Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

catalyst owns

mission good

ship hilarious

oh, and this poor guy finding out the absolute edge a max range GBS while airborne kills at

https://i.imgur.com/UG2sCXG.gifv

I hate you for being one of those guys who smugly emotes after a kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

New Leaf posted:

I hate you for being one of those guys who smugly emotes after a kill.

What in your opinion are the good uses of emotes???

Bust Rodd posted:

The WoW that people got addicted to is not the WoW they are playing anymore. I’ve tried on two separate occasions to resub and WoW is seriously a shadow of how fun it used to be.

The only good mmo is (was) city of heroes and it should come back exactly how they left it. I literally have dreams once or twice a year of getting through the login screen and super jumping around the city

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The private City of Heroes server was recently exposed and you can definitely go play it right now if you have a computer and a rudimentary understanding of how files work.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Uhhh my understanding of how files work is very much Hansel-Tier but I'm about to LEARN

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What in your opinion are the good uses of emotes???

Taunting opponents on the other team before a Gambit match, or the one where you gesture wildly while your teammate just loving HAS to get ONE MORE MOTE before banking to summon the Primeval.. Or dicking around in the tower.

Also, I was mostly being sarcastic as I don't generally have the give-a-poo poo to emote after blasting someone in the face in Crucible.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
the best emote is proud strut after whiffing a nova/blade barrage/all golden gun shots

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mazerunner posted:

the best emote is proud strut after whiffing a nova/blade barrage/all golden gun shots

Didn't realize we had the President of the Genius Society in here

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie really needs to step up their emote game for D3. Freeze players into the emote until the animation completes and the game zooms to a freeze frame of your killer so you're forced to witness them taunting you.

Oh and a column in the post game scoreboard for taunts issued.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Rest in peace old clan name when destiny was good

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Last time I saw such a heel in bone krew his name was a buff gay dude!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Freeze players into the emote until the animation complete

This would also solve the peeking problem so go for it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
https://i.imgur.com/TBNmsKh.gifv

I forgot to emote :negative:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

i dated this girl in college

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i wish it took shaders better tho

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

New Leaf posted:

Wow that's ugly.. I know it's a standard for Bungie but it's pieces of other ships smashed together, not worth the effort at all.

Apparently this mission was 7 months worth of effort. I guess it was a really small team that constantly playtested and tweaked the hell out of this because even when their engine was apparently terrible in the D1 days they had a video showing the moon patrol zones being made that was incredibly quick and easy, and that was brand new assets unlike this. Bungie says the Whisper mission took 4 months in comparison.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well it took a lot of manpower to precisely configure those poop chutes to be barely survivable.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I leveled up light on one character only so I could do zero hour. I'm wondering if they're gonna update the Drifter catchup bounties to 690, at least after the raid is beaten

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Roman posted:

I leveled up light on one character only so I could do zero hour. I'm wondering if they're gonna update the Drifter catchup bounties to 690, at least after the raid is beaten

That makes too much sense

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're going to put the 690 bounties on the raid robot but not remove the drifter bounties so there's a steady stream of people coming back to the game, boosting themselves to 640, and going "god dammit now I have to do that again?"

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I made my Titan character about a week and a half ago, used the instant-level-30 boost from when I bought the annual pass, and as soon as I leveled him to 50 non-powerful armor legendaries started dropping at 655-665 without having to do the power surge bounties.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

You genuinely need to try to be under 680 right now if you play more than like 2 hours a week.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

You genuinely need to try to be under 680 right now if you play more than like 2 hours a week.

Even if I take a bluechew I’m like 6.50” max

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Tonight I finally got the stupid Gambit rank reset I needed for the 21% Delerium, which was way more stressful than necessary because of a possibility I might not be able to play for a while before the Season reset and would have to do the stupid bullshit all over again.

The most stressful thing I'll have to do now is either get the team wipe (or teammates doing it 3 times) for Malfeasance. Good news is you can apparently do it in Prime now (the previous 10 wins/% motes quest step works, which wasn't always the case). Which is good because I don't like OG Gambit after playing Prime.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Funnily enough, Prime has rekindled my love of regular Gambit.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
If you're diligent at doing the public service bounties and have enough time left in the season, you barely need to actually do Gambit to hit max rank, especially if you have multiple characters to do them on. Between the public service bounties, prime bounties, and regular bounties, winning is a lot less important than it used to be.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfaUwlmy9Rs

forgot that i did this lol

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJb8Z73G7o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLQNnKwYJQ

And, seeing how well received my last Bagging Doesn't Pay video was ...

(Imagine being that mad about a video)

... I bring you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhCvnAEmh3c

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Last time I saw such a heel in bone krew his name was a buff gay dude!!
lmao

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I love getting hate messages with incorrect grammar.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

pork never goes bad posted:

Funnily enough, Prime has rekindled my love of regular Gambit.
I can see the appeal in being able to comeback in round 2 after a bad round, but most times I just want a bad round to be over and move on to the next game. Although comebacks in Prime can be very satisfying.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Regular gambit is actually pretty fun right now if you solo queue. I've had good luck lately not getting four stacks and when you got 8 complete randos in the game together it's all pretty chill. My biggest complaint is the loot, they should have cranked up the drop rate on gambit specific guns now that it's old content.

Not the fastest way to get those envoy kills either, stick to prime if you wanna work on delirium.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

All I know is that when it's time to get that full team wipe, it's Colony time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Prime is still half baked to me. Literally nothing before the Primeval phase matters. You can bank all your motes before they bank a single one and your team can still lose.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Roman posted:

All I know is that when it's time to get that full team wipe, it's Colony time.

At the engagement ranges you'll be seeing when you invade, you'll be way better off with a stable blast furnace and a hammerhead/ thunderlord. 1kv if you have it. Colony sucks for invading, as far as I've seen.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Roman posted:

Tonight I finally got the stupid Gambit rank reset I needed for the 21% Delerium, which was way more stressful than necessary because of a possibility I might not be able to play for a while before the Season reset and would have to do the stupid bullshit all over again.

The most stressful thing I'll have to do now is either get the team wipe (or teammates doing it 3 times) for Malfeasance. Good news is you can apparently do it in Prime now (the previous 10 wins/% motes quest step works, which wasn't always the case). Which is good because I don't like OG Gambit after playing Prime.

I did the team wipe thing in regular Gambit. I found it to be pretty easy as you don't have as many people that are super serious about being MLG invaders like you do in Prime.

Malfeasance seems cool but the quest is loving stupid. I couldn't believe that after the part previous to what you mentioned (I forget the details, but it involved a very annoying strike boss) there was MORE.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

actionjackson posted:

Malfeasance seems cool but the quest is loving stupid. I couldn't believe that after the part previous to what you mentioned (I forget the details, but it involved a very annoying strike boss) there was MORE.
Yeah you have to deposit X motes (losing them counts as double lost toward the goal) and get 10 wins (Prime is fastest for that). THEN is the kill 25 player and team wipe (or three by teammates). Like they couldn't have combined those somehow?

Last part will definitely be in normal Gambit

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Roman posted:

Yeah you have to deposit X motes (losing them counts as double lost toward the goal) and get 10 wins (Prime is fastest for that). THEN is the kill 25 player and team wipe (or three by teammates). Like they couldn't have combined those somehow?

Last part will definitely be in normal Gambit

If you want to join up just send me a fr on psn - im80andgay

I can uh.. not invade and stuff

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the AoO requirement for Malfeasance is changed or bugged.

I went in a couple weeks ago intent on finishing the quest. I was all geared up to be full time invader boy but dorks on my team would grab the portal instantly and I'd never get a chance to do my job. Drifter would blab about 2 kills or whatever but never a team wipe. And when I finished the game progress on that bar had advanced. :iiam:

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
Guys, I've not played this game in a year and recently got the itch. I don't have Forsake or the Annual Pass so is it worth dropping money on this game again or should I save my precious monies? People keep trying to tell me this game is fun now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
forsaken's worth it, the annual pass is...debatable. how much do you value a good raid?