Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I agree, but on the other hand I thought exactly the same thing about all the stuff Ballas spouted off about in The Chimera Prologue, which this plotline seems to mostly confirm. So who knows, really.

What exactly can you farm from the Silver Grove that's so important or valuable?

If I had to guess I would say Final Harbinger, a stance that suffers from the removal of quick attack so it's not that great anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

God drat I just built and filled an atomos full of forma. So how should I build the gaze?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bugfix: Survival missions are now much more difficult, for no reason and no extra reward.

also lmao:

Poor Hydroid. Wasn't he even in the bottom 10 most played in that end of the year recap that did?

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 24, 2019

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

clone on the phone posted:

God drat I just built and filled an atomos full of forma. So how should I build the gaze?

Ramble+Splat, load it with crit.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

It looks like it affects everything that "double-dips" with Desecrate. Chesa Kubrow, Kavat Stuff, Pilfering Swarm, whatever Khora's new thing is called, all have been "fixed" to not give more loot at the same time Desecrate does.

what in the absolute loving christ

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The one theory I see going around that makes a little sense is that there was some exploit that they caught, that was horribly broken and would have not been good if it got out, and they just silently fixed it and used Silver Grove as an excuse, which makes them merely look dumb instead of actively malicious. If it really was the Silver Grove that brought the hammer down on stacking loot drop powers that DE themselves have used and recommended in the past, they could have just moved the Spectre kill rewards to the end of mission screen or whatever.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Apparently corpses or parts of corpses can only spawn extra loot once, but you can still stack nekros/hydroid/khora to give you three chances for it to give that extra loot, you just can’t get 3x the amount of extra loot.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
How I can see this turning out: The Fun Way

Natah: We will return and bring this gala-

Tenno: What's your rate?

Natah: E-Excuse me?

Tenno: You're here because you want things dead right? What are you paying?

Natah: ...300 Plastids for the head of Nef Anyo

Tenno: DEAL

And then everything went back to normal because we're an amoral psychopath who really doesn't care about anything except for new hats and roombas.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont know how we're not working for Alad because he's controlling the entire supply of roombas.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I wonder how many roombas the dojos will end up with

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Where does the Stalker fit into all this? Didn't he want revenge for the Orokin?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Argas posted:

Where does the Stalker fit into all this? Didn't he want revenge for the Orokin?

into the latest update? he doesn't

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Argas posted:

Is the stalker a sentient?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

he wants revenge specifically against the Tenno, thats still his gig

he doesnt care where he gets his backing as long as he does that

oh no what if he becomes like best friend stalker and appears in missions like the mysterious stranger in Fallout.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

clone on the phone posted:

Is the stalker a sentient?

no but Hunhow upgraded him with sentient gear in The Second Dream, which is why he has adaptive armor

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Synthbuttrange posted:

I dont know how we're not working for Alad because he's controlling the entire supply of roombas.
He could literally put one as bait under a giant bugs-bunny-style net trap that would fail the mission but let you keep the roomba and every squad would reliably jump into it every time.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
The Tenno are just teenaged psychic space Witchers

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Archenteron posted:

The Tenno are just teenaged psychic space Witchers

if Witchers were playing both sides of the Finno-Russian War, maybe

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
There are so many people that want the Lotus dead.

I mean in the community, and I never got why.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

if Witchers were playing both sides of the Finno-Russian War, maybe

I mean, they pretty much were :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

There are so many people that want the Lotus dead.

I mean in the community, and I never got why.

the last person i asked basically said she reminded them of their absent / neglectful mother

which, i mean, fair enough. but i still think that's not quite what the story is trying to evoke

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I agree, but on the other hand I thought exactly the same thing about all the stuff Ballas spouted off about in The Chimera Prologue, which this plotline seems to mostly confirm. So who knows, really.

I hope they go for a mutual admiration setup where Natah is a being that knows only war, and so are the Tenno, and the Tenno are just utterly mercenary and without any consistent morals, so Natah goes "actually gently caress the Orokin AND gently caress the Sentients" and starts reshaping the Origin System in *her* image.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its nice that we dont have all that purple goop all over anymore

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

still got plenty of purple goop in my transmissions

I don't really have anything to add other than I too really like where DE are taking things. It's good that poo poo is at least a little confusing and still open to go in any number of directions.

Warframe is like if the formula for Lost actually worked.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay so about Disruption, so that I get it right: The only thing that matters is killing the Demolyst before it gets to the conduit, right?

And the bars are the Demolyst's health, not the conduit's health? :v:

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

endlessmonotony posted:

I hope they go for a mutual admiration setup where Natah is a being that knows only war, and so are the Tenno, and the Tenno are just utterly mercenary and without any consistent morals, so Natah goes "actually gently caress the Orokin AND gently caress the Sentients" and starts reshaping the Origin System in *her* image.

Honestly, the whole portrayal struck me as a new player catching up to the plot as so aimless and unengaging that at this point I don't really care what we do with Natah, fight her or redeem her, but I just want to wrap up with being my own Tenno, leaving the nest, and flying around with my kooky ship cephalon buddy deciding for myself who to assassinate to better the galaxy. Get that Ghost Mom telling me what to do off my screen, give me an Ordis talking head.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Okay so about Disruption, so that I get it right: The only thing that matters is killing the Demolyst before it gets to the conduit, right?

And the bars are the Demolyst's health, not the conduit's health? :v:

yes. your main goal is to find where the demolyst is, generally by listening for the loud as gently caress beeping, and grinding it down before it can blow up the conduit. the health bars on the side are for the demolysts tied to whatever conduits are active.

also the drop tables you roll from are entirely dependent on how many conduits you complete in a round, but you only need one conduit to pass a round. drop tables get better over time naturally as rounds go on but you can very easily start getting rotation c drops beginning with the second round as long as you're hitting 3-4 conduits.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So you can for example, hit rotation c by going full ham early and then slacking off and lettering all but one conduit get blown up and still get C rewards? :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nah, once it reaches round 4 and up you still gotta get 3-4 conduits to get a rotation c drop. also i was wrong in that you gotta get to round 3 for rotation c stuff, whoops.

also it's kind of in your best interests to play actively anyways because it makes things take less time. like conduits can get slammed out pretty quick if your team is on the ball about finding demolysts.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

looking at the table it seems like the best you can do is BBCCCCCC and you always need to defend at least 3 to get C

e: beaten

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Is there anything unique to A rewards that you can only get by sandbagging on rounds 1 - 3? :doh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
So slowing down the whole level with Nova is bad again?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Kobogartimer posted:

Is there anything unique to A rewards that you can only get by sandbagging on rounds 1 - 3? :doh:

i'm not sure if aero agility in rotation a is unique as a disruption drop or if it can drop randomly like basically any other of the new set mods, but i think it's the only one i don't have yet and it could very well just be a luck thing on my end. it's probably a random amalgam drop. otherwise there's nothing really unique. i wish they would buff the hexenon reward values a bit.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

So slowing down the whole level with Nova is bad again?

not exactly, it can be really helpful to keep later rounds from turning into a clusterfuck. the beeping is loud enough to where distance shouldn't matter too much as long as you duck into each direction a little just to see if you hear the demolyst, and at that point you just bolt for it and take it out. i would say to not worry about it, generally the things can be easily found before they would even get into nova range, especially since conduits tend to be spread out. so, realistically, any time loss would be minimal and it's still faster than most game modes anyways.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Synthbuttrange posted:

he wants revenge specifically against the Tenno, thats still his gig

he doesnt care where he gets his backing as long as he does that

oh no what if he becomes like best friend stalker and appears in missions like the mysterious stranger in Fallout.

I'm fine with the Stalker still wanting to murder us, it just feels weird to accept help from the Sentients.

I mean, his e-mails are already super silly with certain bosses.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

As a Garuda toucher, I have to say she's really useful in disruption. All her stuff works well against Corpus, and tagging the demos with 4 every time they purge keeps them stunned and full of a billion slashes.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Argas posted:

I mean, his e-mails are already super silly with certain bosses.

Your crimes against Lephantis cannot be forgiven. There was no reason to murder that poor tumor.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Boy, breaking out my Zephyr Prime for the Ropalolyst assassination mission sure is satisfying. Since it's a relatively easy fight, the real game is in the race to see who can hit the button first or get the satisfaction of zooming up to grab ahold of that big turkey to guide it into those giant bugzappers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stalker is going after tenno 24/7 even though he knows he can't kill them. boss kills are his version of eeny meeny miny moe. he doesn't care about dead bosses.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Unperson_47 posted:

Boy, breaking out my Zephyr Prime for the Ropalolyst assassination mission sure is satisfying. Since it's a relatively easy fight, the real game is in the race to see who can hit the button first or get the satisfaction of zooming up to grab ahold of that big turkey to guide it into those giant bugzappers.

Titania is also ace for the fight - Dex Pixia are particularly good when you need to dump damage on the radiator thingies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I find the radiators too wriggly to hit reliably! are they vulnerable to AOE like simulor, staticor, antimatter drop etc?