Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I can't say i'm on my way because there's only one thing to say in this situation; I am HERE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

TheKingslayer posted:

Twice is literally a Putty factory

Putty fights would be several hundred percent better if they were a bunch of sassy deadpoolish-looking dudes

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I wonder what would happen if Toga ingests the blood of a Twice clone. Would she be able to turn into the person that was cloned, or would she turn into a copy of Twice.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

logger posted:

I wonder what would happen if Toga ingests the blood of a Twice clone. Would she be able to turn into the person that was cloned, or would she turn into a copy of Twice.

The clones seem to just be made of mud/goo. I doubt they have any blood.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

HOLY poo poo ALL MIGHT!

Can’t say I’m a fan of Deus Ex All Might

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So just a thought, could Twice copy a nomu?

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Fat and Useless posted:

So just a thought, could Twice copy a nomu?

Just copy AfO and then make all the nomus you want

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

RatHat posted:

I refuse to believe that you didn't crack a smile at "I can't say I'm on my way - because I AM HERE!"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dog Kisser posted:

I refuse to believe that you didn't crack a smile at "I can't say I'm on my way - because I AM HERE!"

I especially liked it right after the bad guy spends a few panels huffing his own farts.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

RatHat posted:

It does steal the thunder from the other heroes, but it came about as a result of someone deathly afraid for a family member and doing something they really shouldn't, couldn't, or wouldn't normally do

Which is a lot better than had he come from nowhere

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Vinylshadow posted:

It does steal the thunder from the other heroes

All Might dot text

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

RatHat posted:

I like how O'Clock literally lampshades it

"Ha, only a GOD could save you now."~"oh poo poo, it's god!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I liked how All Might stopped to take a picture with a fan while he was saving everyone.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Can't wait to see my boy Twice and my boy Twice and my boy Twice (ad infinitum) wreck poo poo :allears:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
This MHA chapter was so loving good, can we please just stay with the villains as the main characters for the rest of the manga? Let the students show up periodically in antagonist roles, and make Deku the final boss of the story. I want to read more about my good friends Toga and Twice and Handy McHanderson.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Had the thought that Deku really needs to have some different powers to fight Shigaraki because ultimately “kills whatever he touches” doesn’t really mesh well with “punches you in the face so hard you explode”.

It’d be over in an instant, either way.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deku was destroying buildings with nothing but air pressure even early on and he's recently been learning to use controlled air bursts as a ranged attack. all might was doing even crazier poo poo. there's no reason why deku would even need to be within striking distance of shigaraki to beat him

seems like horikoshi had this stuff planned for a long time but I don't see how deku would ever need an extra power to kick the league's collective face in

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vinylshadow posted:

"Jeanist's quirk is holding up the tower, but it's hanging by a thread."

:allears:

Turns out that sentence was in fact meant to be read entirely literally.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Rhonne posted:

The clones seem to just be made of mud/goo. I doubt they have any blood.

They have to have blood, otherwise Twice could've found out really easily if he was a clone by just pricking his finger.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Manatee Cannon posted:

deku was destroying buildings with nothing but air pressure even early on and he's recently been learning to use controlled air bursts as a ranged attack. all might was doing even crazier poo poo. there's no reason why deku would even need to be within striking distance of shigaraki to beat him

seems like horikoshi had this stuff planned for a long time but I don't see how deku would ever need an extra power to kick the league's collective face in

Because a big part of the setup so far is that Shigaraki and the League of Villains are going to free All for One at some point. With All for One potentially giving every quirk he has to Shigaraki, including All for One itself.

Also one of the themes of the story has been how All Might being a single pillar of peace and justice has kneecapped hero society with his retirement. So either Izuku needs to be an even better hero or his friends need to matter.

We’re still not sure where a lot of the overall story is going besides Izuku eventually being the number one hero. Plus Izuku vs Shigaraki ends up the same as Izuku vs Overhaul, a fight many people find kind of boring.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

RatHat posted:

That's pretty much what All Might did though.

Also the context makes it pretty excellent, between mysterious villain going 'what' and the leadup line to it.

Also that All Might worked at his own company while incognito.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

Also that All Might worked at his own company while incognito.

The ultimate episode of Undercover Boss.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
lol at "for an adult male it would take breaking an arm to destroy the duplicate"

*Fast forward to modern day* "break his arms!!"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Because a big part of the setup so far is that Shigaraki and the League of Villains are going to free All for One at some point. With All for One potentially giving every quirk he has to Shigaraki, including All for One itself.

Also one of the themes of the story has been how All Might being a single pillar of peace and justice has kneecapped hero society with his retirement. So either Izuku needs to be an even better hero or his friends need to matter.

We’re still not sure where a lot of the overall story is going besides Izuku eventually being the number one hero. Plus Izuku vs Shigaraki ends up the same as Izuku vs Overhaul, a fight many people find kind of boring.

a4o already lost to all might twice and deku will be stronger than all might was by default because of the way his quirk works

he's gonna use the other quirks but legit I see no reason why he needs to

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Deku will punch Shigaraki very hard but Shiggy, being filled with villainous determination and having prepared for this by spending several weeks straight constantly getting his rear end beat up by a giant crying monster man, will weather the blows and refuse to go down. So Deku will need to use his other abilities outside of incredible physical strength and complete disregard for his own health and safety in order to achieve victory

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

a4o already lost to all might twice and deku will be stronger than all might was by default because of the way his quirk works

My theory is that Deku is never going to be able to safely use his full strength without destroying his body, so he'll have to use the other quirks to compensate.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Small background thing in Vigilantes, it was cute seeing the two different dance leaders clinging to each other at the end since it's been a C-level plot during this arc

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That chapter was loving fire.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Viridiant posted:

They have to have blood, otherwise Twice could've found out really easily if he was a clone by just pricking his finger.

the whole point is that twice was too scared to figure out if he was a clone, not that he didn't realize he could find out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Unlike All Might Deku seems to suck at using One for All though

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Elfgames posted:

the whole point is that twice was too scared to figure out if he was a clone, not that he didn't realize he could find out.

The point I'm making is that bleeding is pretty easy to do as opposed to breaking limbs, especially in the line of work Twice is in. There's no way in all the time since the massacre that Twice has never bled.

But more relevant to the debate, I just checked and in the flashback to the clone massacre this chapter there was a whole lot of blood spatter.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Elfgames posted:

If he was a clone, it meant that taking sufficient damage would kill him and he even if he wanted to be the real Twice, he also didn't want to die if he was wrong

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
so i guess the number of clones twice can actually make is "yes"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

How many Dabis could he clone? An army of Dabis...:kingsley:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Oxxidation posted:

*of himself

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Twice got an ear nicked or something by one of Nighteye's weights or whatever they were back during the Overhaul arc, so he definitely bled. and it wasn't enough for him to confirm that he wasn't a fake.

Oxxidation posted:

He clones himself, the clone clones itself, etc. I think you can even see at least one clone clearly making another on that last page.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

To me, it's unclear if, just like with Toga and Shigaraki, his quirk evolved to the point there is no limit to the number of clones he can create or if the limit is still the same, but it's Twice clones creating Twice clones as they are formed in basically infinite chain reaction.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Oxxidation posted:

We've always known he could make infinite copies of himself since his first backstory chapter. The clones can make new clones of the clones, forever.

The only question is what's his cap on making clones of other folks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

He clones himself, the clone clones itself, etc. I think you can even see at least one clone clearly making another on that last page.

yeah I’m not seeing that, just twice generating an enormous mass of mud from which the other clones burst forth

hopefully we’ll get a plainly stated answer soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

gnome7 posted:

The only question is what's his cap on making clones of other folks.

None on that either, he can make one clone of himself and one of his target. That clone does the same.