Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

HOLY poo poo THE NEW CHAPTER IS A BANGER.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/229/page/1

That last page is amazing.

Also that's a loving Joker reference in the title, yeah?

Finally, proof that Dabi isn't a Todoroki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Twice's powerup being the same as Todoroki's in practice, complete with the chapter title being at the end of the chapter when it happens, is beautiful. Horikoshi you clever bastard. :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My Villain Academia confirmed best manga

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dragonatrix posted:

Twice's powerup being the same as Todoroki's in practice, complete with the chapter title being at the end of the chapter when it happens, is beautiful. Horikoshi you clever bastard. :allears:

I love it when they do poo poo like placing title pages in the middle or at the back or present them in some loving dope theater-like presentation, that poo poo's so good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Finally, the true hero of the story.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Twice is the best character in the series.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I have never rooted harder for a villain. The artwork in these panels kicks so much rear end.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am so glad that the liberation army is working so hard to help everyone deal with their issues and push themselves even further.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Green Intern posted:

I have never rooted harder for a villain. The artwork in these panels kicks so much rear end.

Horikoshi is just such a good fuckin artist, man

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Giran isn't really kidding when they say that Twice's quirk could basically topple nations if applied properly.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
That chapter was great. Twice rules(though he might need to change his name with all those clones).

Also, it was really unsettling seeing those fake Twice clones slowly twisting Toga's head around. Twice should maybe see about getting the doctor to teleport her to safety after he's done dealing with these fakes.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
That last page gave me chills, gently caress yeah.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Rhonne posted:

That chapter was great. Twice rules(though he might need to change his name with all those clones).

Also, it was really unsettling seeing those fake Twice clones slowly twisting Toga's head around. Twice should maybe see about getting the doctor to teleport her to safety after he's done dealing with these fakes.

His new name is Lots

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Finally, proof that Dabi isn't a Todoroki.

I'm very confused by this comment. Was Dabi even in this chapter?

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Boy it's gonna kind of a drag to go back to milquetoast Deku and his nerd crew when this arc is over

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This was easily top 5 chapters in the manga. This arc owns, I loving love Twice, god drat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stQ8VNN_j7A

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Wrestlepig posted:

Twice is the best character in the series.

I've loved Deadpool, the character, for over twenty-five years, through his highs and his lows, long before he became well known, and after he became overused, through the good, the bad, and the Way.

I think I finally like Twice even more than Deadpool, as of this issue.

(Yes, I know they aren't terribly similar characters beyond the surface, I'm making a point here.)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hell yea twice

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Here's me giving my longest "YEAAAAA BOOOOOOI" for Twice.

I also really enjoy his concern over his BFF Toga, and also his "well gently caress I have been worrying about this when I could of just bit the bullet and tried breaking my arm to tell if I was the real one"

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Twice and Deku should start a club for people who get powered up from their broken limbs.

Rouncer posted:

I'm very confused by this comment. Was Dabi even in this chapter?

That was a joke

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This chapter is so good it'll almost make me forget to be mad at the regular fandom for being mad Dabi's predictable backstory isn't in this chapter

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw&t=8s

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mangastream translation clears up several panels: https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/229/5890/1

It's starting to become more and more clear why Hori gave Deku six extra quirks, the new LoV is going to be really rough to deal with.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Mangastream translation clears up several panels: https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/229/5890/1

It's starting to become more and more clear why Hori gave Deku six extra quirks, the new LoV is going to be really rough to deal with.

Good luck everybody else!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To be fair Bakugou, Todoroki, and the girls are all safe regardless

Bakugou is this series' Zoro in that he'll never be allowed to lose a life-or-death fight, Todoroki is fujobait, and the girls won't be put in that kind of danger because that would imply they could contribute to the plot

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
TWICE IS SO loving AWESOME!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Twice instantly became basically the most dangerous person in the league after gigantomachia.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fabricated posted:

To be fair Bakugou, Todoroki, and the girls are all safe regardless

Bakugou is this series' Zoro in that he'll never be allowed to lose a life-or-death fight, Todoroki is fujobait, and the girls won't be put in that kind of danger because that would imply they could contribute to the plot

You know Uraraka is going to be the one that deals with Toga.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
that was a wonderful chapter. Hell yeah twice.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Hey, remember the end to Gentle's storyline?

I feel like Twice's flashback is a strong refutation of the claim that it's straightforward for someone who took a wrong step to put their life back together.

(I love you both, Twice and Gentle)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Can Twice be Izuku's new Arch.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

With Twice's new powerup, the League now has access to an army of henchmen for the kids to beat up without having to rely on Dabi's "recruitment" methods.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

With Twice's new powerup, the League now has access to an army of henchmen for the kids to beat up without having to rely on Dabi's "recruitment" methods.

Also it lets them go full force against the clones without having to worry about "heroes can't kill" or "heroes shouldn't break bones/roast flesh" or whatever. Remember Aizawa just kicking Dabi-clone's head off back in the forest training arc?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Twice is literally a Putty factory

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's also nice that we finally get to see how he actually uses his quirk. I think before this chapter he's always made his clones off screen.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I'm totally down for shadow clone not jutsu.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:haw:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NEW VIGILANTES!

HOLY poo poo ALL MIGHT!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

HOLY poo poo ALL MIGHT!

:eyepop: hell yeah

What a red letter day for MHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU