Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Who is playing Bruce Lee? Because whoever cast him deserves a god drat award of some kind. He’s perfect.

You don't recognize Triton from The Inhumans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Teenage Fansub posted:

You don't recognize Triton from The Inhumans?

Let's just assume that no, I do not.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

The new Terminator: Dark Fate trailer is up. I’m excited to see Mackenzie Davis, Linda Hamilton, and Arnold. Other than that, eh.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Doesn't look too bad but I was burned by early Salvation trailers.

We'll see.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
im a terminator apologist whose expectations of the series are so low at this point that this looks like it could be a lot of fun compared to the last 2.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Retrowave Joe posted:

The new Terminator: Dark Fate trailer is up. I’m excited to see Mackenzie Davis, Linda Hamilton, and Arnold. Other than that, eh.

holy crap I think this looks terrible

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That bazooka shot is such an 80s thing. Looks like fun.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, looks like a Terminator: Greatest Hits at best, with no indication it's bringing anything new to the table except for giant, over-the-top action CGI setpieces which is not the right direction for the franchise.

Though that new terminator makes more sense than early reports described it—it's just a T~1000 over at T~800 endoskeleton, not a T-1000 that can split into two T-1000s.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I like the dual form Noob Saibot terminator. Can't be much worse than the last 3.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Retrowave Joe posted:

I can't believe how accurate this video continues to be about every modern movie trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAOdjqyG37A

That being said, somehow this formula still works on me, haha. I like these slower, darker song covers.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I fully except this to be poo poo, but I still want to see it because of Linda Hamilton.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Why plan your action sequence before production when you can just throw in a CGI bodydouble to replace what would have been a quick setup of a guy jumping?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 23, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I was always under the impression that Terminators made better clothing choices.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
why do you think that dude didnt make it through the trailer?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The blurb on Twitter said that one of the characters is a "half-cyborg". Since a cyborg is half-machine, half-human, that makes her, er...

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

Why plan your action sequence before production when you can just throw in a CGI bodydouble to replace what would have been a quick setup of a guy jumping?

That looks like a still from a Wes Anderson stop motion gig.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Payndz posted:

The blurb on Twitter said that one of the characters is a "half-cyborg". Since a cyborg is half-machine, half-human, that makes her, er...

It's the robot equivalent of a quadroon.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

feedmyleg posted:

Looks about as real as my avatar.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Payndz posted:

Her father was a cyborg and her mother was a regular human, she's half-cyborg.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

BonoMan posted:

That looks like a still from a Wes Anderson stop motion gig.

It must be an in joke referencing the Arnold motorcycle stunt double from 2.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Her father was a cyborg and her mother was a regular human, she's half-cyborg.

hell yeah terminator and hyperion exist in the same universe

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

When they opened up Mackenzie all I could think of was a bees nest with the honey seeping out.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

JazzFlight posted:

I can't believe how accurate this video continues to be about every modern movie trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAOdjqyG37A

That being said, somehow this formula still works on me, haha. I like these slower, darker song covers.

This is amazing.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm a simple man: Arnold is in a movie, I see it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Retrowave Joe posted:

Looks alright I guess, I'm glad that they didn't spoil the entire movie for a change and it's cool to finally see Linda Hamilton back in a Terminator flick.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Firstborn posted:

I'm a simple man: Arnold is in a movie, I see it.

And how is Around the World in 80 Days (2004)?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Honestly? Better than its reputation. Certainly a lot more fun than the stuffy 1956 version.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Retrowave Joe posted:

Not only is this Bjork cover bad, but the movie looks kinda bad too lmao

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Mierenneuker posted:

And how is Around the World in 80 Days (2004)?

Not great.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Retrowave Joe posted:

I want to talk about how GENISYS was a scathing critique of the franchise in all of its subversions (Sarah is soft and kept, Kyle is having to be dragged through the plot, John is literally Skynet, and so on) and was actually p.good for it, and this new DARK FATE looks terrible by comparison... but I'm not going to.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the cast for genisys was like a rogues gallery of hollywood's blandest actors (aside from jk simmons). this is superseded by sam worthington being the lead in the previous installment.

hell, the best parts of it were the near shot-for-shot remakes of the Classic Scenes imo

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Nah, the best parts of Genisys were when they got creative with the nano-bots, like the MRI scene and it launching little bits of itself through Arnold in their final fight. Movie had its issues, but it's way better than the real nadir of the franchise in 3, which I guess is why they're copying that one the most closely, with stuff like the part solid / part liquid Terminator.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sir Kodiak posted:

Nah, the best parts of Genisys were when they got creative with the nano-bots, like the MRI scene and it launching little bits of itself through Arnold in their final fight. Movie had its issues, but it's way better than the real nadir of the franchise in 3, which I guess is why they're copying that one the most closely, with stuff like the part solid / part liquid Terminator.

T3 isn't even close to being the nadir of the franchise. If nothing else it wins points for the ending.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yeah salvation is infinitely worse than 3 which gave us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okJHQ3hjqrI

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/1131605962673012736

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I just like Patrick Stewart.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Salvation is well shot and has great production design. As long as you can suffer through the bad parts—when literally anyone is talking—there's a lot to like. Whereas Rise of the Machines is good for about 30 seconds at the very end.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Sir Kodiak posted:

Salvation is well shot and has great production design. As long as you can suffer through the bad parts—when literally anyone is talking—there's a lot to like. Whereas Rise of the Machines is good for about 30 seconds at the very end.

That and the psychologist. https://youtu.be/g4NR_2wKyEU

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Jedit posted:

T3 isn't even close to being the nadir of the franchise. If nothing else it wins points for the ending.

Sir Kodiak posted:

What’s weird is watching the Dark Fate trailer I felt like I’d seen the liquid-metal-over-endoskeleton before, but apparently I’ve deleted T3 from my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Yeah but this time the liquid man can separate from the skellington and exist as his own terminator - some kind of a balloon terminator i suppose.