Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beachcomber posted:

Do you think they'd come over and clean if I let them condescend and guilt me while they do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
UPDATE: AITA for sleeping with someone to spite their mother

quote:

A month ago, I shared this story - https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/be78v7/aita_for_sleeping_with_someone_to_spite_their/. Tl;dr I have a homophobic boss, met her son on Grindr, he hates her, we would pretend to be a couple at his birthday party to piss her off, my friends dumped me because of it.

All my friends but one are out of my life. She stayed friends with them and found out they don't have a problem with this incident as much as they do with me being on Grindr. Apparently they find it gross that I have casual sex?

The job I had lined up will happen. I had a call with them, they said they were considering 3 people but I am the most qualified, and they need to sort out some paperwork before they officially offer me the job. It's abroad.

Before the party, I met Sonny's friends to solidify the idea that we're a couple. We had drinks and watched GOT at his place. At the party, I came with a big gift, I embraced and kissed Sonny and he introduced me to everyone as his boyfriend. To Mommy, he said: "Mom, you already know OP from work, right? We're dating". She was quite obviously angry as gently caress and very badly pretended not to be. I smiled at her and shook her hand, and she just dumped her food and left us. Sonny's other family was very nice.

Granny arrived and she was super excited to meet me. She asked if I met Mommy. I told her I already knew her from work, so she asked what she was like there, and I said something diplomatic like "There are good times and bad times, just like at any job" (I don't remember my exact words). She took my hand and told me I seem like a nice person and that she's happy Sonny has me.

Mommy was in the kitchen the rest of the party, avoiding everyone. I barely saw her again before she left. At work, she hasn't spoken to me. She usually starts pestering me with her bullshit on Monday at 8 am but she hasn't said a single word to me nor has she looked at me. Several people noticed and asked me what was going on and I said I don't know.

Back to Saturday, after the party, I stayed to talk to Sonny alone. He didn't seem to be in a good mood, and I assumed it was because he expected a worse reaction from Mommy. But then he said he had something to tell me. Apparently, us meeting on Grindr wasn't a coincidence. He came across my profile by accident but he recognized me from the staff photos from our college's website. He said he was very sorry, he didn't expect me to go with his plan at all, he initially just wanted to rant about his mother to someone who might understand. I guess I'm mostly okay with that, but I wish he had told me sooner. But then he also said he has feelings for me. We spend so much time together, we text all the time, we have dinners, we sleep over, and it just happened. I get it. I'm not exactly cold as ice when it comes to him either. But still, I will be moving away in August. And there's the whole Mommy situation.

So yeah. I got NTA the last time, but I'm starting to feel like this is something I really didn't need in my life.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

What is it about weddings that turns people stark raving mad?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

FoolyCharged posted:

What is it about weddings that turns people stark raving mad?

They're often expensive, emotional, and logistically complicated. And ideally something you do only once.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

and a lot of people get raised being told that it's ~their daaaay~ when the whole world is supposed to be about them and all of their whims must be catered to and it's perfect, absolutely perfect, so any indication otherwise is taken as a calculated plot to ruin their one day

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

In my experience with family/friends that have gotten married, sometimes the parents work up a sander over what they envision being perfect for their kids.

I had a cousin that got eloped because her mother was being a total buttinski about what would be ~perfect~, i.e. what she though would be perfect, not what her daughter actually wanted.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

MasBrillante posted:

Totally not a narcissist. Also apparently this was published in Good Housekeeping? That always did seem like the magazine choice of control freak housewives everywhere.

Elle Decor. Not trying to scry into the journalistic goals of said mag, but I wonder how much the writer or editor was expecting readers to read betwen the lines. The headline at face value implies they're on the mother's side.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

and a lot of people get raised being told that it's ~their daaaay~ when the whole world is supposed to be about them and all of their whims must be catered to and it's perfect, absolutely perfect, so any indication otherwise is taken as a calculated plot to ruin their one day

And then sometimes weddings get hijacked by relatives of the people getting married and make it about themselves instead, like with the two grooms from that last story.

ad090 posted:

UPDATE: AITA for sleeping with someone to spite their mother

"We're just dating to spite mom, but oh whoops we developed feelings for each other"

Screw that guy's ex-friends though

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

Do you think they'd come over and clean if I let them condescend and guilt me while they do it?

almost certain this is my partners stepmothers kink

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kimbo305 posted:

Elle Decor. Not trying to scry into the journalistic goals of said mag, but I wonder how much the writer or editor was expecting readers to read betwen the lines. The headline at face value implies they're on the mother's side.

At the bottom of the article it says “original published in Good Housekeeping US”

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If your friends abandon you for being on Grindr they're lovely fun hating friends anyway. Keep having fun, guy.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

DemoneeHo posted:

"We're just dating to spite mom, but oh whoops we developed feelings for each other"

It would be :kimchi: but because of the whole cross country moving thing its :smith:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

If your friends abandon you for being on Grindr they're lovely fun hating friends anyway. Keep having fun, guy.

Having gay friends on grindr is amazing because you get to hear about all the loving insane poo poo that happens on Grindr. My personal favorite time was the weekend the Furry convention was in town

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

FoolyCharged posted:

It would be :kimchi: but because of the whole cross country moving thing its :smith:

I was looking in the comments and OP says it's not too far away, so he can visit on weekends. So it's not all bad.

It will probably go the way of most LDRs, however :smith:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

DemoneeHo posted:

It will probably go the way of most LDRs, however :smith:

Hey that just means more content for the thread.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You guys are missing the obvious outcome that he is not getting that job after they call his boss for a reference.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Paul Zuvella posted:

Having gay friends on grindr is amazing because you get to hear about all the loving insane poo poo that happens on Grindr. My personal favorite time was the weekend the Furry convention was in town

You ought to be banned for hinting at some juicy deets like this and keeping them all to yourself.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

You guys are missing the obvious outcome that he is not getting that job after they call his boss for a reference.

She wants to get rid of him.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Vim Fuego posted:

men dont plan weddings

drat i know some gay dudes who would be furious and would of went for the juggler if their family tried to tell them that poo poo.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

snergle posted:

would of went for the juggler

Lol, this is good.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Llab posted:

I’m never prepared for the heartwarming ones. I’m glad they worked it out in a good way

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, the unforgivable sin, the buried lede...nothing. Just a good bro and a good teen making things ok.

Leon Einstein posted:

Omitting what caused the estrangement makes it very clear who is at fault.

Yeah, it's just like anyone complaining that they got ghosted/estranged/kids taken away/thrown out of Burlington coat factory over 'one mistake'.... You know it's drugs. Every time.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

snergle posted:

would of went for the juggler

Never been to a wedding with a juggler despite having been to many that were loving circuses.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

snergle posted:

drat i know some gay dudes who would be furious and would of went for the juggler if their family tried to tell them that poo poo.

What do gay dudes have against the circus arts?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

13Pandora13 posted:

Today in "Unreliable as gently caress Narrators": https://www.elledecor.com/life-culture/a27558969/sheri-mcgregor-estrangement-mother-son/

...so she said she wasn't coming unless XYZ, right? And he called to confirm she was sticking to her guns on that?

Nope, definitely not a manipulative narcissist at all!

quote:

It was close to midnight when the phone rang, and I grabbed it fast. My husband was sick and had just settled down to sleep and I was afraid it would wake him. I honestly don't remember most of what was said in that conversation, but thinking about it now still puts my stomach in knots. I do remember Dan explaining, in a very clear, very matter-of-fact tone that he'd never used with me before, that his fiancée's family would not be coming to the rehearsal dinner we'd planned. At first I was so shocked that I didn't even reply. That's when he put his fiancée on the phone and she said something like, "That's my family." To which I responded that I didn't know what she meant. Dan came back on and said something about me being unfriendly at the bridal shower the month before. I was stunned. Hearing his accusation hurt, and Dan knew me better than that.

My husband and I were in disbelief. How could a person you've loved your whole life act that way? The next few days were spent in a sort of waiting mode, just trying to keep busy. When Dan did call again, it wasn't to apologize or explain. He called to confirm that we wouldn't be at the wedding. When he said he was just confirming that we would not be at the wedding, and that they needed to know for "the plates," tears slid down my cheeks. I was his mother, diminished to a number on a catering order.

What the gently caress is this timeline.

1) She said something to the fiancee's family.
2) Fiancee's family says they aren't coming to the rehearsal dinner.
3) ???
4) Call to confirm that she won't be at the wedding.

What?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Admiral Ray posted:

3) ???

What?

It's hard to recount events in a logical manner when you're omitting anything that paints you as anything but the victim.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Oh and the best part of that is

quote:

I honestly don't remember most of what was said in that conversation,

:thunk:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

tactlessbastard posted:

What do gay dudes have against the circus arts?

Circuses have too many lions and tigers, not enough bears

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

Oh and the best part of that is

:thunk:

It was seventy three pages worth of carefully researched and supported grievances with times dates and cross references

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

3) ???

What?

What has always fascinated me is the question of whether they actually experience memory like this - as a series of disjointed events with all their actions erased - or if they just narrate it that way.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MasBrillante posted:

What has always fascinated me is the question of whether they actually experience memory like this - as a series of disjointed events with all their actions erased - or if they just narrate it that way.

One of the symptoms of borderline personality disorder is that a person with bpd will automatically edit their own memories of events, mostly to omit the incredibly hosed up and hostile actions they perpetrate against loved ones. This results in them being unable to understand other people's natural and normal reactions to them- pulling back, ceasing to trust, and cutting off contact.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

quote:

The number of guests grew from 32 to 86 and every time we tried to fight it, our parents said: "Don't worry, we're paying for it!"

:ughh:

My MiL tried this when we got married (we were shooting for 60-75 total, she wanted to invite literally everyone in the extended family address book, which would have pushed the list up above 150.)

My wife had to draw the line at "if I can't recall interacting with someone in the past five years I don't want to invite them" and MiL was suuuuuuuuuuuuper butthurt.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edit: Okay that one was lame. Here's a replacement.

AITA For getting extremely mad with my wife because she got a tattoo on her hand when we both agreed since the start of the relationship that was the only place I would mind her having a tattoo?

quote:

She loves tattoos and I knew that from the start of the relationship and I’m totally okay with it, I have nothing against it, many people from my family has it including my own brother, but the only place I asked where I would mind very much was on her hands, face and neck and she was totally okay with it and said she wouldn’t never get any tattoos on those places.

So this week was my wife birthday and for her birthday present I gave her two tattoos that she wanted to get done, everything went okay she sent me the pictures of the both tattoos and they looked very good, but then she said: “I need to show you something” then sent a picture of her hand tattooed saying that the guy gave it for her for free.... When I saw the picture I went for being extremely happy for her to extremely mad at her!

So ever since that happened we haven’t really spoked to much with each other and for me is being very hard to digest this.

I’m AITA here? I’m overreacting?

Edit:

I think you guys are not getting why I’m mad, I know it’s her body and she can do whatever she wants to do with it and I will never stop her to do so.

I’m mad that we agreed in something and she purposely broke it and without asking me if I was ok with it.

What good relationship is if we can’t keep a simple agreement? If she wanted to get tattoos on those place she should’ve just said that she wouldn’t agree with those terms.

Edit 2:

I mentioned this to her couple of times through the years and while she was getting it she knew I would lose my poo poo because of it. So yeah she was totally aware of it and how I would react to it.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 23, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Wife totally did that on purpose as a power play. His best way to deal with it is to not give a poo poo and then her play was a failure.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA For getting extremely mad with my wife because she got a tattoo on her hand when we both agreed since the start of the relationship that was the only place I would mind her having a tattoo?

NTA.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for refusing to stop drinking for my boyfriend?

quote:

Okay, I know the title is very incendiary so let me explain.

My boyfriend and I are in our mid twenties and have been together a little over 2 years. He was a chain smoker when we started dating, but thanks to my incessant nagging, he was able to quit.

For a while.

Now he’s starting up again and just trying to hide it from me, which is impossible because the smell just reeks. My uncle died of lung cancer and it was an absolutely awful way to go, so I told him that we can get him the patch, pills, or whatever he needs to quit, but I can’t stay with him if he’s going to keep smoking.

He gets very defensive, saying I don’t know what it’s like to be so addicted to something. And he’s right. I know it will be extremely hard, but people quit every day and it’s not impossible. So he told me he’ll quit if I quit drinking.

For some background, I don’t have a drinking problem. I’m in my twenties and I admittedly spend every Saturday at the bar with my friends, but that’s about it. I don’t drink alone. I very rarely drink during the week. I never come home after work and crack open a beer (not that there’s anything wrong with that). I refused, because I feel like he’s just trying to take something away from me to be spiteful. My occasional drink isn’t going to kill me. His cigarettes probably will kill him.

I offered to stay sober for a few months out of solidarity to help him get over the worst of it, but he refused. He said if he has to give up cigarettes forever, I have to give up alcohol. And tried to turn it around saying that I must love drinking more than him (I had said something similar about smoking). So I refused. But now I feel guilty. After all, it might actually help him quit and save his life. It could save our relationship, and I’m basically throwing that away to have beers on the weekend.

AITA?

Takes this guy no time at all to hold his girlfriend's happiness hostage so he doesn't have to stop smelling like rear end.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

fuckin Mcdonalds shift manager of a husband

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

chitoryu12 posted:

I hope she torpedoed their relationship to get a tattoo of a mustache on her finger.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sex addict and my marriage....

quote:

Ok so I am married with a child and a second coming In a few weeks. I started posting pics on Reddit few weeks ago and liked the attention and honestly I just love dicks. Been having a sexual awakening recently and me and my hubby have been trying lots of new things. I love giving him BJs like ALOT! But I keep obessessing over dicks! I like them, I want more of them but I love my husband's too alot, but I just want more..... I had a few BJ sessions with a co-worker a year ago with my husband's permission cause we were experimenting with things..... I didn't have sex with him but I wanted to bad.... So that's how I knew I liked doing it so much. And since then I've had trouble not thinking about it. I love going down on my husband and making him cum, and love loving him..... But I just keep thinking about that guy. Not all the time but often enough..... I wish I had hosed him for the full experience, but that was against me and my hubby's agreement..... But I loved feeling the guys dick in my mouth and tried to take it all, (couldn't cause he was about 2 or 3 inches longer) but I just loved the way it felt and how it made him feel. I just loved the attention, the ability to make some guy feel so good! I mean he was calling my name and made me feel sexy tired once. He came in my mouth all 3 times and he usually only lasted like 2 or 3 minutes.... I also enjoyed the challenge of trying to fit his bigger cock in my mouth which us just a different experience. I still wish I could gently caress him just to see what sex with a BBC is like but my hubby is not ok with that at all. I also am obessessing about threesomes with my husband and other men as well as other women but especially other men. Like I just get wet thinking about my husband and another taking turns loving me and I want to give them BJs at the same time and have them cum all over me...... I also just want try sex with a woman. The problem is that my hubby asked me to stop and I did. But now I am obessessing about dicks, loving them, sucking them, holding them.... And the size and such isn't that important, I just want dicks..... I don't know exactly why but I do. And it bothers my husband that I like it so much and want more. He keeps feeling like I don't particularly want him anymore, which I certainly do, but I just want this in addition. But I absolutely can not lose my husband and love him to death. I don't know why I have this new obsession or what it means, and I'm not sure what to do about it...... I just want to be able to move beyond this.....

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

goddamn i wish we could hack a Gibson to find these photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

UPDATE - My [29F] girlfriend [27f] of 4 years just told me that she's pregnant...I'm a woman, so it can't be mine. But she swears she didn't cheat. What do I do?

quote:

So, a lot has happened since the original post. Thank you to everyone that responded with helpful comments. It seems like most people came to three possible conclusions with Ana's pregnancy:

She cheated on me and got pregnant

She was the victim of a drugging scenario and doesn't remember anything

The doctor is wrong

After spending the night at my friend's house and ignoring Ana's calls and texts, I decided to see her the next day to talk. We made a plan to meet at our house after work. I wasn't sure what to expect from our conversation - I thought I might get a confession of her cheating on me, or something along those lines.

So, we met at home. She asked me how I was doing, and I told her that I was still pretty confused and upset. She understood. Then I said, "I have to know, did you sleep with someone? Or cheat on me? Or come near sperm in any way, shape, or form since we have been together?" She swore up and down that she did not. Very sincerely. She said, "I know that this is loving crazy and literally unbelieveable, but I swear to god I didn't cheat on you. I am just as confused as you are."

I still wasn't entirely convinced, so I asked her about the doctor's visit specifically. She did not get an ultrasound, they only took a urine sample. I guess she told them her symptoms, they took a urine sample, concluded she was pregnant, and sent her on her way. I asked why they gave her a specific gestation period, and she didn't know. I'm not entirely sure why they did, either.

Of course, I was like, did you tell the doctor that it's impossible that you're pregnant? That you've been with a woman for the last 4 years? And the doctor gave her grief for it!! Essentially implied that she must have slept with a man, because she's pregnant, and that's why she was experiencing her symptoms. I'm not sure if this is a common occurance for a doctor, but she said he seemed completely unfazed by her claims of not having slept with a man. For those of you that mentioned her period, Ana has an irregular period - sometimes she gets it, and sometimes she doesn't. So there was no cause for alarm when she didn't get her period for three months because a) she can't get pregnant and b) more sex for us. I guess the doctor saw the signs of a postivie pregnancy test and lack of period and pregnancy was the most reasonable option.

After hearing about that, I said that she should schedule another doctor's appointment with a different doctor as soon as possible. She told me that she had, and had the appointment the next day (yesterday). We decided it was best that I go with her to the appointment.

The first order of business with the new doctor was the ultrasound. I sat with Ana as they put the gel on her stomach and I was honestly sweating bullets. I kept thinking to myself, "What if she is actually pregnant". I thought I was going to pass out, but Ana seemed calm. They confirmed that Ana is not pregnant, but she had a mass on her ovary that was a cause for concern. It was one of the most emotionally confusing moments of my life. Ana and I looked at each other, not sure if we should celebrate the not-pregnancy, or cry, or what.

Ana still has more appointments, but the new doctor gave her the diagnosis of Stage 1 ovarian cancer. This explains the positive pregnancy test, and the bloated stomach. This also explains why she wasn't able to lose the weight in her stomach. The doctor also mentioned that the irregular periods should have been a sign of concern for Ana, as women with irregular periods can be more at risk for ovarian cancer.

I'm devastated and hopeful. Ana is still in shock, as she has been through a lot in the past couple of days. I am supporting her the best I can and we are figuring out a game plan. Naturally, we are both terrified of what's to come. This will be a huge part of her life, and my life, and probably put our plans to get engaged/married/have kids on hold (if she can even have kids after all of this).

Ana even joked about the fact that she wishes she had actually been pregnant with the messiah, that way we could keep the kid and not have this horrible diagnosis. So, I guess this is a happy/sad update. Thanks to everyone for reading.

TL;DR - Girlfriend isn't pregnant, but has ovarian cancer. The messiah hasn't returned.