Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I thought the joke was she referred him to the police as a potential new employer (because he's racist)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I thought the joke was she referred him to the police as a potential new employer (because he's racist)

Yes.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

nah that's the exact sort of note nerdy 8/9yo girls give people. I get the same sort of thing from kids in my class. It's always very sweet.

I doubt she read his entire thesis on genome sequencing but w/e

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yeah, that actually does look like a child's handwriting.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Yeah, that actually does look like a child's handwriting.

Looks like my handwriting, actually. So yeah, a child's handwriting.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Paladinus posted:

Looks like my handwriting, actually. So yeah, a child's handwriting.

It's better than my handwriting.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

If any strange man said something so ridiculous to me in the street, I would probably be anxious for a long time afterwards. I suspect this was imagined by a man who is confused as to why complete strangers wouldn't want to hear personal comments on their appearance.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jollity Farm posted:

If any strange man said something so ridiculous to me in the street, I would probably be anxious for a long time afterwards. I suspect this was imagined by a man who is confused as to why complete strangers wouldn't want to hear personal comments on their appearance.

Nah, my mum really loves compliments from random strangers.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
https://twitter.com/iamshanemorris/status/1130704462950076416

How long can you go before deciding it’s STDH?

He later admitted to it, supposedly because he was terrified of MS-13. What do you do when you’ve decided MS-13 has it in for you? You crowdsource your escape plan:

https://twitter.com/iamshanemorris/status/1131822265207853056

It’s like a modern-day Humper-Monkey story from someone terminally online.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Blue Moonlight posted:

He later admitted to it, supposedly because he was terrified of MS-13. What do you do when you’ve decided MS-13 has it in for you? You crowdsource your escape plan:

That's one of the weirder cons I've seen

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Blue Moonlight posted:

I guess Jacob Wohl got a new account!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I didn't read everything in super detail but is he claiming now that he's actually in danger from MS13? Or is that all part of his elaborate "I just want to be a screenwriter!" thing?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

bike tory posted:

I didn't read everything in super detail but is he claiming now that he's actually in danger from MS13? Or is that all part of his elaborate "I just want to be a screenwriter!" thing?

He’s claiming that his obviously fake story about hoodwinking an MS-13 drug dealer was sufficiently offensive to them that he’s now in their crosshairs.

His evidence of this seems to be the ramblings of his pot dealer.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

He’s claiming that his obviously fake story about hoodwinking an MS-13 drug dealer was sufficiently offensive to them that he’s now in their crosshairs.

His evidence of this seems to be the ramblings of his pot dealer.

Ya I just wasn't sure if that too was part of his schtick or if he expects people to believe this bit after all his other bullshit

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Some more low-hanging fruit from notalwaysright

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DorkusMalorkus posted:

The first two sentences are probably the only true part of this.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I too, am not super picky when I go clubbing

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I too, am not super picky when I go clubbing

I feel like being picky with your drinks at a nightclub is just a road to disappointment every time.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I'm the bartender that's so busy with other "preppy" kids but still has time to have long speeches about how you don't belong here and probably can't afford the drinks

chitoryu12 posted:

The first two sentences are probably the only true part of this.
And the second half of the last sentence. Dude keeps a penny with him at all times to tip with. Gee I wonder why nobody wants to serve him? It's penny guy!

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

DorkusMalorkus posted:

You can tell whoever wrote this has never been clubbing, because everyone speaks in long-rear end paragraphs. The music's way too loud to be that verbose!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I'm the revenge fantasy which involves an attractive woman pretending to like him

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Where did he get the extra 10 dollars?

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Where is he going that you can get drinks for $3.50, or even $7? I've never spent less than $10 on a drink in a club, even for the cheapest stuff, and usually it's way more than that.

The answer is that he's going to his imagination, because he made it up.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Jerry Cotton posted:

Where did he get the extra 10 dollars?

Albert Einstein

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

The Pirate Captain posted:

Where is he going that you can get drinks for $3.50, or even $7? I've never spent less than $10 on a drink in a club, even for the cheapest stuff, and usually it's way more than that.

The answer is that he's going to his imagination, because he made it up.

The South US.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I dont know what south you live in, but thats dive bar prices in Houston.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What kind of bougie gently caress place doesn't have dive bar night clubs with preppy (whatever the gently caress that means) punters and a girlshaggar behind the bar lmao?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
So the bartender was spot on with her read that he was a broke gently caress who doesn't tip

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

tag you're self I'm the bartender who is pointlessly rude to a customer

99% chance what actually happened is the bartender waited on customers who were there first and ordered first and this fuckin' guy took it as a personal slight because he's a dumbass and the rest is pure masturbatory revenge fantasy

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“Bartender took a while to get to me at a busy club and I argued with her about the price of drinks. The good news is that I managed to steal thirty bucks from her! I ordered a few for an attractive girl but she isn’t interested in me.” :smug:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Captain Monkey posted:

I dont know what south you live in, but thats dive bar prices in Houston.

Texas isn’t the South. :colbert:

( I mean, I guess they did secede, but still.)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The whole thing is just the warped interpretation of events from a dude with anxiety, low self esteem and a huge amount of self pity.

Like walking into a club and perceiving that everyone is "looking down" on him - I guarantee that if its a straight club none of the dudes there would even notice him. Getting served at a busy and crowded bar is a poo poo fight and you kind of have to push through or get the bartender's attention. But he was too loving awkward to do that. The rest is just a narcissistic fantasy that he spins as a coping mechanism when his awkwardness and anxiety means he has a bad time.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
A service worker thinks I'm weird and pathetic so I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Read the bartenders lines with a positive slant and she's being perfectly fine.

-She offers him the cheap rum he asked for.
-She accidentally pours him the expensive one and offers to replace it.
-She even offers to knock off 50 cents for another cheap rum.

As for the quip about his clothes, I guarantee this guy was wearing cargo shorts and a Deadpool t-shirt.

(if this happened, which clearly it did not)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If it happened like he said (it didn't) she should have charged him for a well drink even if she accidentally poured top shelf.

I seriously don't know how a bartender would screw that up though, most of what they'd be pouring would well cocktails probably.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Longtime bartender, first time caller. You have to have a limited understanding of how bartending works to believe this person, or any, could mistakenly pour a top shelf spirit in lieu of a well. FIrst of all, they are in likely opposite locations, the well will have a pour spout, while the top shelf will have a cork/screwtop. Well spirits, especially rum, come in typically tall slender bottles, whereas I truly struggle to think of a top shelf rum that doesn't come in something short and squat. There is no chance that at some point in this transaction that this bartender failed to notice at least one of these things; especially in a night club of all places.

The same can be said for the change. Three tens instead of singles makes no sense as incorrect change, and no bartender is reaching two drawer slots over and snagging tens for ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Any bartender at a cheap bar who mixes up well and top shelf liquor (especially something that doubles the price of a drink) should be fired on the spot for clearly being too stupid to put their shoes on the correct feet. The well (or rail) liquor is directly in front of you on a shelf at waist level, while the expensive stuff is on the shelves in the back.

The unbelievable part is that any bartender would intentionally abuse a customer for no reason. American bartenders live on tips and anyone who doesn't try to give their guest the best experience they can isn't long for the career. I've been to bad bars, but the bad part has always been the drink quality. You'll get someone so nice and polite that you can't bear to tell them that they're godawful at mixing drinks.