Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

If I already had one can I still have another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Earthworm Jim was a sleeper agent in our universe

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one is plenty. becomes plenty. same difference

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mindblast posted:

If I already had one can I still have another?

If you already had one then you have thousands.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

GunnerJ posted:

Hot take: this comic is bad, actually.

The comic is good, the community terrible.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We need to start asking the important questions.

Namely, are the worms available fried or battered? Do they come with sauce?

What kind of sauce?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think you just eat a live worm friend

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tollymain posted:

i think you just eat a live worm friend

A single live worm? You'll never get the customers in.

Not without an exceptionally happy young lady at the door who won't stop grinning at least. Oh God she never stops grinning.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
forget your troubles

forget your cares

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm imagining the pub I went to this evening only with the entire menu being worm themed food and all the staff and patrons having ear to ear grins that don't move.

You know I'd probably still go. I like happy people.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

And people are never happier than when they're Agog with Happiness™!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The Lone Badger posted:

If you already had one then you have thousands.

I don't see how that changes my question. :v:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
If this arc doesn't end with like six dozen Dragula references I will be very unhappy.

Conquering the wo-o-o-orm...

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DancingShade posted:

We need to start asking the important questions.

Namely, are the worms available fried or battered? Do they come with sauce?

What kind of sauce?

I think this series of pages showed that the worms are definitely available battered.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I for one appreciate that no supplication is required.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DancingShade posted:

I'm imagining the pub I went to this evening only with the entire menu being worm themed food and all the staff and patrons having ear to ear grins that don't move.

You're basically describing Bojangles.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
in other news, a newly-spoiled magic the gathering card has some art that reminded me of mammon mottom (yes, thank you):

President Ark fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 25, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
You mean Mottom?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

You mean Mottom?

:downs:

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I hope the mimics are on team Gog. Or the mimics ARE Gog.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i ate the worm but the worm just got depression and gog agog came over to my house to yell at me

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

paranoid randroid posted:

i ate the worm but the worm just got depression and gog agog came over to my house to yell at me

love the worm what was will be what will be was

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

paranoid randroid posted:

what, did you chew it or something?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I like the idea Gog-agog identified as the original dead peasant girl at first but is really just all the most extreme and distorted aspects of her personality, since that's all that leaked through. Pile of worms gets anxiety, self-loathing, and obsession. And even after conquering 111,111 worlds and becoming a god worm she's still motivated by those base neuroses, like the obsession with being seen and loved bc peasant girl was neglected and abused and unwanted.

But at the same time she's just like, a pile of worms and real loving dumb and impulsive. Like I'm just imagining her startle reflex involves eating and becoming whatever startled her, and everything snowballing in a panic response bc oh poo poo oh poo poo people are ON to her that she's WORMS she'll just eat them and it'll be FINE oh poo poo people are onto THAT aaaah why is everyone YELLING now she's got to eat them TOO.

Even if people retain some sense of self and individuality after eating a worm (which makes them not feel sad anymore), I wonder if their kids do past that point. I get the impression that even if Gog-Agog was trying to use a lighter touch than just larping everyone herself, she's pretty heavy-handed bc she doesn't know her own strength.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

PetraCore posted:

Like I'm just imagining her startle reflex involves eating and becoming whatever startled her, and everything snowballing in a panic response bc oh poo poo oh poo poo people are ON to her that she's WORMS she'll just eat them and it'll be FINE oh poo poo people are onto THAT aaaah why is everyone YELLING now she's got to eat them TOO.
My new game concept: Hitman, but worms.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Could y'all stop spoiling the unrevealed backstory please.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

PetraCore posted:

I like the idea Gog-agog identified as the original dead peasant girl at first but is really just all the most extreme and distorted aspects of her personality, since that's all that leaked through. Pile of worms gets anxiety, self-loathing, and obsession. And even after conquering 111,111 worlds and becoming a god worm she's still motivated by those base neuroses, like the obsession with being seen and loved bc peasant girl was neglected and abused and unwanted.
I mean, when folks come back from the dead as a revenant to seek revenge on the living, it's rarely their skill with algebra and love of fine wine that send them crawling back from beyond the veil.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Dead Reckoning posted:

I mean, when folks come back from the dead as a revenant to seek revenge on the living, it's rarely their skill with algebra and love of fine wine that send them crawling back from beyond the veil.

well, except for pythagoracererak

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

pseudorandom name posted:

Could y'all stop spoiling the unrevealed backstory please.
poo poo, sorry, I thought it was posted directly in this thread? I'm definitely not following him on patreon.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Dead Reckoning posted:

Right but like if the backstory holds the worms got revenge and then just kept worm snowballing because poo poo poo poo people are mad aaaaaah EAT THEM EAT THEM BECOME THEM AAAAAAH and some poor demiurge just walked right into that mess, lmao.

EDIT: I wonder what even allowed the worms to gain her obsession and sapience. I guess she really really really Wanted stuff but just dying super needy would be producing worm piles everywhere if that's all it took on the Wheel. Didn't Operant say at one point that Gog-Agog was like a cosmic mistake?

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 26, 2019

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dead Reckoning posted:

Oh poo poo the unwritten sequel to The Cask of Amontillado

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

isn't that one of the basic plot points of Prototype? Alex Mercer is just a clump of virus that inherited his obsession after consuming and killing him, and that clump of virus goes on to fulfill Mercer's wishes, but in the best way for the virus to do so.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

neogeo0823 posted:

isn't that one of the basic plot points of Prototype? Alex Mercer is just a clump of virus that inherited his obsession after consuming and killing him, and that clump of virus goes on to fulfill Mercer's wishes, but in the best way for the virus to do so.
It's the big twist, kind of, except it turns out that the real Alex Mercer was such an amoral shithead that eating enough thousands of people to grow a moral code is actually perfectly in character for him.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And then they throw that out entirely in the sequel.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

PetraCore posted:

Right but like if the backstory holds the worms got revenge and then just kept worm snowballing because poo poo poo poo people are mad aaaaaah EAT THEM EAT THEM BECOME THEM AAAAAAH and some poor demiurge just walked right into that mess, lmao.
Sure, sure. My point was just, of course she's driven by the most extreme and negative parts of the original personality: chill people who die content don't come back as restless undead.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

PetraCore posted:

I want this to be cannon and to have that exact last scene detailed in a 5 page flashback

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/EveryDNA/status/1132625891941597186

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

PetraCore posted:

EDIT: I wonder what even allowed the worms to gain her obsession and sapience. I guess she really really really Wanted stuff but just dying super needy would be producing worm piles everywhere if that's all it took on the Wheel. Didn't Operant say at one point that Gog-Agog was like a cosmic mistake?

Well though most of the quote unquote gods in this setting only have a fraction (one 111,111th of the whole in fact) of the power of creation its still not totally inconceivable that gog's worms began because gog seeded them in her self and the whole outbreak of shapeshifting super-worms came about because it already came about because it already came about because it already came about because it alread-

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Howdy. I'm the sheriff of worm time DNA

Any announcement somewhere about the update delay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Yes, the usual place.