Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Zeraora is super reminiscent of gold form Sonic imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Jessie’s great, she can live off of nothing but snow. She’s only hungry during the summer, which is a bummer because japan climate.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Wellp, just lost at Battle Tower again, this time I finally got to Palmer fight #2, and his last Pokemon, which had a single hit point left when it killed my own last Pokemon. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this game. Boy do I look forward to spending another 6 goddamn hours getting back to that point to hope my first move doesn't miss this time.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Silver2195 posted:

Just watched Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. It was pretty good! I liked that it didn't adhere to the standard Pokemon movie formula as much as I expected. I at least half-expected the plot to be something like "humans endanger the Tree of Beginning by polluting it, Mew gets angry at humans and leads an attack on them, Lucario holds Mew off, Ash convinces the humans to stop polluting and Mew to stop fighting." Instead the "rampaging Legendary" role is taken by the Tree itself rather than any of the actual Pokemon (although Mew does set off the plot by abducting Pikachu and Meowth on a childish whim), and the climatic conflict involves the Tree having an allergic reaction rather than something humans can really be blamed for. And the Tree plotline felt secondary to Lucario and his backstory anyway; the movie could have been called "Lucario and the Mystery of Sir Aaron." The plot is still resolved by self-sacrificing grand gestures from Ash and Lucario, true to form, but it felt like the natural way for the story to end.

I'm tempted to complain that Aura, the magitech crystals, and some other fantasy elements felt out of place in the world of the Pokemon anime, but the two-parter with Misty and the kingdom of Topegi-worshippers had similar "European" fantasy elements, something along the lines of Aura was necessary to justify the Special Fighting-type moves introduced in Gen IV, and Pokemon's setting has always been something of an inconsistent mess anyway.

The introduction of Kidd and Banks was a bit odd, as I don't think they did much beyond some exposition, but I guess they were there as a red herring (Kidd seems like a villain early on but isn't).

OK, maybe the plot wasn't that good, but it's still better than Jiraichi: Wish Maker and Destiny Deoxys.

Fun fact: Ash being sensitive to Aura does actually come up again a couple of times during the DP seasons, one such time being a two-parter episode featuring a Riolu. Ash being Aura-sensitive is a critical plot-point in said two-parter.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Okay some of these Meowth fantasies are just plain weird.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

bobjr posted:

Extremely.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

bobjr posted:

Look, man, running a crime syndicate is stressful work.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

bobjr posted:

don't kinkshame

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

bobjr posted:

:stonklol:

.....huh. That sure is a... fantasy I guess.

Okay look, I'm not gonna front guys that scene looks all kinds of wrong and I'm making an active effort here not to interpret it in a horrible way but I'm sorry it ain't happening. Jesus tap dancing Christ whyyyyyyyy

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Imagine being mobbed and snuggled by a bunch of puppies.

How is that wrong?

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Idk about the rest of you but it's hard for me to equate fluffy puppies to ladybugs, caterpillars, ratty-feathered birds and sentient mushrooms/sunflower seeds.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

BattleCattle posted:

Imagine being mobbed and snuggled by a bunch of puppies.

How is that wrong?

why is he naked tho

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SirBukkake posted:

Idk about the rest of you but it's hard for me to equate fluffy puppies to ladybugs, caterpillars, ratty-feathered birds and sentient mushrooms/sunflower seeds.

that sounds like a you problem and not a Meowth problem

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Wait, why's he naked

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Why wouldn't he?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

bobjr posted:

My personal hell and recurring nightmare is being thrown into a pit of spiders and wasps. So I'm more than freaked out.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Ledyba is one of the kewtest gen II mons and it would be heaven to be buried in a chiliad of them

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

less laughter posted:

Ledyba is one of the kewtest gen II mons and it would be heaven to be buried in a chiliad of them

That top-left Ledyba is kinda...kinda waaaaaay into whatever it's doing tho.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Farecoal posted:

why is he naked tho

:C

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dias posted:

That top-left Ledyba is kinda...kinda waaaaaay into whatever it's doing tho.

He's massaging Giovanni's shoulder, that man is way too tense.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

BattleCattle posted:

Wait, why's he naked

they’re all naked

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I just realized

he's training

this is what pokemon amie looks like

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

I just realized

he's training

this is what pokemon amie looks like

Don't put this image in my head I BEG you. :gonk:

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 25, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
smh if you don't take your clothes off before pokemon refresh

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ID2bwEyYsk

:allears:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I just finished watching Detective Pikachu. As a story, it was simple but okay; but as a Pokemon thing it appealed directly to what I love about this series in an amazing way.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 25, 2019

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Still in awe of that loving Ditto

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
The best part hands down was how alive the setting was. It made me feel the same sensation of "this is the world I fell in love with" that I started really feeling with Unova and that the series has made more efforts to convey since.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The first few episodes of the Diamond and Pearl anime have been pretty good (well, not the dub OP and ED; those are crap). While no DP episodes so far have been strictly "filler" in the sense the Pokemon anime fandom uses, there has been one fairly character-of-the-day-centric episode, and even a "lost in a forest" storyline (rehashing a specific one from Johto, no less) - but the forest storyline was funny anyway, and most of the episodes have focused on developing the main characters and their new Pokemon.

Team Rocket somehow seems to have become even less competent than usual to compensate for Ash having fewer and weaker Pokemon, but they mostly work in the roles the story has given them (a device to separate Ash from Pikachu, plus comic relief) - they aren't being used for padding the way they sometimes used to be as much. They also have a new motto, which doesn't make much more sense than their previous mottos. (Fun fact about the mottos: they're actually pretty different from their mottos in the original Japanese version (with the Diamond and Pearl one actually coming closer to the original Japanese than most), but the Japanese mottos don't make much sense either.)

Paul is an assholish and active rival of the kind Ash has never really had before; Gary didn't really do much, and characters like Ritchie and Morrison existed mainly to be tournament opponents rather than to compete with Ash while he was collecting badges. I've heard people say that Paul is based on players who obsess over getting Pokemon with perfect IVs, EVs, etc., but the Pokedex apparently doesn't give information on Pokemon's stats in the anime (just their moves), so Paul's evaluation of which Pokemon are "better" than others of the same species seems rather uninformed. His Elekid is legit, though; it tied with Ash's Pikachu, and Pikachu didn't "reset" due to electrical weirdness this time the way it did in Hoenn. I think someone else in this thread thought it was absurd for Paul's Elekid beat Pikachu after Pikachu beat Regice, but why not? For all we know Elekid is one of Paul's Pokemon from a previous region, just like Ash's Pikachu and Aipom (Paul seems to be older than Ash, after all) and is on the brink of evolving.

Oh yeah. Dawn is cool. She's doing better than Ash and May did when they started out, and it's fun to see how determined she and Piplup are.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 26, 2019

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
I'm tired of earning trillions for Pokestar Studios while not getting a Pokecent in return :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Silver2195 posted:

Paul is an assholish and active rival of the kind Ash has never really had before; Gary didn't really do much

Gary didn't really do anything. He was essentially a non-entity until Johto began.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Who the gently caress needs Silvally anymore

https://twitter.com/Arkeus88/status/1132582758973411328?s=19

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

If they put that in Sword/Shield I'd use Furfrou on all my teams. That's better than Dandy mode.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
When you transfer a Pokemon from Pokemon Go to Let's Go, does it list the real world location the Pokemon was caught or say something like caught at the Go Park?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Thinking about heading for Victory Road in my Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke today. I just booted it up and I'm at Sootopolis City with all 8 badges, and my team is currently:
Lv. 54 USA Swellow @ [no item]
-Roost, Brave Bird, Thief, Quick Attack
Lv. 54 SPA Umbreon @ Amulet Coin
-Charm, Wish, Bite, Last Resort
Lv. 54 USA Delphox @ Leftovers
-Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic
Lv. 54 FRE Gogoat @ Big Root
-Leech Seed, Bulk Up, Earthquake, Horn Leech
Lv. 54 FRE Stoutland @ Bright Powder
-Crunch, Rock Tomb, Reversal, Last Resort
Lv. 55 KOR Seaking @ Rocky Helmet
-Aqua Ring, Dive, Megahorn, Surf

Do I go for Victory Road or is there a side quest/dungeon I should clear out first?

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 27, 2019

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I'd say go for it, you seem to have good enough type coverage for the elite 4. Also, maybe it's just me, but I felt like victory road was a lot quicker in ORAS than RS

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I don't understand what's going on here...

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't understand what's going on here...

the haircut dog has gotten a blasphemous haircut

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm more impressed they squeezed the limiter ring on it

RIP internal organs

Corsets were a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
doesn't hold a candle to Purugly's corset