Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Samovar posted:

Does he have an earring, smoke cigarillos and dress inexplicably as a sailor?

Ahahaha. Man I hope someone else gets this. 😂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

quote:

Also I really don't know about deriving someone's politics from their preference of army.

This. I'm about to start playing Bolt Action with an Italian army and I certainly have no love for fascists. Obviously, chuds are going to be attracted to fash and fash-adjacent armies but playing "the bad guys" or even "the nominal good guys who are actually bad guys" isn't like a fool-proof litmus test for being a fascist.

The reason I'm playing Italians is because
1.)Some one's gotta play the bad guys, can't have blue on blue every game!
2.)Everyone who plays BA bad guys, in my experience, plays Germans and I wanted to play a less-used army
3.)The Italian special rule is kinda funny (if they've destroyed three more units than they've lost, all their units get +2 Morale, but if they've lost three more units than they've destroyed, all their units get -2 morale)

EDIT: I also think the Italian power armor dudes in Konflikt '47 are pretty snazzy looking

EDIT EDIT: I also think playing Italians might be an interesting chud-detector by itself; if someone comes up to me and starts talking about something like "You know, Il Duce did have some good ideas" I can know to avoid that person like the plague

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 25, 2019

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The idea of judging people purely based on the army they are playing is, frankly, stupid. Unless they've gone out of their way to somehow alter the canonical scheme to include fash symbols (Nazi flags or swastikas on wehrmacht tanks) you're the one being an arsehole for judging them on something so utterly facile. It's quite literally an example of prejudice in action.

I certainly don't want to play with someone who is secretly sneering at me because I happen to think Black Templars look cool.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Italy was the Meatwad of the Axis Powers, I think seeing them being played them is more embarrassing to fascists than anything else.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

smug jeebus posted:

Italy was the Meatwad of the Axis Powers, I think seeing them being played them is more embarrassing to fascists than anything else.

I think this, too. I always assume every Italian player is a huge history nerd with a penchant for underdogs and silly uniforms.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

smug jeebus posted:

Italy was the Meatwad of the Axis Powers

I loving shot my drink out of my nose, this is the best description I've ever heard

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Plus you can play as Axis or Allies as the situation requires!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

The idea of judging people purely based on the army they are playing is, frankly, stupid. Unless they've gone out of their way to somehow alter the canonical scheme to include fash symbols (Nazi flags or swastikas on wehrmacht tanks) you're the one being an arsehole for judging them on something so utterly facile. It's quite literally an example of prejudice in action.

I certainly don't want to play with someone who is secretly sneering at me because I happen to think Black Templars look cool.

Yeah. Judge people for running fash iconography in places where it isn't an expected part of the setting. 40k iron crosses and black suns are going to get a lot more side eye out of me than Wehrmacht or Italians in Bolt Action, where those are antagonist forces for a historical game.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

smug jeebus posted:

I guess Germany was Master Shake and Japan was Frylock? It checks out, Sam!

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

PinheadSlim posted:

I always assume every Italian player is a huge history nerd with a penchant for underdogs and silly uniforms.

Guilty.

jakodee
Mar 4, 2019

Defenistrator posted:

I didn't call him out, but l usually say his white supremacy is intensifying whenever he says anything stupid. Usually when I meet him, I just greet him with a "hello racist/nazi/fasc" pretty loudly.

He seems to be unable to handle these jokes well and gets very upset.

Takes them too personally for some reason :confused:

Why do you play with this group? Just like... tell them you are unwilling to play with a white supremacist and then either leave it get him kicked out.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

jakodee posted:

Why do you play with this group? Just like... tell them you are unwilling to play with a white supremacist and then either leave it get him kicked out.

bad...group is better than no group?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

bad...group is better than no group?
Wrong. No gaming is always better than bad gaming.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

How the gently caress are you getting this backwards?

It is the nazi, not the nazi's target, that needs to gently caress off.

I bet you also wonder why people won't speak up about this poo poo. God drat.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah I figured bad gaming < no gaming was more about being in a dragging lovely campaign you don't care about, or playing Pathfinder when you hate Pathfinder because it's the only thing played locally, etc. If these people have some dude barking racist bullshit that is a different order of problem.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Nazi punks STAY IN THE GROUP, I'll gently caress off

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
My local gaming store was found guilty of unprecedented and historic human rights violations towards women!

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/taking-a-stand-against-abuse-284204591.html

... this city

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Harvey Mantaco posted:

My local gaming store was found guilty of unprecedented and historic human rights violations towards women!

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/taking-a-stand-against-abuse-284204591.html

... this city

Having known her personally, to this day I still take her story with a grain of salt. That being said, the game store in question has really cleaned up their act, and it may be under new ownership since then as well.

Keep in mind that this incident was back in 2012/2013, so it has been a few years.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Randalor posted:

Having known her personally, to this day I still take her story with a grain of salt. That being said, the game store in question has really cleaned up their act, and it may be under new ownership since then as well.

Keep in mind that this incident was back in 2012/2013, so it has been a few years.

She won her case. What unique information or involvement did you have?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Harvey Mantaco posted:

She won her case. What unique information or involvement did you have?

As far as I am aware, there were no witnesses to either the incident she reported to her boss, or to the interaction between herself and her boss, and her boss didn't get a lawyer and represented himself.

Years before this, she had accused my then-gf of slandering her on a forum for a group that neither of us had ever heard of before after she had sexually assaulted both myself and my then-gf at a party, and when asked for links or screenshots of the posts, she said that the thread had been deleted.

I'm not saying the incident in question didn't happen, just that I'm taking it with a grain of salt considering my past history with her.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

The case literally went to a hearing and she won, my dude.

https://www.canlii.org/en/mb/mbhrc/doc/2013/2013canlii21646/2013canlii21646.html?autocompleteStr=Garland&autocompletePos=1

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
It's kinda a 'he said, she said', where the court miraculously sided with the woman. That's pretty rare tbf, so probably the dude was real bad at telling his side.

the court document posted:

Furthermore, Mr Berg explained that, being a man of larger size, he had once innocently rubbed against Ms Garland due only to the narrow aisles of the shop.

Which one of you is this?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Which one of you is this?

Doesn't matter. This is off topic. Focus on fascists in trad gaming.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Deified Data posted:

what's the appeal of Black Templars if you're not into Teutonic imagery, Deus Vult, and hate?
Because they make a fantastic chud-detector when you paint them like this:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Ilor posted:

I plan on making a chapter of space marines that's composed of both men and women. I can't wait for the demands of detailed lore-correct explanations for how it all works, I still haven't decided if I'm going to come up with any or just ask them why I need one.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hostile V posted:

Wrong. No gaming is always better than bad gaming.

Nah, gaming with nazis is fine because they make a great target for using cheesy lists, getting all rules lawyer-y(and subsequentially debating them with "FACTS AND LOGIC!"), and being punching bags. Eventually if you dunk on them hard enough, they won't be having any fun and leave.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Ilor posted:

I didn't get it, then i noticed that he wasnt wearing a helmet and i chucked

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Well, he's a Black Templar, it all checks out.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

I didn't get it, then i noticed that he wasnt wearing a helmet and i chucked

I don't see what that has to do with his sword being the wrong shade of blue.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

PinheadSlim posted:

I plan on making a chapter of space marines that's composed of both men and women. I can't wait for the demands of detailed lore-correct explanations for how it all works, I still haven't decided if I'm going to come up with any or just ask them why I need one.

I'm definitely putting some female Primaris in my army (when I finally settle on what chapter I'm playing). Because if you're going to build a better Space Marine, why not double the recruitment pool?

Randalor posted:

It's nothing to do with the sword, it's because his armour's dark grey and not black!

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 27, 2019

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

Yeah, it doesn't look like any baharroth was used on that sword.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

PinheadSlim posted:

I have female Space Wolves in my intercessor and hellblaster packs. They serve nicely to detect grogs.

After all, it's just a head swap and Wolves are apparently allergic to helmets anyway.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 27, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder if those FW female Stormcast would work as head swaps for Marines.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Honestly any armored figure without a helmet triggers me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynBtZsbXsw

jakodee
Mar 4, 2019

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

How the gently caress are you getting this backwards?

It is the nazi, not the nazi's target, that needs to gently caress off.

I bet you also wonder why people won't speak up about this poo poo. God drat.

I mean that’s preferable. If the group won’t get rid of him you don’t just keep coming though, you tell them all they’re loving scum and that they should go gently caress themselves.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Dawgstar posted:

I wonder if those FW female Stormcast would work as head swaps for Marines.

They should fit reasonably for the primaris or some of the other larger marine sculpts. Not sure for the older kits if they might look a bit big.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I have a good friend that obsesses over squad markings and correct outfitting (he's a 30k man of course) and he goes apeshit over female marines it's pretty funny.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Desiden posted:

They should fit reasonably for the primaris or some of the other larger marine sculpts. Not sure for the older kits if they might look a bit big.

GW missed a chance at revealing the Primaris are all female.

jakodee
Mar 4, 2019

Dawgstar posted:

GW missed a chance at revealing the Primaris are all female.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE RESPONSE?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Giving some thought to adding some women to my Black Legion - best part is it requires no explanation more in-depth than "chaos did it". Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but "the warp did it" is irrefutable.

Wasn't there some short story where a female guard or whatever is corrupted and basically becomes a Berserker?