Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Arist posted:

*banging on table*

WHERE'S.

MY.

BENCHMARK.

It's out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ChaseSP posted:

It's out now.

Theoretically out. I think the servers just ate poo poo; I'm getting an Access Denied error.

edit: nevermind, just worked

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Link?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Arist posted:

*banging on table*

WHERE'S.

MY.

BENCHMARK.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/download/

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Vermain posted:

Theoretically out. I think the servers just ate poo poo; I'm getting an Access Denied error.

edit: nevermind, just worked

did you just keep trying? i keep getting denied

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

👀

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ashtarath posted:

did you just keep trying? i keep getting denied

I got the Access Denied page and then refreshed it, which allowed the download. Give that a try.

edit: Looks like the download failed after all. Hopefully someone'll get a torrent up and running soon.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
download works intermittently for people, some of my FC mates are getting access denied but myself and one other just completed it (as in right this moment)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Someone pointed out to me that the MCH Heat Gauge was used to cast Wildfire-- it ate 50 heat when the MCH cast it, and then the gauge switched from tracking heat to having a Wildfire timer.

So no, I don't think MCH is going to be clockwork any more.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Sam analysis:

4:29 - Does a move with no sen that fills their kenki gauge from 55, so at minimum it's a free 45 kenki
4:40- Follows meikyo with what I am pretty sure is true north, so that's still around.
4:52- 50 kenki spender, creates a second katana and does an x slash.
4:59- Double midare, interesting that they did not kaiten the second one.
5:03 to 5:08- Meditates and then immediately follows it up with an attack

In the shamefully brief bit where they spoke about samurai, they said they, "had reviewed and revised the effects of hagakure so that you can activate midare more smoothly." Given that, my hunch is that the 4:29 ability is traited hagakure and it's going to burn no sen for the same effect. This would remove essentially all friction from the sam rotation, but having to manage another long cooldown high cost spender may add some back.

In the benchmark, you can see a samurai do the meditat > ws combo, they meditate for 1.5-2 seconds tops before doing it.

Conclusion: :krad:

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 24, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Someone pointed out to me that the MCH Heat Gauge was used to cast Wildfire-- it ate 50 heat when the MCH cast it, and then the gauge switched from tracking heat to having a Wildfire timer.

So no, I don't think MCH is going to be clockwork any more.

:rip: My homie old MCH.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Seems good, I love the look of all the areas in the benchmark also.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh my god I can't decide if I'm going to level Gunbreaker or Scholar first. I love Scholar so much but Gunbreaker seems sick as hell, too.

What ever will I do :ohdear:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So is it me or... does Hrothgar literally not have any access to hairstyles? Because uh, locking an entire race out of one of the game's primary glam features which is used as a prize seems uh... bad.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Harrow posted:

Oh my god I can't decide if I'm going to level Gunbreaker or Scholar first. I love Scholar so much but Gunbreaker seems sick as hell, too.

What ever will I do :ohdear:

Just think of the cutscenes. Big bad evil guy is going to turn towards you menacingly. You're going to strike a pose and pull out a:
a) book like a nerd
b) sickass gun sword like a badass

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Can't wait for SMN to be a poo poo job for the first two patches of the expansion, As Is Tradition. RIP DWT.

Also gently caress you for taking away the job quests, especially for DoH. The capstone level 80 quest better be long and multipart (and better exist for DoL and DoH but I have a bad feeling about that. )

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

That PLD armor looks dope

e: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers Benchmark
Tested on: 5/23/2019 22:31:54
Score: 13578
Average Frame Rate: 97.11282
Minimum Frame Rate: 40
Performance: Extremely High
-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
Loading Times by Scene
Scene #1 1.856 sec
Scene #2 3.393 sec
Scene #3 4.081 sec
Scene #4 2.747 sec
Scene #5 1.487 sec
Total Loading Time 13.564 sec

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Did they say if they were deleting Riddle of Fire? I missed that part of the live letter.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is that a flying pig?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i'm extremely into the checkered scarves some of the outfits have

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Just think of the cutscenes. Big bad evil guy is going to turn towards you menacingly. You're going to strike a pose and pull out a:
a) book like a nerd
b) sickass gun sword like a badass

Yeah, who am I kidding, Gunbreaker is way too badass not to level first

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Alphinaud and Alisaie got the short end of the NPC glamour stick because I think they're just in SB leveling gear.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The hrothgar have only 4 faces and each face has 2 hairstyles. Face and hairstyle are intrinsically linked.

This seems... not good?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

So is it me or... does Hrothgar literally not have any access to hairstyles? Because uh, locking an entire race out of one of the game's primary glam features which is used as a prize seems uh... bad.

changing the Face allows access to different Facial Features and Tattoos, it's weird but that's how you get different hairstyles and beards and things

also look at my HANDSOME BOY

i am also EXTREMELY HIGH even though it didn't even run in full screen mode

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I have a very late lore question regarding Shadowbringers:

In the trailer, Urangier and Y'shtola are doing a thing. Except Urangier calls her Matoya??? I'd just like to confirm that I'm not hearing things.

Unrelated:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SL the Pyro posted:

In the trailer, Urangier and Y'shtola are doing a thing. Except Urangier calls her Matoya??? I'd just like to confirm that I'm not hearing things.

Unrelated:

You're not hearing things, and nothing about that exchange has been revealed yet.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There is the chance that this is bizarro world and they may just be alternate versions.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

SL the Pyro posted:

You heard correctly and I don't think it needs to be spoilered. This is not yet explained. Possible reasons include Matoya warging into Shtola's soulless carcass due to her own demise, or Shtola taking on the title due to Matoya's death by Shadowbringing, age, and/or extended exposure to Alphinaud.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nessus posted:

You heard correctly and I don't think it needs to be spoilered. This is not yet explained. Possible reasons include Matoya warging into Shtola's soulless carcass due to her own demise, or Shtola taking on the title due to Matoya's death by Shadowbringing, age, and/or extended exposure to Alphinaud.
It's probably a Freaky Friday situation.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Did paladin get holy 0.5?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

changing the Face allows access to different Facial Features and Tattoos, it's weird but that's how you get different hairstyles and beards and things

also look at my HANDSOME BOY

i am also EXTREMELY HIGH even though it didn't even run in full screen mode

No, I get that. But the issue there is that unless I'm missing something or they do something special for Hrothgar they have no access to new hairstyles like literally all the other races. That's super lovely because it means that Hrothgar players are getting even further left in the rain when it comes to event prizes or whatever. Considering they give away special hairstyles as prizes for contests (Strife Hair) and include it as part of the cost for Mogstation things, it feels like a pretty big oversight.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

So a new Flare that is ST and does more damage than Flare, and a new Foul that is ST and does more damage than Foul and is instant.

Xenoglossy is a no-brainer replacement for Foul on ST, the not-Flare thing is a little more interesting because it still munches all your MP like Flare does. The obvious thing would be to end every Astral Fire phase with it, but I'm interested to see if people figure out a more optimal use for it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ImpAtom posted:

No, I get that. But the issue there is that unless I'm missing something or they do something special for Hrothgar they have no access to new hairstyles like literally all the other races. That's super lovely because it means that Hrothgar players are getting even further left in the rain when it comes to event prizes or whatever. Considering they give away special hairstyles as prizes for contests (Strife Hair) and include it as part of the cost for Mogstation things, it feels like a pretty big oversight.

Yeah, I was looking forward to dressing up my purple bara cat man as Noctis, complete with his hair that I farmed MGP for.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cabbit posted:

So a new Flare that is ST and does more damage than Flare, and a new Foul that is ST and does more damage than Foul and is instant.

Xenoglossy is a no-brainer replacement for Foul on ST, the not-Flare thing is a little more interesting because it still munches all your MP like Flare does. The obvious thing would be to end every Astral Fire phase with it, but I'm interested to see if people figure out a more optimal use for it.

I have to wonder if Umbral Hearts will also lower the cost of NotFlare or if it'll only be Flare.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

I have to wonder if Umbral Hearts will also lower the cost of NotFlare or if it'll only be Flare.

I think they said it works like Flare? Or somebody inferred that from watching them play?

Edit: So maybe it might end up like: Umbral Ice phase->Fire 3->Fire 4->Fire 4->Despair with your last Umbral Heart (which would refresh your AF timer)->Fire 4 until low on MP->Despair->Blizzard 3->etc

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

You can see the description of umbral hearts in the B4 tooltip there, and it makes no mention of Despair. It might be a tooltip error as those are almost certain to exist in this early build, but for now I would assume that Despair's MP cost is not affected by umbral hearts

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Thanks guys. Have this as thanks:

https://twitter.com/FFXIVFace/status/1131752209744564224

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I wish I actually had a crowd to cheer when I'm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I expect they'll work with Viera and Hrothgar for post-5.0 hairstyles, but remodeling all of the existing hairstyles and making them fit the weird face shape/ear restrictions they have is probably a comparable workload to letting them wear hats.