Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Probably last official sneak peek before the LIVE?

Both sprites and character symbols were known from a promo sticker page for about a week or so, but it's nice to have them on a cleaner image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I actually managed to get into a 24-man Shatter this morning. Didn't win, but it was fun. I need to practice my MCH burst combo more. I also completely forgot to put Flamethrower on my hotbar. :v:

Speaking of which, holy poo poo I want PvP Flamethrower in PvE! 5 second channel with a stacking DoT and heat gen? That's pretty :krad:

Hogama posted:

Probably last official sneak peek before the LIVE?

Both sprites and character symbols were known from a promo sticker page for about a week or so, but it's nice to have them on a cleaner image.

All this time and I didn't even think about what the new job icons would look like.

Paperweight
Jan 17, 2007
Am I doing this right?
Okay, I found an old screenshot from September 27, 2010. I think this was 1.0 on the Figaro server.

Here's another from July 13, 2014, a few months before I quit for almost 5 years.

Here's one from 2 weeks ago.

I'll work on glams when I have less leveling to catch up on.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1131211123061952512
Soken is finished with the music.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Maybe someone here can settle this argument. Some folks in my FC are claiming that toward the end of HW MCH was like, one of the top DPS classes in the game and I don't remember this at all and am casting a lot of doubt on their opinions. I could've sworn MCH has been consistently terrible to middling DPS backed up by some utility that brought them to where they are now. Like on release they were garbage, and then they became OK later. Does anyone remember this heyday of MCH where they were Big Dick DPS?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Looking back at Creator Savage on fflogs, MCH had the highest dps.

e: https://www.fflogs.com/zone/statistics/13

In specific, Februrary 2017 on, at the 99th percentile, MCH was the highest. It depends where you look, but in creator at worst they were on the higher end of the pack..

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 22, 2019

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I finished up another goon house last night, this time for Kaubocks.

Bigg Nastie- Excal Goblet 11, #21- "Nasty Zone"
Ground floor:

Basement:

Exterior:

Album link: https://imgur.com/a/6tIs5QA

If anyone else would be interested if having me work on your house, just let me know! You can PM me here or in the discord. I only charge for the furniture I'm using, which is 3-7 mil for a small house, but I'll take tips if they're offered.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Late HW people were really figuring MCH out and it could absolutely do great damage. Wildfire could get up to 30k back then. For refrence, i can usually hit 30k wildfires right now.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

It's worth mentioning that MCH and BRD also had cast bars back then.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Crashing down from Dalamud like Hildibrand to scream at the thread about class fantasy when HW Wanderer's Minuet gets re-implemented in Shadowbringers.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bring back MCH castbars. We're getting a gunwarrior, now is the time to reinstate gunmage for parity.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I thought everyone hated the castbar stuff.

If I have to stand still to bang bang I might as well be a BLM because explosions are better then bullets.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I just want to duel wield or get a giant pump action shotgun.

e: Let's just add elemental spell effect poo poo to the ammo like in FFT

S.J. fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 22, 2019

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

rhoga posted:

I finished up another goon house last night, this time for Kaubocks.

Bigg Nastie- Excal Goblet 11, #21- "Nasty Zone"
Ground floor:

Basement:

Exterior:

Album link: https://imgur.com/a/6tIs5QA

If anyone else would be interested if having me work on your house, just let me know! You can PM me here or in the discord. I only charge for the furniture I'm using, which is 3-7 mil for a small house, but I'll take tips if they're offered.

thank you for all your hard work! you're great, i love it :buddy:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

If I have to stand still to bang bang I might as well be a BLM because explosions are better then bullets.

I hated it so much for that exact reason yes.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Feeling really nervous with all the class changes coming. Wish it was tomorrow right now

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Oxyclean posted:

Nobody seems to miss castbars on bard, but I see it come up for MCH with some frequency.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

People who want castbars on MCH back are insane old fogeys, HTH.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

S.J. posted:

I just want to duel wield or get a giant pump action shotgun.

e: Let's just add elemental spell effect poo poo to the ammo like in FFT

replace MCH with Mog Gunner.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

We're 2 for 2 on expansions making the job I play suck rear end (BRD for Heavensward and SMN for Stormblood, though I hear SMN is way better now) so they're gonna gently caress up BRD somehow, I guarantee it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Man I've had no problems getting into dungeons lately and now suddenly I've had 3 or 4 60+ minute ques for Sohr Khai and I need to to progress the story :negative:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Red Red Blue posted:

We're 2 for 2 on expansions making the job I play suck rear end (BRD for Heavensward and SMN for Stormblood, though I hear SMN is way better now) so they're gonna gently caress up BRD somehow, I guarantee it

You should switch to something else for the good of all BRDs everywhere

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

looks like there's a real leak of PLDs new skills out there now. don't wanna post it in case some ppl don't want to see it.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Arist posted:

You should switch to something else for the good of all BRDs everywhere

I've been leveling red mage, maybe that will confuse them

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I feel like Bard is such a well designed class right now. I can’t really think of a single complaint. It’s engaging while not being obtuse or hard to execute for no reason, you’re always looking forward to using your next song and watching procs. It reminds me of Balance Druid is mists of pandaria where you’re always progressing an eclipse bar with your spells and watching for huge procs, which was my favorite class in any game I’ve played.

I’m looking forward to it getting totally overhauled or the worse.

Edit: or hoping they add a cool down that lets you play all your songs at once :getin:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bard is amazing. Most other jobs have at least one element I have a hard time keeping track of, and I get that a lot of that is just that I haven't played them as much, but BRD gives me just enough to manage while always keeping me engaged with my options.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Put in a composition system like in Mabinogi where I can just google music sheets of songs so I can copy and paste them to make up for the fact I have the musical talent of syrup.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Anyone know if you have all expansions on PC would it be enough to buy just base game on PS4 (to get the client download) to access existing account and expansions ?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mfny posted:

Anyone know if you have all expansions on PC would it be enough to buy just base game on PS4 (to get the client download) to access existing account and expansions ?
No, you'll have to buy the expansions also

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mfny posted:

You need to rebuy the expansions or it won't let you use any character with expansion content active.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Klewer posted:

looks like there's a real leak of PLDs new skills out there now. don't wanna post it in case some ppl don't want to see it.

We have spoiler tags.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

and ninja too

Klewer fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 22, 2019

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Givin posted:

Feeling really nervous with all the class changes coming. Wish it was tomorrow right now

as a healer, extremely same

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Well, since you didn't put up Paladin.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Please don't let Intervene just be another "run at a party member, intercept their damage and protect them" ability that I never put on my hotbar because I just don't give a poo poo.

If it's paladin charge, lol at making it so late game.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
The only brd “complaints” I have is refulgent arrow shouldn’t be it’s own button, multi dotting in dungeons is tedious, and army’s is a boring song. The jobs in a excellent place.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Hogama posted:

Uhhh. Don't oaths show up in the skill screen? (That lvl 10 Iron Will is using Shield Oath's icon?) Also no Total eclipse? No shield bash or swipe? hrm.

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

Hogama posted:

I question this because it seems odd to me that 'Intervention' and 'Intervene' would both be skill names on the same job.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

Uhhh. Don't oaths show up in the skill screen? (That lvl 10 Iron Will is using Shield Oath's icon?) Also no Total eclipse? No shield bash or swipe? hrm.
Provided this is true, Prominence may just be rebranded Total Eclipse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

homeless snail posted:

No, you'll have to buy the expansions also

Well that sucks, no return to FF14 for me for a while then, unless I can find some money behind the couch or something.