chief of staff and congressional Republicans cast doubt on it.
What derailed it: Hours after Trump’s infrastructure meeting with Democrats, The Post reported that Mueller wrote a letter to Attorney General William P. Barr in March complaining that Barr’s letter describing Mueller’s principal conclusions “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s investigation. Senate Democrats hammered Barr about it during a hearing the next day.

lol at this forever

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

trump has butterfly knife skills

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

*thinking extremely hard* smeepr

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lol jeez dude just ask for another week probe and chill, why throw away 10 perfectly good bux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

“We were somewhere outside of the escalator, on the edge of hypernormalization, when the infrastructure week began to kick in.”