Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Whataboutism - The thread.

The left continually eats itself before massing a threat to the right/rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Rime, I entirely sympathize with you. So what are you going to do about this? I'm getting my PAL http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/form-formulaire/index-eng.htm#f921 and I suggest all of you do the same if you really care about the future.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

incontinence 100 posted:

Rime, I entirely sympathize with you. So what are you going to do about this? I'm getting my PAL http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/form-formulaire/index-eng.htm#f921 and I suggest all of you do the same if you really care about the future.

*Takes up a fun hobby with cool people to spite the man

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ARACHTION posted:

It’s pretty frustrating the amount of people on Facebook cheering the possibility of having them join the Green Party. They didn’t resign because of anything environmental related they resigned because they were shuffled for resisting corruption.

I mean at least it would out the Greens for what this thread had shown me what they really are.

They resigned because of politics. If they want to stay in politics they’ll do what they think gives them the best chance to do so.

Not a lot of moral high ground on the hill.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

incontinence 100 posted:

Having paranoid apocalyptic fantasies is one of the things they probably ask about during the background checks, so I wouldn’t get too excited just yet.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

incontinence 100 posted:

I'm going to keep having no life, no possessions, and building renewable energy until it kills me. And if poo poo boils over before I'm taken out by an industrial accident, I'm going to take extreme pleasure in ripping the entrails out of anyone culpable I can get my hands on before I loving starve to death.

The gently caress else am I supposed to do? Start a revolution which quite obviously nobody loving wants, against the peak power of modern governments, and very quickly end up in supermax like Kackzynski? Or dead? Yeah, that'll really help save the fuckin' forests, or keep my family from ending up homeless.

We're all in the same loving boat.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rime posted:

I'm going to keep having no life, no possessions, and building renewable energy until it kills me. And if poo poo boils over before I'm taken out by an industrial accident, I'm going to take extreme pleasure in ripping the entrails out of anyone culpable I can get my hands on before I loving starve to death.

The gently caress else am I supposed to do? Start a revolution which quite obviously nobody loving wants, against the peak power of modern governments, and very quickly end up in supermax like Kackzynski? Or dead? Yeah, that'll really help save the fuckin' forests, or keep my family from ending up homeless.

We're all in the same loving boat.

Well if you have a gun, you could protect your stash of food. Better yet, you can take food from other people.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

incontinence 100 posted:

Nothing soothes my nerves like kicking back with a 1000$ toy that I am statistically more likely to kill myself with than anything else.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So when global supply chains are destroyed, what are you guys going to do for food?

Share?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I though the prepper gun-nuts all got sent to c-spam.

Tell us more about your violent fantasies, forums user incontinence 100

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
You guys should probably talk to Donald Trump and see if there’s room in the Extremely Stable Genius Club, goddamn.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

PT6A posted:

Having paranoid apocalyptic fantasies is one of the things they probably ask about during the background checks, so I wouldn’t get too excited just yet.

They can't usually be bothered to do the reference checks. The CFP is insanely underfunded, and about to be even more overworked starting next week. I love the description of increasingly relevant climate change disasters as a "paranoid apocalyptic fantasy" though.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

incontinence 100 posted:

So when global supply chains are destroyed, what are you guys going to do for food?

Share?

I've got a cat and a community garden plot, so I'm sitting pretty.

I'll be gorging myself on cat milk and lettuce in my war rig (or "2005 Honda Civic", if you want to be a pedant) while you chumps wither away.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
A helpful reminder: If your solution to any problem posed in the CanPol thread is "You should buy a gun", you should very definitely not buy a gun.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

incontinence 100 posted:

Share?

Nukes would be flying before anything fundamental to human survival is shut down.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Could you even imagine sharing food stocks and agricultural responsibilities with your friends and neighbours? What a laugh!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I'll be amazed if the driver even gets a small fine, let alone jail time or loses their licence for any period of time
EDIT: Hell I bet a pedestrian that throws a bottle at someone blowing the crosswalk would be punished more harshly

Booourns fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 25, 2019

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eox posted:

Could you even imagine sharing food stocks and agricultural responsibilities with your friends and neighbours? What a laugh!

Are you being sarcastic? Especially after we just spent a whole page on Torontonian Civic Responsibility?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

incontinence 100 posted:

Are you being sarcastic? Especially after we just spent a whole page on Torontonian Civic Responsibility?

Yeah, yeah. Anyway, start rolling those cans of beans over here and don't make any sudden moves.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

What kind of shot is best for defending my 30 day MRE buckets?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 25, 2019

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

You ever been blasted by a shotgun filled with salt?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Anything larger than a pellet gun is probably fine to defend them from yourself and end things after you've been eating that poo poo for about a week or so.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

incontinence 100 posted:

You ever been blasted by a shotgun filled with salt?

No, but then again I was always smart enough to avoid trespassing on the cranky old coot's fields.

Mind you, these days I hear they go for the post-Soviet stamped metal hand gun and surplus Chinese ammo

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
hobby rocketry is also legal in canada and you can fire all the way up to G type motors now before you need to get certified and it gets classified as high power, anyway you can learn all kinds of wholesome things about fire and explosives and property destruction like I did when I was young!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

A gyrojet is a gun, right?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Tighclops posted:

hobby rocketry is also legal in canada and you can fire all the way up to G type motors now before you need to get certified and it gets classified as high power, anyway you can learn all kinds of wholesome things about fire and explosives and property destruction like I did when I was young!

Was also hella into this as a kid. Absolutely great hobby for them.

Growing up on the North Shore though, was hard to find any big enough areas to use.

I eventually lost all my dope rear end rockets to landing up in treetops.

incontinence 100
Dec 21, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So you can't muster enough fuel to generate electricity because the electrical grid ceases to function but somehow you're going to be able to call in a strategic missile strike to fend off the starving hordes who are about to plunder your grain dump.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Another hard hitting loss for left wing labour in the on-going conservative revolution

quote:

A company is justified in firing a unionized employee for masturbating in a bathroom stall at work, a labour arbitrator in Nova Scotia has ruled.

The arbitrator concluded that the employer, an aerospace firm operating hangars at the Halifax airport, had just cause to terminate the employee because his colleagues could hear what he was doing, and it caused “embarrassment and distress” in the workplace. The employee had also been warned about his behaviour two years earlier.

The employee and Unifor, his union, tried various unsuccessful arguments in their grievance, including that he had a disability of sex addiction. They also argued he had not been properly warned because managers were too embarrassed to directly tell him what the complaints were about and instead spoke in euphemisms about “unusual noises.”

It appears to be the first Canadian labour case on the subject. “Neither (the company) nor the union’s representative had been able to find any case dealing with masturbation in the workplace,” the ruling says.

Arbitrator Gus Richardson was asked to decide whether the act of loudly masturbating in a stall justified discipline and termination, and whether a bathroom stall is a sufficiently private place.

“On this point I accept that there is nothing illegal about masturbation,” he wrote. He said the problem is the employee violated the privacy and sense of personal decorum of his co-workers, and ignored warnings to stop. “He instead conducted an activity that he knew (and certainly ought to have known) would and did cause embarrassment and distress to his co-workers once they became aware that he was doing it in close proximity to them.”

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

loudly masturbating

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Stickarts posted:

loudly masturbating

New thread title please.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
On the one hand, cranking it on the clock is sticking it to the capitalist pigs profiting off your labour.

On the other hand (the one that's not currently busy), cranking it on the clock, loudly, is disrespectful to your fellow workers.

I'm going to call this one a wash for the class war.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Boss makes a dollar I make a dime / that's why I wank on company time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Stickarts posted:

loudly masturbating

This raises so very many questions

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Jehde posted:

They can't usually be bothered to do the reference checks. The CFP is insanely underfunded, and about to be even more overworked starting next week.

I thought they were pretty stringent about checking references for restricted lincenses at least?
What's happening next week? I've been out of the loop for a while now.

The Butcher posted:

On the one hand, cranking it on the clock is sticking it to the capitalist pigs profiting off your labour.

On the other hand (the one that's not currently busy), cranking it on the clock, loudly, is disrespectful to your fellow workers.

I'm going to call this one a wash for the class war.
Probably something classist about shared restrooms vs single occupancy. I dunno, I can't stretch far enough to make an argument here.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Hey guys, I'm partially guilty for stirring up this discussion but this thread needs to dial things back a notch. If your plans for the future involve guns you absolutely shouldn't be talking about it here.

Climate change pessimism is a reasonable stance and one I mostly share but given the mental health crisis that this thread had very recently I think we need to take it a bit easier. Please no more talking about your inevitable personal doom, the people you want to take out before you go, or other plans that directly imply your plans to commit violence. This is the threads first and last warning.

Helsing fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 25, 2019

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

On behalf of Steve1989, storing MREs in buckets is terrible for their lifespan and general quality. Keep them in a cool dark room.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Arivia posted:

On behalf of Steve1989, storing MREs in buckets is terrible for their lifespan and general quality. Keep them in a cool dark room.

Word, but I was referencing these

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

B33rChiller posted:

I thought they were pretty stringent about checking references for restricted lincenses at least?
What's happening next week? I've been out of the loop for a while now.

Not really, they'll just call one of the references for a few minutes, instead of none of the references. Not what I would really consider stringent, or adequate.

C-71 gets its final reading (pretty sure?) on monday when senate next sits, should get voted through (as tabled without amendments) pretty easily given how many seats in the senate are taken by the ISG, and how politically popular woke authoritarianism is right now. It will probably get Lizzy's stamp of approval pretty quick afterwards.

C-71 has a bunch of dumb bullshit in it, but notably it will make it a requirement for all non-restricted firearm transfers to be approved by the CFO. So like a restricted, you'll have to call in, give the CFP all the license information, get a reference number, give the reference number to the buyer, have them call in to complete the transfer, then ship it off with signature like normal or hand it to them in person. Only difference from a restricted transfer is the actual firearm information is kept by the seller with the reference number rather than the CFO, so it's TOTALLY NOT A LONG GUN REGISTRY GUYS. It will just require all the same overhead of one, and it will apply to all non-restricted firearms, including grandpa's old .22, and 12 gauges people keep for grizzly bear protection up north. It also includes more extensive background checks, but if they're already skipping them in the first place, I super doubt they'll suddenly start doing them now. Oh and people are gonna have to call and get a short term authorization to transport to take a restricted gun to a gunsmith now.

Not sure how the enforcement and implementation will work out, but RCMP updated their website as soon as the bill was tabled by Goodale (for the CZ and SAN rifle rageboner they had), so I imagine the CFP is going to have a lot more work to do pretty soon, with no real funding increase to account for it.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 25, 2019

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jehde posted:

woke authoritarianism

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I wonder if one of JWR or JP become leader.....