Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Hellsau posted:

That sequence reads so differently on the comic holy poo poo. In Murata's version, Saitama is hopping backwards, and Suiryu popped the platform to make it swing over to slam into Saitama and bring him forwards with it. In the anime, Saitama just....floats up at the now vertical platform...

it's really amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He floats up from a position that would be like behind Suiryu, it's beautiful.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I just watched the two most recent episodes. It pains me to have this good content poo poo upon by impossible deadlines and production problems.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Murata comic is so drat good that it really does feel completely pointless to do an anime of it UNLESS it is exceptional as well, like OPM season 1 was

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Y'all crazy, there was loads of problems with this episode but the way he just sort of floated into the platform and the weak sound effect wasn't one them, that was a great gag

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

GodFish posted:

Y'all crazy, there was loads of problems with this episode but the way he just sort of floated into the platform and the weak sound effect wasn't one them, that was a great gag

Why did Saitama float up there? Did he hop back and upwards at that weird angle? Did Suiryu hit Saitama to toss him there? Did Saitama get popped up from Suiryu's ground slam?

I suspect the animators saw that panel and didn't understand what was happening.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

GodFish posted:

they straight misread the panel, lol

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
wouldn't be the first time, remember garou's hadouken

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
You all need to stop trolling. Stop trying to trick me into thinking there's a hideous looking One Punch man season 2 anime. Those are obviously fan renders y'all are posting, trying to trick us innocent casual fans into thinking they would disrespect animation as a concept as well as disrespect the source material.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Zzulu posted:

The Murata comic is so drat good that it really does feel completely pointless to do an anime of it UNLESS it is exceptional as well, like OPM season 1 was

This is also how I feel.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

UP AND ADAM posted:

This is also how I feel.

Unfortunately, it's not how the executives felt!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PringleCreamEgg posted:

You all need to stop trolling. Stop trying to trick me into thinking there's a hideous looking One Punch man season 2 anime. Those are obviously fan renders y'all are posting, trying to trick us innocent casual fans into thinking they would disrespect animation as a concept as well as disrespect the source material.

Is this going to be the next Tsukihime anime meme.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Soon the reality of the situation will hit you as hard as Saitama hit the arena floor.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Shadow0 posted:

Unfortunately, it's not how the executives felt!

i hope the monster association eats those executives

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Darth TNT posted:

Soon the reality of the situation will hit you as hard as Saitama hit the arena floor.

for real i don't care if it was misread i really laughed at all the lazy poo poo with saitama. it fits.

they killed my boy metal bat though

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If season 3 ever is a thing they should take a lesson from S2 and animate Saitama just as lzaily whenever hes not serious.

The manga (and webcomic) shifts drastically in levels of details so the anime should too.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the metal bat v elder centipede fight is one of the best in the manga, and incredibly disappointing in the anime

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If season 3 ever is a thing they should take a lesson from S2 and animate Saitama just as lzaily whenever hes not serious.

The manga (and webcomic) shifts drastically in levels of details so the anime should too.

s1 already had shifts in style. like saitama's ok face or goblin tatsumaki. it was way better

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Season 3 will absolutely be a thing. The show's still doing great.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
New manga chapter dropped, still untranslated but...

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156657645373

"There is nothing I can't cut."

Atomic Samurai putting his money where his mouth is cutting apart loving energy beam thingies.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Manatee Cannon posted:

s1 already had shifts in style. like saitama's ok face or goblin tatsumaki. it was way better

Even when they were shifted into simple styles they were still animated well and on model.

I mean go whole hog on it.
Saitama just animates REAL badly.

Like the Cat Monster is highly animated and slithers around really smoothly and saitama just tweens forward with his arm outstretched.

I WANT SAITAMA TO DO THE BERSERK(2016) SHUFFLE.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 25, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Make him a crudely drawn drawing on notebook paper.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

skaianDestiny posted:

Translations out. Two different versions.

"what...was that?" "Just a normal punch."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156657645373

Atomic Samurai putting his money where his mouth is cutting apart loving energy beam thingies.

Silver Fang being able to do the same as well is a real hype flavor of totally nuts too.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Saitama is tired of being stuck in a shonen story. He should punch reality so hard it plops him down in another universe where he can be happy. Maybe a small town slice-of-life drama where he works at a bargain store that puts on a different sale every day.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yoshikage Saitama just wants a quiet life.

But seriously, put Saitama in The Devil is a Part Timer and let him be at peace.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

But Saitama doesn't want to be in a slice of life. Saitama wants to be in a normal shonen where fights are an actual challenge and he can actually have fun trying to reach victory.

It was genuinely depressing to see Saitama this time too, because it's horribly obvious that he's lost all hope. For all of the comedy of him just telling his enemy to stop, there's that really sad undertone of "what's the point" that is more than obvious. As he points out, he isn't expecting anything, and he's absolutely right in doing so. This so-called ultimate lifeform didn't even need a Serious Series to get killed, just a normal punch.

It's like it only gets worse with time, as more and more monsters just completely fail to be any sort of challenge.

Good job surviving for a full chapter with a Saitama that didn't even feel like prolonging a fight though.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
God, that fight ruled.

also hey Rover survived

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

also hey Rover survived

Of course Saitama goes easy on good boys. He's not a monster!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That dog is gonna start living in Saitama's apartment, isn't it?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

this chapter was incredible

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, that monster king fella is cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My god, I've never seen a glove drawn so detailed before.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Uhm, I guess that the end of that?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

MiddleOne posted:

Uhm, I guess that the end of that?

The real mastermind was the psychic monster anyways. I imagine that he’ll get away and try again with a new king or if Tatsumaki doesn’t merc him

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

thetoughestbean posted:

God, that fight ruled.

also hey Rover survived

hopefully he survived the massive city-destroying beam that was fired in his direction

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

hopefully he survived the massive city-destroying beam that was fired in his direction

Rover died on the trip back to his home planet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

CharlestonJew posted:

Long term spoiler

DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT READ THE ONE VERSION AND DO NOT WANT SPOILER

YOU ARE WARNED

Saitama adopts a nice doggo that was formerly a bad doggo

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Elfface posted:

That dog is gonna start living in Saitama's apartment, isn't it?

Where did you get the impression that Saitama would ever pick up some strays hanging around to live in his apartment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Skippy McPants posted:

Saitama is tired of being stuck in a shonen story. He should punch reality so hard it plops him down in another universe where he can be happy. Maybe a small town slice-of-life drama where he works at a bargain store that puts on a different sale every day.

His happiness has to do with his own hangups, not his surroundings. Although it'd probably be better for him if there weren't so many people in complete awe of him, and more people like King and Mumen Rider.