Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

dogstile posted:

You know what, once upon a time I would have agreed with you, but I recently tried playing at 30fps and I legitimately find it a lot harder than playing at 144.

I finally got a gsync 144 monitor after years at 60fps and it honestly felt like cheating. Such a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KodiakRS posted:

I stopped paying attention to this dumpster fire of a game a few months ago. Has EA/bioware really just abandoned it? Or is there still hope for a magical expansion/patch that fixes the game a la the first Division?

I bought a PS4 pro a year or so ago because there were a few console exclusives and couch games that I wanted to play. It had been about 15 years since I last used a console. It turns out I've been ruined by high refresh rates so now I'm holding on to the exclusives in hopes that the PS5 can run them at 60FPS. Everytime I try to play dad of war the frame rate immediately turns me off of it. I can't imagine trying to play something like the division on there.

The PS5 isn’t going to run most things at 60 FPS either. Most developers are specifically targeting 30 FPS so they can fit in more shiny stuff.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Remember always games like infamious second son when thinking about console launch. Its new hardware they don't really understand and just throw a bunch of poo poo around to sell consoles and copies.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.
https://ogn.theonion.com/people-criticizing-anthem-don-t-understand-the-develo-1834922658

The Onion knocks it out of the park, as always.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Fallom posted:

It took me an hour to matchmake for the first mission right when the game came out. I think it just has lovely matchmaking.

I always got an invite to a group pretty much immediately, never had a problem finding people to play with.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
30fps isn't really a problem, Destiny 1 is the best game in its genre (loving fight me) with some pretty intense and demanding encounters, and that's 30fps only.

The division 2 raid is tuned in a way where enemies literally pop up out of nowhere on opposing sides and rush really loving quickly, there's also some rather finicky aiming segments that absolutely punish analog stick users and handsomely reward mouse users. The raid generally is really about quickly aiming and shooting accurately. Console guys can do that of course, but it's objectively much harder.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
30 fps always feels bad and slow.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
actually the human eye can only see 29.96 frames per second

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
https://ogn.theonion.com/people-criticizing-anthem-don-t-understand-the-develo-1834922658

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I am curious if they will take this defense. "We don't care if you wanted to have fun, this is our game and you should appreciate it."

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Crabtree posted:

I am curious if they will take this defense. "We don't care if you wanted to have fun, this is our game and you should appreciate it."

I mean, that's what they said for Mass Effect 3’s ending.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Tetrabor posted:

I mean, that's what they said for Mass Effect 3’s ending.

Bioware got free cupcakes out of that, so they clearly won.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

moist turtleneck posted:

actually the human eye can only see 29.96 frames per second

yes but if you open your third eye it's 26,892.143936.
29.963. Only the most powerful gamers can achieve this.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Thirsty Dog posted:

I finally got a gsync 144 monitor after years at 60fps and it honestly felt like cheating. Such a difference.

Yeah I upgraded this month and I'm still in awe

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
GamesRadar: It's all quiet in the western stronghold as the official Anthem Twitter hasn't posted in a month.
https://www.gamesradar.com/its-all-quiet-in-the-western-stronghold-as-the-official-anthem-twitter-hasnt-posted-in-a-month/

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

They must be working super hard on Cataclysm!

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Kaysette posted:

They must be working super hard on Cataclysm!

Even the media guys!

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/2019/05/this-blog-follows-mmogs-and-their.html

Just to throw water on the weird idea that they'll be premiering some amazing overhaul of Anthem at E3.

It's a really good move on :bioware:'s part to show active contempt for your customers.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

ashpanash posted:

http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/2019/05/this-blog-follows-mmogs-and-their.html

Just to throw water on the weird idea that they'll be premiering some amazing overhaul of Anthem at E3.

It's a really good move on :bioware:'s part to show active contempt for your customers.

dude got death threats over this poo poo. what the hell is wrong with bideo jamers...

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
as much as i hate myself for entertaining this, im planning on buying this because even if it's terrible it still looks fun

judging by the op im guessing goons mainly detest teh game but is there a discord for people that want to play together or something

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I'm hoping they pull it back, however unlikely, because I don't know of many games where you can jetpack around and the world looks pretty cool and vertical. If I had more money and no access to the internet I'd probably have bought it already lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Thumbtacks posted:

as much as i hate myself for entertaining this, im planning on buying this because even if it's terrible it still looks fun

judging by the op im guessing goons mainly detest teh game but is there a discord for people that want to play together or something

Lol

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
You can buy CD keys for $20, it’s worth at least that probably

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Thumbtacks posted:

:wrong:

This game is DOA and the community for it is either gone or actually insane fanboys. It’s hard to do much in a coop looter shooter no one plays.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So that’s a no on the goon discord

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

You can buy a pretty good meal for $20 and you will get vastly more ephemeral pleasure from it. Treat yourself right.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
anyone playing the game at this point is the kind of person that tells themselves they "got their money's worth" when they buy anything. the e. coli is no big deal, they got their money's worth out of the burger

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
It seems like most issues people have with the game were at launch and current endgame, neither of which currently affect me in any way

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

It seems like most issues people have with the game were at launch and current endgame, neither of which currently affect me in any way

If you’re that dead set on a short big budget action game with a horrible story and Rage 2 is off the table then by all means buy Anthem

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Glutton for punishment, huh?

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
So I know it's not exactly a perfect barometer but right now on Twitch

The Division 2 : 2,347 Viewers

Anthem : 90 Viewers

Fallout 76 : 454 Viewers

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Kaysette posted:

:wrong:

This game is DOA and the community for it is either gone or actually insane fanboys. It’s hard to do much in a coop looter shooter no one plays.

Is there actually anyone still playing this? After how badly this game and the companies in question have done in the media (not one good word ever), their total lack of interaction... like, I don't see how anyone would stay. For all intents and purposes I believe this game is straight up dead. Who the hell wants to play a 'game as a service' that isn't even being serviced. It'd be like going to the movies and paying for a ticket, and when you get to the theater room, there's nothing playing.

The heinous Microtransactions they sell in this game are no different than buying the overpriced popcorn and drinks anyway, right down to the total lack of options.

(I also love how MTX was the only thing that worked in the alpha. Real good sign).

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Is there actually anyone still playing this? After how badly this game and the companies in question have done in the media (not one good word ever), their total lack of interaction... like, I don't see how anyone would stay.

The world is full of masochists, so it can't be entirely ruled out.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Thumbtacks posted:

Ok go ahead and buy it but we will absolutely poo poo on you when you inevitably complain about the game

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

The game is a piece of poo poo. It's still buggy as hell, the loading times are still bad, the story is a joke and it manages to be both ridiculously short of game play and padded to a frankly insulting degree.

Now you also get to deal with the fact that matchmaking is awful because the player base has dwindled down to nothing.

It's not worth the money.

If you're that desperate to blow $20, go smoke a pile of meth. It's probably healthier for you in the long run anyways.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I'm waiting for Anthem to hit the same price as Murdered Soul Suspect on the Ps4 store.

4.99 Ps+ discount.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Matchmaking was always awful, with all the bugs and broken objectives you were arguably better off doing the story solo. If you want to play the game, wait for it to land on Origin's basic subscription service. Surely it won't remain on Premium much longer?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Toontown online has double the viewers anthem has lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yeah there's a reason for that and it's not that toontown is good it's that anthem is that loving bad, don't buy it

jesus christ