Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Warbird posted:

We had some dude from up there that worked down in the Carolinas that was always going there and I could never understand why. Sorry for your terrible food. If it's any consolation, people here use vinegar based bbq sauce like animals. Don't get me started on the affront to god and man that is mustard base.

NC is where I moved from. I miss Bojangles more than I've missed anything in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
to be fair I 100% support 'just make a supercut of all the very cool head smashings'

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Death-To-America Ellen is the best character since Officer Jigsaw

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As I listen to some of the early episodes of Balance, it remains clear to me that bitching about Travis is way more distracting and obnoxious than Travis being Travis. I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing that wasn't recorded (Griffin mentions having to fix Travis's character sheet), but god drat there is always so much outcry whenever Magnus does anything.

At least from what I've been listening to, Travis doesn't even come close to the worst partner I've had in a D&D campaign, so maybe I'm just a little more resistant to it?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

been deep in the Sawbones archives for a while now, so I know this is old news, but I can't believe they devoted nearly a whole episode to the British reality–horror/mockumentary 'Ghostwatch'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostwatch

Such a weird part of my childhood. The show just happened to be set in the little town in greater London I was growing up in. All the kids I knew claimed to know where the haunted house was, that they'd been there. It was huge.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 23, 2019

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
It drives me nuts when Justin shits on Travis in MBMBAM over innocuous suggestions that are in no way worse or less funny than a coin that lets the characters do Spartan kicks 8 times. The middle brother energy is strong in that family.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The last third of this episode was incredible. Something about pretending to be celebrities doing weird poo poo really clicks.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Silynt posted:

It drives me nuts when Justin shits on Travis in MBMBAM over innocuous suggestions that are in no way worse or less funny than a coin that lets the characters do Spartan kicks 8 times. The middle brother energy is strong in that family.

It’s true, and this occurred to me during that segment as well. Travis makes some dumb jokes and definitely has a different sense of humor than Justin and Griffin, but he’s still funny in his own way. And him being unfunny is also funny.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't remember what did travis suggest?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
There are times when Travis has the need to jump onto a joke with his takes and quips far too often in a section, but he's definitely got his moments and the podcast simply wouldn't be the same without his weird antics.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
In general, Justin seems to only speak when he thinks he has a good joke that many people will enjoy, Travis tells jokes that are funny to him, and Griffin spams jokes violently until something sticks. At least that’s how I observe it. It brings a good balance.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Every three-host podcast is inherently going to have someone who is Extra, yet whose absence would cripple the show. For MBMBAM, Travis is that Extra.

See also:

HDTGM: June
Action Boyz: Stanger
Cum Town: Adam

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
In that particular moment Travis didn’t say anything that got ragged on, I was just using that as an example of a joke of Justin’s that I didn’t think landed but his brothers still ran with. A better example from another part of the episode would be the wine question. Travis says you could tell people that one of the glasses is poisoned, and Justin’s response was “That’s a bad idea. That’s nothing, that’s less than nothing”. Yes And, Justin!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

listening back to the salt lake city show i think we're eventually going to get a live show like this

"hey let's start with a yahoo"
"alright this yahoo comes from the delivery man seth--"
"I WANNA MUNCH"
*after*
"alright, do your yahoo now"
"this yahoo comes from the--"
"RIDDLE ME PISS BOYS"
*after*
"okay that was a good riddle, this yahoo comes from"
"DOODOODOODOODODODOOODOODOO we got a haunted doll watch"
*after*
"this yahoo c"
"oh look I have a sad lib!"
*after*
"this ya"
"THATS A CHRISTMAS TO ME"
*after*
"th--"
"CELEBRITY WINE, WHYYYYYYY NOOOOOOT"
"t"
"FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM"

Silynt posted:

In that particular moment Travis didn’t say anything that got ragged on, I was just using that as an example of a joke of Justin’s that I didn’t think landed but his brothers still ran with. A better example from another part of the episode would be the wine question. Travis says you could tell people that one of the glasses is poisoned, and Justin’s response was “That’s a bad idea. That’s nothing, that’s less than nothing”. Yes And, Justin!
they also clearly like Riddle Me Piss and pretend to hate it when it's done live even though it's always good

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 23, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Laterite posted:

Every three-host podcast is inherently going to have someone who is Extra, yet whose absence would cripple the show. For MBMBAM, Travis is that Extra.

See also:

HDTGM: June
Action Boyz: Stanger
Cum Town: Adam

I don't know about June, she's amazing but so busy with projects she's not in roughly a third or more episodes and they are usually still good. They pick guests pretty wisely though that act as a decent June analogue.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

i loved this segment. super hope it's back this year.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The 7th Guest posted:

they also clearly like Riddle Me Piss and pretend to hate it when it's done live even though it's always good

They've actually said specifically that they like Riddle Me Piss haven't they, on an episode

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

listening back to the salt lake city show i think we're eventually going to get a live show like this

"hey let's start with a yahoo"
"alright this yahoo comes from the delivery man seth--"
"I WANNA MUNCH"
*after*
"alright, do your yahoo now"
"this yahoo comes from the--"
"RIDDLE ME PISS BOYS"
*after*
"okay that was a good riddle, this yahoo comes from"
"DOODOODOODOODODODOOODOODOO we got a haunted doll watch"
*after*
"this yahoo c"
"oh look I have a sad lib!"
*after*
"this ya"
*after*
"th--"
"CELEBRITY WINE, WHYYYYYYY NOOOOOOT"
"t"
"FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM"

Oops All Bits: Live!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Riddle Me Piss is so good, it's like a final Yahoo in the middle of the show

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Sometimes I feel like Griffin is the extra one instead of Travis.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, he hasn't had a bit to call his own since, what, Monthly Observations?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

He’s the lead on Yahoo Answers, what else does he need?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I think people forget that Travis picks out the advice questions too, and does a low key great job on that

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I don't like that he throws out questions though, that seems quite wasteful.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Tears In A Vial posted:

i loved this segment. super hope it's back this year.

It’s hilarious, one of the best, but it requires a lot of time that’s just Justin without much interaction (singing the intro, reading three separate movie blurbs) so I can see them not wanting to lean too heavily on it. It could outstay its welcome if they do it too much....but thankfully by its very nature it’s the kind of joke they can only tell for a few weeks every year.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, he hasn't had a bit to call his own since, what, Monthly Observations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIfEJIVgwAk

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/careydraws/status/1131616332070436864

HELLO SIRS

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I guess I should probably go put in a pre-order at my local comics shop or something.

Also, I'm slightly surprised munch squad didn't touch on the BK Sad meal stuff...too low hanging?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
there's about enough of a goof in the bk piss meal to fit into a tweet and not a lot more than that (and it being marketing for mental health -- even though it's very tone deaf marketing -- might make them decide to pass)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also it being a jab at McDonald's kinda undermines any legitimate point it might have about mental health

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Morpheus posted:

They've actually said specifically that they like Riddle Me Piss haven't they, on an episode

Travis himself called Sadlibs and Riddle Me Piss bad bits but Justin corrects him and called RMP great in either 458 or 457, it was really recent.

Also I'd love for Celebrity Wine, Wine Not to return, that had me in stitches (i work in a liquor store)

Waffleman_ posted:

Also it being a jab at McDonald's kinda undermines any legitimate point it might have about mental health

The fact that fast food companies grind up employees into a fine paste also extremely undermines it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Waffleman_ posted:

one of the non-piss meals is called the 'yass meal' so i imagine some marketing rear end in a top hat asked an intern what kids these days were like and all they got was 'memes and depression'

which, yknow, tracks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm still stuck on Hand Dog and Face Cat, honestly.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Re-listened to 403 last night and Travis’ five knives bit in the last question was very good. Then Justin built on it, and Griffin’s was actually the least funny. Just pointing it out to reinforce that the bagging on Travis is pretty unfair because they all have clunkers.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

MBMBAM 420 when

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Shinjobi posted:

I'm still stuck on Hand Dog and Face Cat, honestly.

The drawn out thought process of hand dog's threat to you and your family was gold

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

Re-listened to 403 last night and Travis’ five knives bit in the last question was very good. Then Justin built on it, and Griffin’s was actually the least funny. Just pointing it out to reinforce that the bagging on Travis is pretty unfair because they all have clunkers.

SCHLORP!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The Burger King Box With The Word Piss On It is funny in a vacuum, but in context it’s pretty blah. It’s not genuinely funny like the coupon that you can only redeem from within a McDonalds, and it also doesn’t have that “this might have sounded appealing in some marketing meeting but it’s actually crazy” factor like the Dairy Queen summer survey.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

timp posted:

SCHLORP!

Goes the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

anti-america ellen degeneres is my new favorite character