Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My understanding is that in the general community outside of the hardcore lefties that lost the last election, Albo is well liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Gridlocked posted:

Times are tough for Tones.

He's waiting for Sky to offer him a permanent spot on Credlin

:quagmire:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

My understanding is that in the general community outside of the hardcore lefties that lost the last election, Albo is well liked.

"He's the kind of bloke you could have a beer with"

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

JBP posted:

It sounds like awful "Liberal party progressive" theater

But enough about the Labor leadership.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

If albo fixing Labors image is what it takes to move the overton window left then so be it.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

e: What makes you think the Overton window will move left? Albo is on board with Manus and coal, you’re dreaming.

JBP posted:

How about those PHON voting CFMEU members? Does Albo have to give them a handjob or will they come back on their own?

clusterfuck fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 23, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

clusterfuck posted:

e: What makes you think the Overton window will move left? Albo is on board with Manus and coal, you’re dreaming.

How about those PHON voting CFMEU members? Does Albo have to give them a handjob or will they come back on their own?

Depends if he wants to hand out 200 hand jobs

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

JBP posted:

Depends if he wants to hand out 200 hand jobs

For a 13% swing he’ll deserve compo for RSI.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Hollandia posted:

Thought he already had one.

It was only a 1 minute time slot

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
Peroni is a poo poo beer.

If Tony Abbott wants to get into alcoholism the least he could do is drink a decent brew.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

hidys posted:

If Tony Abbott wants to get into alcoholism the least he could do is drink a decent brew.

Wasn't he already known to be one?

hidys
May 6, 2015

Ranter posted:

Wasn't he already known to be one?

Not to my knowledge but he could’ve been.

Also something that I find very interesting about the polls.

https://twitter.com/ghostwhovotes/status/1129512041700442112?s=21

They were actually fairly close in all states... except Queensland.
Apparently if a Queenslander says they are voting Labor they are lying to you.

hidys
May 6, 2015

Without doubt the only solid candidate for deputy given factional/state rules.

https://twitter.com/clareoneilmp/status/1131392577586880512?s=21

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Worst state NSW has a higher primary ALP vote than noted national saviours VIC & QLD.

hidys
May 6, 2015

clusterfuck posted:

Worst state NSW has a higher primary ALP vote than noted national saviours VIC & QLD.

The rule with Ipsos is you ignore primary votes.

Labor’s vote is definitely higher in Vic than NSW.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Worst state is actually the Australian male voter.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

backstreets Rockhampton motel Ministry of State Security recording excerpt posted:

"this is coal! ... This IS coal... nah... That's not coal, THIS is coal!" Eyes closed Albo mutters to the mirror as he struggles to rub the black chalky lump of coal over his sweaty face, careful to alternate his hands to keep his wrists limber and supple for the mammoth task ahead. His eyes peek out of the dusky apparition in the glass, "Carmel? It's the Tropic of Capricornia in here, can we get the air-con up higher? I'm leaking... I gotta keep the blackface dry for the racists, they'll appreciate that detail. The boys from the CFMEU aren't nearly as discerning, maybe they'll settle for a glory hole? That's what staffers are for..."

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trapezium Dave posted:

Worst state is actually the Australian male voter.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i'm not a fan of tony but i think this kind of poo poo is really low

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
actual employed journalists were following shorten around the day after the election reporting on him buying groceries

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tony is sitting at home drinking stubbies watching football highlights after getting sacked. It's the only thing I've ever seen him do that I can empathise with.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

JBP posted:

Tony is sitting at home drinking stubbies watching football highlights after getting sacked. It's the only thing I've ever seen him do that I can empathise with.

Except he has a $300k pension. That kind of kills the empathy.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

bell jar posted:

i'm not a fan of tony but i think this kind of poo poo is really low

But he's FAMOUS. And that gives us licence to stalk him with cameras for every moment of the rest of his life.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Trapezium Dave posted:

Worst state is actually the Australian voter.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Best state is denial

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/ElizaJBarr/status/1131392990730002432

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

hidys posted:

Peroni is a poo poo beer.

he’s been known as a full blown alcoholic along with the beetrooter for a while

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dude McAwesome posted:

he’s been known as a full blown alcoholic along with the beetrooter for a while

So he's a combination fitness fanatic/alcoholic?
Actually there are people like that, although alcohol is weird drug of choice

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

EoinCannon posted:

I know loads of people like this. Footy in your thirties is a blend of guys that can barely run and guys that can run a marathon in good time but consider twelve standard drinks normal.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

One positive of the election is that I haven't had a drink since Saturday. I bought 3 nice beers to have in celebration and when the night turned so poo poo I think it's set up some kind of Pavlovian connection in my mind between alcohol and sadness.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Senor Tron posted:

One positive of the election is that I haven't had a drink since Saturday. I bought 3 nice beers to have in celebration and when the night turned so poo poo I think it's set up some kind of Pavlovian connection in my mind between alcohol and sadness.

Yeah I’ve got heaps left from Saturday. I’ll get through it slowly.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

oh yeah dude

drinking piss at night and tearing up the gym/pool during the day

not too hard when you don’t actually do anything to represent your constituents!

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

I know loads of people like this. Footy in your thirties is a blend of guys that can barely run and guys that can run a marathon in good time but consider twelve standard drinks normal.

Hell there was a period around 2009 where I was sitting on about 10% body fat but drank 1 and a half to 2 bottles of horrible whiskey in a weekend. But I was in my late 20s.

I don't think I could do that now, and I'm still like 24 years younger than Abbott? The hangovers I get from a 6 pack of beer are enough to wipe out an entire Saturday now.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

bandaid.friend posted:

From the tone of the article the ABC thinks they're full of it, too. They told the ABC they were turned off Nazism by the Charlottesville riot, but the discord logs show them celebrating the murder a week after, and they were still sharing white supremacist stuff in October last year

That picture is super on brand for the Young Libs.

My brother used to hang out with them. I don't think he ended up joining, but even he thought there was something weird about dressing up and drinking scotch and smoking cigars in somebody's dad's house and talking about how great they all are.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

froglet posted:

drinking scotch and smoking cigars in somebody's dad's house and talking about how great they all are.

please don't dox my birthday i spent with don dongington & some seppos

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

Hell there was a period around 2009 where I was sitting on about 10% body fat but drank 1 and a half to 2 bottles of horrible whiskey in a weekend. But I was in my late 20s.

I don't think I could do that now, and I'm still like 24 years younger than Abbott? The hangovers I get from a 6 pack of beer are enough to wipe out an entire Saturday now.

When I was drinking 1/4-1/2 a bottle of Jameson a day I was the leanest and fittest I'd ever been it was loving wrong. Also late 20s.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

JBP posted:

When I was drinking 1/4-1/2 a bottle of Jameson a day I was the leanest and fittest I'd ever been it was loving wrong. Also late 20s.

same but two 6packs of XXXX a night when I lived in Cairns

now I couldn’t run a 20minute 5km if my life depended on it!

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I've always suffered from brutal hangovers so I never understood how people could do both at the same time. I'm impressed. Although I did a 20km run the morning after night one of a weekend bucks party, spewed twice and had a desperate dash to a public dunny for a transcendent AGB

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

EoinCannon posted:

Wow, I've always suffered from brutal hangovers so I never understood how people could do both at the same time. I'm impressed. Although I did a 20km run the morning after night one of a weekend bucks party, spewed twice and had a desperate dash to a public dunny for a transcendent AGB

oh yeah it was never a healthy thing for me, it was just basically a depression coping mechanism. if I wasn’t running, I was drinking

don’t have to think then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
You'd be surprised how many sports clubs are actually drinking clubs with a sports problem.

My drinking has gone up from "special occasions only" to "quite frequently" and I have never felt worse. Guess I need to get back on the wagon.

And gently caress running anywhere, get a bike.