Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Echophonic posted:

Is it just me or is the Assimilate bubble on Nyx the wrong color? Mine's not using my energy colors, it looks like a mix of tertiary and accent. I keep mine dark (purple with black right now) for visibility purposes.

it's probably due to the secondary energy colors now, which are probably default on your build. You gotta set both to black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does anyone use nyx in general missions? the deluxe skin is nice but i never ever use her for anything and i dont know where to start with playing her beyond "press 4 and chill"

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

does anyone use nyx in general missions? the deluxe skin is nice but i never ever use her for anything and i dont know where to start with playing her beyond "press 4 and chill"

I spec her for efficiency/duration, equilibrium and synth fiber, intensify just to make sure her 2 strips all armor and shields. Press 4, chill, press 2 on heavies for one hit kills, travel around with a naramon/zenurik op buffs

edit: forgot the most important thing: use the most explodey weapons you can since you can't kill yourself anymore. That's actually mandatory

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

nerdz posted:

it's probably due to the secondary energy colors now, which are probably default on your build. You gotta set both to black.

I reset the energy colors on everything and that seems to have done it. My frame secondary colors were set before though, only thing that wasn't was my syandana.

Edit: Oh, it's in the new hotfix. Duh.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 24, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Babe Magnet posted:

loot party nerf: "not a strict rollback, but we're going to take a closer look", don't want to commit to anything on stream. Sounds like loot may be buffed in other ways?

RUNNER FRAME IS ANIME AS HELL also RIP Volt

(missed opened up from the front)

he has little revved up engines on his limbs that hum and vibrate. He has a unique "Agile animation set, and he "opens up" and gets prongs and poo poo.

Its the Vic Viper Frame

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Re: Nyx - I have a high efficiency / casting speed build for hammering out chaos and 100% debuffs with no windup. My usual carries are a broken Synapse for four digit damage buff'd mind control shenanigans, and an equally broken Kulstar for turning the entire play area into something inhospitable to life. Sometimes I'll carry a Sicarus Prime instead for Robocop roleplay, but that's just for me.

And don't discount the Nemesis skin, it too is fantastic

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm partial to the Athena skin for Nyx as well, but I'm a Tennogen whale. Nyx Prime Helmet for life, though.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Nnn, not that happy with the Wukong rework so far. I was kinda hoping all 4 of his buttons would get thrown out since they were all trash. But I guess the most important thing is to see if they make his 4 not embarassing to use trash, the loving useless limp noodle.

The two new frames are looking sweet though, want that big chunky boy and his blender bat. RIP Volt and Zephyr though.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Babe Magnet posted:

Wukong deluxe looking DOPE

Rework

Wukong gets a clone, eh? Fun, might actually get me to use him, specially if they make his staff stance not garbage.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

nope best warframe revealed holy poo poo sumo mouth-stomach ogre frame that eats people goddamn I love it give me now

drat he's big... wait.

Is that weapon a loving engine's crankshaft?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it sure is lol good catch

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rorac posted:

drat he's big... wait.

Yeah I thought it was a grineer enemy first because of that, it seems like their thing.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Rorac posted:

drat he's big... wait.

Yeah that happens right before the steamroller drops.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my favorite detail with that weapon concept is that the frame as sculpted has mirrored arms, meaning that in that drawn concept that's a Club/Shield weapon

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tulip posted:

I'm piss-poor at telling when textures are high or lighting is fleek or whatever, but I swear to god if they do a general tile rework and Eris doesn't become at least semi-intuitive to navigate I'm diverting the Thames into London.

Wrong London.

Or good luck.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Argas posted:

Wrong London.

Or good luck.

Honestly the only reason I made the joke is that the Canadian one is on the Canadian Thames, which, c'mon.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

loving :laffo:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

This looks gorgeous

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i love that they chose "blue, grey, and cyan" as colors lmao

who thought that was a good idea

gotta go fast

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Synthbuttrange posted:

gotta go fast

i mean the color-coded consoles in Disruption, the frame looks fine

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

just call it blue, white, aquamarine
fast and easy to type out

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Synthbuttrange posted:

just call it blue, white, aquamarine
fast and easy to type out

the hell are you talking about

i'm saying they hard to visually distinguish at a glance

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

new console colors are grey, dark grey, black, and transparent

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I have perfect color vision, but if i pick up a grey key in a room with blue lighting and both are active you can almost be certain i'm heading towards the blue def point first. They're amazingly terrible color choices.

Anyway, here were my impressions from the dev stream:
-Actually less detailed info on NW Seasons 2 than i expected? Or maybe it just slipped by me.
-They all seem super drained from the last 1-2 weeks of release madness, sounds like they're also stressing for tennocon. Probably for the best that they're taking a short PR break.
-Shelldons "worth of a thought but i'm not planning anything like that" regarding: pet weapon slots is a bit of a bummer but entirely unsurprising.
-They said they're looking into the new UI based on the feedback, which is good, because there's some insanely crappy usability decisions in it from people who seem to have never actually played the game, but hey, thats why the got us!
-They kinda sounded like they did a mea-culpa on the loot "exploit" fix, which is good, because they should roll that garbage back immediately. I feel like they're smarter than picking this as their hill to die on.

I'm not super into the idea of gamers getting mad and shouting at these cool tired nerds, but some of those calls seemed rushed or half-baked. Moreso than the usual "DE classic" modus operandi, that is.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 25, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

oh I thought you were complaining about typing out which one to go for. vOv

quote:

'lunaro is being looked at'

lmaoooooo

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

There's a new Index map based on the new Jupiter. Or it's the old one remade I guess, the one that's like a line if it is because I also got the more spread out one.

It's not great cause there's a lot more space to have to hunt enemies down, including a fair bit of vertical space making it hard to see them with enemy sense. Looks much nicer though.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Sentient tileset looks like someone crossed Blame! with Doom.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While they are on a kick of reworking old tilesets, I hope they look into that earth defense tileset that kills you if you jump too high and has enemies constantly jumping up and down the same crates getting stuck pathing to the center.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Some Lore talk!
I find the new info fits what I thought was previously was timeline loophole. Like, how is the Lotus symbols and the fact she was in Lua all along make any sense at all if she is supposed to be with the Tenno after the Orokin's fall. Now it sorta makes more sense. The Orokin repurposed her into a doting mother for the Tenno, like they changed Ordan Karris into a doting nanny, so they could fight the Sentients. It was probably Ballas' idea because he was scheming to keep Margulis alive after execution. But cutting her off from her link essentially turned her back into Natah.

I foresee the the New War pits the Tenno vs the Sentients and wrecked Sentients' poo poo back to Tau and then we'd get the return of the Orokin assholes who had been hiding all this time, biding their time. Aka the dudes in Planes of Duviri.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They need to give the keys different models. I've had better luck remembering the consoles by icon shape rather than color. Let me take the triangle key to the triangle console and I'll be fine.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Don't the map icons of the keys start blinking when you pick them up? That's what I've been using to find out where to go.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Bogus Adventure posted:

Don't the map icons of the keys start blinking when you pick them up? That's what I've been using to find out where to go.

They are also shaped differently.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yeah but not in shapes that are easy to describe.

A prongly pretzel.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I Am Just a Box posted:

They need to give the keys different models. I've had better luck remembering the consoles by icon shape rather than color. Let me take the triangle key to the triangle console and I'll be fine.

the keys do have different models. the big chunk at the end of the key is shaped like the conduit symbol.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

nerdz posted:

Oh my god, this gas/electric max fire rate/status chance ferrox build I made as a joke actually wrecks stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/04NzyDM.mp4

How it works: Basically the shock procs make it so they can't flee, the magnetism brings them all together and everyone gets close enough to get hit by each other's gas procs at once. Fire rate makes it pulse twice per second with almost 100% status chance, heavily skewed towards gas.

It can lock down an entire corridor/capture point and kill everything within for 30 secs.

I love how they buffed all speargun throws but somehow ferrox ended up stronger than javlok in damage and utility

oh my god this looks incredible, definitely trying this out

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Johnny Joestar posted:

the keys do have different models. the big chunk at the end of the key is shaped like the conduit symbol.

I need to pay more drat attention rather than just glancing at the broadest contours of the shape, then. In my defense, it's a fast-paced game with a lot of poo poo to keep track of.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

:getin:

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Goddamn that's a nice Riven

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
only 4 rolls????