Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
My bank is moving me to their headquarters, which has an awesome gym in the basement. I'm unreasonably excited to have a longer commute if it means I can go right from my desk into the gym every day. I'm gonna get jacked and pale (from never seeing the sun again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m getting switched to nights next month (8pm - 5am) and I’m not looking forward to trying to figure out how I’m gonna train and eat during this.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Fhqwhgads posted:

My bank is moving me to their headquarters, which has an awesome gym in the basement. I'm unreasonably excited to have a longer commute if it means I can go right from my desk into the gym every day. I'm gonna get jacked and pale (from never seeing the sun again).

My gym is a block from work, lunch time workout own zone

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

I’m getting switched to nights next month (8pm - 5am) and I’m not looking forward to trying to figure out how I’m gonna train and eat during this.

Sucks dude, sometimes I work 16 hour days or nights here and there. I don't know a solution.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jihad Me At Hello posted:

Sucks dude, sometimes I work 16 hour days or nights here and there. I don't know a solution.

Yeah its been about 7 years since I’ve done it but I know it totally fucks my diet up because I’m not hungry.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

mods rename me bbq dadbod

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Kettlebells are super useful. You can suspend them from the bar with bands and bench that. Or use them as doorstops. Lots of good uses.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

david carmichael posted:

Kettlebells are super useful. You can suspend them from the bar with bands and bench that. Or use them as doorstops. Lots of good uses.

If you have lots of books bc you're a nerd they are great bookends

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

They are also great for leaving around the house to trip over in the middle of the night

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You stub your toe on it, then lift your foot to step over whatever it was while swearing, catch your foot in the handle, and go sprawling headlong

It's an ingenious design

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Got some cool new popping in my shoulder. I'm sure that's nothing to worry about.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Do turkish getups to fix it apparently

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

hell no

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

nooneofconsequence posted:

Got some cool new popping in my shoulder. I'm sure that's nothing to worry about.

It is, in fact, nothing to worry about.

https://www.barbellmedicine.com/crepitus-expectations-vs-reality/

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

do turkish fall downs by unracking a weight overhead that is too heavy and letting it slowly crush you

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

maaaaybe. I have crepitus in my knees. They crack like hell but there's nothing structurally wrong with them. My shoulder has always popped if I moved it a certain way but didn't really hurt. Now it's like a double-pop and a weird feeling with some pain. It feels like something might be tracking wrong. I'm just going to avoid the more triggering exercises for awhile.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

kettlebells then?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nooneofconsequence posted:

maaaaybe. I have crepitus in my knees. They crack like hell but there's nothing structurally wrong with them. My shoulder has always popped if I moved it a certain way but didn't really hurt. Now it's like a double-pop and a weird feeling with some pain. It feels like something might be tracking wrong. I'm just going to avoid the more triggering exercises for awhile.

Show em all what you can do
http://spamusement.com/index.php/comics/view/182?commentary=0

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Time to turn that hell no into a hell yes brother

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The kettlebell evangelists in here sound like crossfitters circa 2011

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Why don't you come to our gym and do some swings and getups? Maybe a few snatches? No pressure to join but just come hang out and see that it's actually pretty fun and cool

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I did some weighted push ups today and they didn't hurt my shoulder. Did some flyes as well. Good start to the weekend.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

canadianclassic posted:

Why don't you come to our gym and do some swings and getups? Maybe a few snatches? No pressure to join but just come hang out and see that it's actually pretty fun and cool

We have a kettlebell gym here in town that a lot of PTs work at. I still need to check it out but it’s half a mile away from work vs the athletic club across the street.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Im in talks to secure funding for a start up hot kettle yoga studio atm.

Thinking Kettlevana as a name

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Lets all come together and pile our resources and open our own gym, with only the finest squat racks and coolest dumb bells

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can we get stretchy bands for monster walks?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The first order of business will be to designate The King Of The Gym

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Ladies, gentleman, friends, neighbours, lovers: my brain has broken and im going to start using bands and chains on dynamic effort days. I need to make sure i always do DE days on weekends, or i need to get a doctors note explaining why i need to bring 70 pounds of chains through customs

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Completely unrelated: watched westside vs the world on a flight. And christ, what a bunch of assholes. Good movie.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Fallows posted:

Im in talks to secure funding for a start up hot kettle yoga studio atm.

Thinking Kettlevana as a name

Are you ready to hit it big? time to take out soul cycle

bomb fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 26, 2019

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

you bring the kettle i bring the hot

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

david carmichael posted:

Ladies, gentleman, friends, neighbours, lovers: my brain has broken and im going to start using bands and chains on dynamic effort days. I need to make sure i always do DE days on weekends, or i need to get a doctors note explaining why i need to bring 70 pounds of chains through customs

Bands on the DE days are great but I haven't figured out a decent way to use bands when I squat since I am using a pretty lovely rack in my basement now. I wish I could use chains more but I mainly workout at 5am and my setup is right below my 18 month old-'s room.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

B-Rock452 posted:

Bands on the DE days are great but I haven't figured out a decent way to use bands when I squat since I am using a pretty lovely rack in my basement now. I wish I could use chains more but I mainly workout at 5am and my setup is right below my 18 month old-'s room.

If you have 4 extra 45 plates you can anchor the bands with plates. Wenning explains at like 4:30 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PM9_MwlK2Q

Also train your toddler to sleep through clangin and bangin

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

david carmichael posted:

Also train your toddler to sleep

You don't get toddlers do you?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
My workouts would be about 20 minutes shorter if I didn't have to stop between sets to read stories to my kid.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

david carmichael posted:

If you have 4 extra 45 plates you can anchor the bands with plates. Wenning explains at like 4:30 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PM9_MwlK2Q

Also train your toddler to sleep through clangin and bangin

She actually sleeps like a champ but around 5 or 6 she is a pretty light sleeper and will either wake up immediately or stay asleep until 830. Naptime in the afternoon she is a rock and I can do a full deadlift session underneath her.

Her favorite activity is also lifting things. She got super mad the other day when she couldnt budge my sandbag and ended up just screaming and hitting it

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

david carmichael posted:

I used my freebie PT session yesterday and was shown a bunch of band exercises to warm up my glutes with and I'm sore af and a month out towards better squat and dl performance, bands r gud imo

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

B-Rock452 posted:

She actually sleeps like a champ but around 5 or 6 she is a pretty light sleeper and will either wake up immediately or stay asleep until 830. Naptime in the afternoon she is a rock and I can do a full deadlift session underneath her.

Her favorite activity is also lifting things. She got super mad the other day when she couldnt budge my sandbag and ended up just screaming and hitting it

This is my reaction to things I can't lift as well.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Baby chat: I’m about to have twins, might take a break when they first come we will see how it goes 🤷‍♂️. My 40kg and 48kg kettlebells arrived yesterday so I’ll be able to get in some good work at home either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

bomb posted:

Baby chat: I’m about to have twins, might take a break when they first come we will see how it goes 🤷‍♂️. My 40kg and 48kg kettlebells arrived yesterday so I’ll be able to get in some good work at home either way.

Congratulations bomb! Make sure Mrs. bomb knows she's fully supported - one child is an incredible drain on its own and I almost can't imagine how it works with two.

As a counterpoint I used my paternity time to start making sure I worked out 6 times a week (always v. early AM) and saw incredible gains I hadn't seen in ages. At bedtime last night my now 3 year old daughter tried to climb on my head and was delighted when I just cleaned and jerked her like the little 12 kg kettlebell she is.